• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation 2 Reportedly In Development At Disney

I played Isolation a few years ago and it instantly became one of my favorite games of all time. It’s literally the perfect couples game, my gf sat and watched me play the ENTIRE game. We get home from work and the first thing she’d ask was, are we gonna play Alien? Lol. We loved the jump scares, yelling with excitement when we were hiding firm the alien, desperate to find a locker or a place to hide. So many cool moments. An absolutely wonderful gaming experience and one of the best times I’ve ever had with gaming. It’s in my top 10 of all time.

I played Isolation a few years ago and it instantly became one of my favorite games of all time. It’s literally the perfect couples game, my gf sat and watched me play the ENTIRE game. We get home from work and the first thing she’d ask was, are we gonna play Alien? Lol. We loved the jump scares, yelling with excitement when we were hiding firm the alien, desperate to find a locker or a place to hide. So many cool moments. An absolutely wonderful gaming experience and one of the best times I’ve ever had with gaming. It’s in my top 10 of all time.

Nice, now marry her !

In other news : Back in the day, this, for me, was one of the
best and "true next gen" experiences I've ever had - the sound production was just off the charts and with a good pair headphones the game transformed into really something else, it basically elevated the whole experience to new heights.
Couple that with a terrific art-direction that respected Alien's retro-futuristic aesthetics, and terrific Alien A.I and the whole thing was just a love letter to Alien fans made by people that "get it" that obviously also loved the Alien franchise.

For Alien nerds, this game was magical as you couldn't not get immersed in the whole thing, it just reeked atmosphere which in turn was so friggin heavy that you could have cut it with a friggin' knife.

I also never understood the complaints about the game's length : 1st part was pure Alien were you'd just shit your pants every 2-3 minutes with the 2nd part getting all REVENGE MOTHERFUCKERS ! with you not only being able to fight back but also fuck things up, after the first few hours of pure terror it actually felt - not only earned - but also empowering.

Absolutely brilliant experience, a 9/10 game for me for sure and Alongside the Alien and Aliens films it's one of the best pieces of Aliens media/content - the rest of 'em might as well not exist.

PS : working Joes are actually some of the creepiest enemies ever.

Last edited:
I have multiple copies of this game and even bought it the day it released on GOG.

I'm pretty excited but then I see the word Disney up there which has dwindled my hopes.

Beh, I could be wrong though. The Star Wars video games that have come out lately have been pretty good.

After reading that leak in depth, this sounds like complete bullshit.

For one, you're going to explore the mystery of the space jockey but it's going to ignore Prometheus and Alien Covenant.

I mean, I would love for the space jockey to be a more weirder, grotesque alien being than just a 10 ft tall bald pale guy with black eyes. I like Prometheus but one thing I hated was how human looking the space jockey turned out to be.

But just the idea that they're completely ignoring Prometheus and retconning it perhaps makes me suspicious of this so-called leak.

Oh well, here's to hoping.

Did anyone like Alien Isolation? I mean, really like it? It's got a great atmosphere at the start, sure. Once the alien starts creeping around and killing you though, did you really have fun with it? I didn't. Not because I was scared, I got over that after dying many times. Then there's the robot guys start attacking and take a million bullets to take out. It just wasn't fun at all.

This mod made the game enjoyable to me
Originally the alien was kept close to you with some sort of leash. This mod allows the alien to walk around the entire map and surprise you.

It is not scripted, so it is possible that you will almost never see him...
I felt completely safe at some point and bang, he killed me and scared the shit out of me

Dr.Morris79

At... Disney?

oh-please-god-no-back-to-the-future.gif
Yeah i'm not feeling it either..

Did anyone like Alien Isolation? I mean, really like it? It's got a great atmosphere at the start, sure. Once the alien starts creeping around and killing you though, did you really have fun with it? I didn't. Not because I was scared, I got over that after dying many times. Then there's the robot guys start attacking and take a million bullets to take out. It just wasn't fun at all.

I think you missed the point of the entire game.

Eiknarf

In the meantime they should release a PS5 update patch so that Alien Isolation utilizes the haptic feedback and trigger response. Imagine feeling the footsteps vibrating more and more as the xenomorph gets closer?!
If they can’t implement that with a patch, give us a Remaster to hold us over for the next four years. Cuz it’s gonna be AT LEAST four years until we see a Part 2

Eiknarf

Those robot androids were the weak point of the game, for sure.

But not enough to bring down the thrill of the hide-and-seek match between you and the Xenomorph.

The simplicity of the game is the draw. Hide from alien.
Use motion detector to spot enemies.

It’s easy to play but a challenge to win

All they need to do is take advantage of the PS5 DualSense and have crescendoing vibrations, haptic feedback and trigger effects. That’d be sick

Those robot androids were the weak point of the game, for sure.

But not enough to bring down the thrill of the hide-and-seek match between you and the Xenomorph.

The simplicity of the game is the draw. Hide from alien.
Use motion detector to spot enemies.

It’s easy to play but a challenge to win

All they need to do is take advantage of the PS5 DualSense and have crescendoing vibrations, haptic feedback and trigger effects. That’d be sick

His comment about the shooting mechanics says it all. Alien Isolation IS NOT a shooter. It a horror game in the purest sense and in my opinion a pure masterpiece. The sense of fear the game instills while trying to avoid detection by the Alien is insane. I understand the role of the Androids but i think that less of them and more Aliens would be a better experience.

Top Bottom