• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Isolation 2 Reportedly In Development At Disney

Arachnid

I know a lot of people say they love it, I've just always kind of expected that they say that because they only played the beginning, which is great, and then just say they liked the whole thing to fit in, but nobody ever actually finished it. I know, it's a dumb way of looking at things and probably isn't true. I just was so turned off by it. I started playing on Hard and worked my way down to Easy but still was barley able to get anywhere. I remember the first big stealth part with the xenomorph, spending hours trying it over and over again, only to finally pass and find myself in a hallway full of cyborgs I couldn't sneak past and I was like fuck this game, man. Sick of it.
The game is rough initially, but once you figure out the systems, it gets easier. This is going to sound weird, but the Xeno is easier to stealth past if you keep moving. Even if it's in the same area, just move from cover to cover. Also, don't use your sensor unless you really have no idea where it is. It can hear the beeping. On top of that, you've got tons of ways to draw its attention elsewhere like alarm systems and decoy grenades. The AI itself never gets predictable (unlike Mr. X; this is one of the best aspects of the game). I loved it for the full 22 hours it took me to beat, and I went back to get all the achievements. AI was a once in a generation type horror game. Maybe not even that.

CamHostage

I could see Disney making a new Amanda Ripley game, they seem to be interested in that character. (They previously resurrected Alien Isolation for that weird "Alien Isolation Digital Series" that was just AI cutscenes and game segments spliced as episodes.)

So a new game with that character, maybe made with Alien Isolation in mind, but probably not with Creative Assembly and most definitely made with awareness of what made the first game only a minor success, possibly even with big changes that make Amanda's second game its own thing rather than a straight sequel. Could go a number of ways, though, and the fact that Disney/Fox has the kind of interest in Alien Isolation to keep porting it and redoing it and seemingly interested in following it up is a credit to the fans and the original creative team.

n15BGS2.jpg

Last edited:
I know a lot of people say they love it, I've just always kind of expected that they say that because they only played the beginning, which is great, and then just say they liked the whole thing to fit in, but nobody ever actually finished it. I know, it's a dumb way of looking at things and probably isn't true. I just was so turned off by it. I started playing on Hard and worked my way down to Easy but still was barley able to get anywhere. I remember the first big stealth part with the xenomorph, spending hours trying it over and over again, only to finally pass and find myself in a hallway full of cyborgs I couldn't sneak past and I was like fuck this game, man. Sick of it.

Nope, I loved it from beginning to end, I love Alien so this was just a joy for me. To each their own.

The game is rough initially, but once you figure out the systems, it gets easier. This is going to sound weird, but the Xeno is easier to stealth past if you keep moving. Even if it's in the same area, just move from cover to cover. Also, don't use your sensor unless you really have no idea where it is. It can hear the beeping. On top of that, you've got tons of ways to draw its attention elsewhere like alarm systems and decoy grenades. The AI itself never gets predictable (unlike Mr. X; this is one of the best aspects of the game). I loved it for the full 22 hours it took me to beat, and I went back to get all the achievements. AI was a once in a generation type horror game. Maybe not even that.

This was by design, the longer you hide in one location the harder it gets to stay hidden. You have to keep moving.

Arachnid

This was by design, the longer you hide in one location the harder it gets to stay hidden. You have to keep moving.
That explains why my first playthrough on normal was so hard. I think I died like 10 times in the medical bay because I was too scared to move LOL.

On my second playthrough (nightmare difficulty), I got past first try with almost no struggle. That's fantastic design to discourage just waiting out the Xeno.

Duchess

I loved what I played of it, but thought it outstayed its welcome. There was a logical endpoint for the game.

I remember the first time I saw the xenomorph. It came charging down a corridor at me and I literally (literally!) dropped my PS4 controller in fright.

One evening I played the game, I didn't see the thing for what must've been a good 45 minutes, while I was busy going about doing things. Then the motion sensor started to beep. I panicked and looked around madly for a place to hide, nipped into a locker, and very soon saw the thing walking around outside the room I was in. Seriously terrifying at times.

