• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ALIEN: ISOLATION coming to the Switch on 5 December!

SCB3

Ana amazing game for sure, one of the best horror games ever made

But I cannot justify a full price game that's nearly 5 years old just because its portable on lower end tech

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
No, Alien: Isolation 2.
Anything Aliens related is crap and James Cameron's vastly inferior sequel should be avoided.
Watch out fellas we got a hot take here!!!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

ROMhack

Honestly, they should have developed a director's cut. The game has some solid ideas but just isn't very good after the first five hours.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Great port, but going by the few minor dips in that frame rate test video it probably will dip a LOT more in action sequences...

The game was always super well optimized and run beautifully even on my old 7970 but the Switch aint no 7970. Great work!

Edit: wait, it wasn't a 60fps game on ANY of the consoles? Damn then, it's even more impressive how close it appears to PS4!

And in your previous post the guy claimed the performance is stable throughout the whole thing. What black magic is this?!

The one difference I noticed, was lower resolution and lower frame rate character shadows, in one of the cut scenes, sweet.

Last edited:

brian0057

Banned
Common Nintenbros, buy this game like it’s Mario. Maybe such sales will spark a sequel!
I'd love that too but if over two million copies sold on every platform imaginable, including PS3 and 360, didn't change Sega's mind, I doubt another port is gonna do it.

Gargus

Banned
AWESOME!!!!!!!

Now switch gamers can play a game everyone else already beat 5 years ago on systems where it looks and runs a whole lot better and is currently priced on those systems for probably 1/20th of what switch owners will have to pay. Switch owners are so lucky to get inferior versions of old games at jacked up prices.

JimboJones

AWESOME!!!!!!!

Now switch gamers can play a game everyone else already beat 5 years ago on systems where it looks and runs a whole lot better and is currently priced on those systems for probably 1/20th of what switch owners will have to pay. Switch owners are so lucky to get inferior versions of old games at jacked up prices.
chill out man, you don't have to buy it and there is plenty of switch games to choose from.

-Arcadia-

Banned
AWESOME!!!!!!!

Different people have different priorities and experiences, Gargus.

Some people like the addition of handheld play and are willing to settle for solid enough visuals to get it; others rant on message boards about things that don’t affect them.

As someone who always wanted to pick this up for PS4, but never got around to it, this is a cool little release. I agree on pricing for general Switch versions, though.

Shmunter

K. Now I need to ask why Cameron's sequel is "vastly inferior"...
Two very distinct styles of movie. One a slow brooding suspense horror, the other is in the vein of an action blockbuster.

Both highly competent in their arena, both subject to personal preference.

In regards to Isolation, it’s obvious it’s success is rooted in the former.

Meesh

Two very distinct styles of movie. One a slow brooding suspense horror, the other is in the vein of an action blockbuster.

Both highly competent in their arena, both subject to personal preference.

In regards to Isolation, it’s obvious it’s success is rooted in the former.
Exactly. But I wouldn't say either is inferior. Games wise they nailed it with Isolation. It brings us back to Alien and it's slow burn punctuated with heavy doses of horror and paranoia.

It's really a shame Aliens will probably never receive the same love games wise. It's all been kinda shit... sad because it's a fantastic movie in it's own right.

Depending on the mood I'm in I'll watch either happily.

Last edited:
Top Bottom