I thought the game should've ended when Ripley jumped into the space suit to get back to Sevastopol, after jettisoning the module and the alien towards the nearby planet.

Excess

Thoughts on being able to create a survival horror game like this with multiple xenos on Hadleys Hope, prior to the events of the film Aliens?

I'd like to see the Queen make an appearance in a game like this.

Skyfox

Could they just re-release the original please? Ps4 and xbox one version look like catshit on my 4k tv.

Ps5? Series X?

You like money ¥€$?

horkrux

The source lmao

James Cameron’s Aliens was the best follow-up, but he moved the franchise away from horror and into action movie territory.

That’s the main reason why I claim that Aliens is actually a poor Alien sequel, not because it’s a bad movie, but because it does not do the first film justice.

In many ways, I feel like Aliens ruined the Alien franchise because the films after that were desperately trying to blend horror and action, whereas the first film was never really an ‘action’ film.

ok dude XD

One of my biggest personal "hidden gem" and my favourite movie franchise adaptation (before Riddick on OG Xbox). This genius mix of the powerless stealth gameplay, that scary unpredictable AI of the Alien and a nearly perfect representation of the alien universe makes this game almost a classic for me BUT, there are two major problems with this game for me:

It was way too long and had too much boring backtracking. It dragged many times and it felt like a shame in retrospective, because the game didn't need to be that long. Maybe cutting 3-5 hours out would improve the pacing a lot.

Second, the ending was moodwise on point with the first movie, BUT i really wanted a climax. Like sneaking thru a nest while avoiding a queen.

Hopefully disney wont fuck it up...

IC3M@N FX

Neo Member
I hope that this time there will be the possibility to kill aliens, but it should be very difficult, for example with a shotgun and pulse rifle, flamethrower but with a permanent shortage of ammunition that is still forced to hide or sneak past and with more aliens and other variants that hunt you down. A planetary base or mining asteroid station should then be the best location.

Kirazuki_01

Neo Member
I really hope this is true. The first game was fantastic and fully deserves a sequel. The new game coming out looks good as well so maybe we are finally getting a good run of Alien games.

darkangel-212559

Dreamcast Love

It really isn't that hard. If your not being patient and trying to rush then obviously that's your fault. Not the games.

As long as you get the behaviour of The Alien down, take your time and plan ahead it's perfectly doable. Same for the androids.

Hudo

Alien Isolation was one of my surprises of 2014. And it still holds up to this day. Heavily recommended! It even manged to "soften the blow" of Dragon Age Inquisition, which was my biggest disappointment of 2014 and basically killed Dragon Age for me for good.

Arachnid

HOLY FUCK

giphy.gif

The first was true survival horror game we've had since OG Silent Hill. Between this, the SH news more recently, Resident Evil firing on all cyliders, Fatal Frame finally releasing its Japan entries, and Alone in the Dark coming back? I'm in a good place horror wise rn

EDIT: LMAO @ me forgetting this thread I posted tons in and getting to experience the surprised hype again

Last edited:
Did anyone like Alien Isolation? I mean, really like it? It's got a great atmosphere at the start, sure. Once the alien starts creeping around and killing you though, did you really have fun with it? I didn't. Not because I was scared, I got over that after dying many times. Then there's the robot guys start attacking and take a million bullets to take out. It just wasn't fun at all.
Its for sure not a massa game. One of the best atmospheres in a game to date, not crazy shooting nonsense bullshit, slow pacing, real progressing and story.
For me, one of the best horror ever made. Top best games of last gen

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

Banned
Disney?! Ugh i don't wanna see a trans xenomorph with soy sauce instead of acid trying to cancel my ass instead of eating it...
Expect the characters shitting all over capitalism at every second they get. While the films were subtle about it, this one is going to bang your head with a sledgehammer and the writers will think they're being clever.

Didn't realize the original post was from 2021 lol. Here's hoping there's actually been progress made on AI2 in the past 2 years

Katatonic

In preparation, they should release a 60fps unlock patch for the PS4/PS5 version [of the first game]. My old potato POS PC runs it maxed, locked 60 and I believe MS released their own patch for 60 fps on XBOX.

Last edited:
Top Bottom