• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Isolation Devs Reveal New Sci-Fi Heist Game, Hyenas

Greirat

Wow, this looks terrible. How do you go from one of the most authentic games ever made to this corporate trend chasing junk? No thanks.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Someone explain this to me...

Halo Infinite multiplayer launches with arena and BtB. Everyone's panties wet.

Hyenas multiplayer trying to do something completely original and it's "soulless"?

Explain this to me. I do not understand your culture.

Kazza

Imagine how amazing a Terminator: Isolation game by this team would be, where you have to run/hide from the terminators in 80s/90s LA:

IdealisticMealyGreathornedowl-max-1mb.gif

LongMellowChafer-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
It ain't no Isolation and I'm no fan of trendy shit, but it does seem kinda solid to me.

Last edited:

Dane

Hyenas multiplayer trying to do something completely original and it's "soulless"?

What are you even talking about? Halo is an arena shooter and it was released with missing components. Hyenas problem is that the artstyle was reacted negatively everywhere, cel shaded lives and die for based on its art direction, technical is not the focus. Realistic graphics uses photographs for asset creation, from modelling to texture editing or reference to replicate its details, while cel shaded uses them as an art reference.

I've played Bleeding Edge, its not a bad game per se, its indeed a 7/10 at best as it was reviewed, there's an effort there, but the characters were not appealing to anyone, look at the most successful games in this style out there.

Majormaxxx

Yet some developers don't end up chasing the latest trend. I guess they're just dumb.
Probably depends on the financial situation. I like single player games for what it's worth,as well as the rare mp title from naughty Dog. But kids play way more games than adults. And kids prefer this.

VN1X

Banned

It's just their programmed responses. Forgive them.

I mean it might well end up as a total shitfest but to instantly disregard an interesting multiplayer concept based on sheer entitlement issues is hilarious to me. "WHY DONT THEY MAKE THE GAME I WANT?!" they cry out. I love Alien as much as the next guy (probably more so if I look behind me with my cabinet full of Alien merch and books) but if CA want to get their feet wet in the multiplayer space I'm all for it.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
It's just their programmed responses. Forgive them.

I mean it might well end up as a total shitfest but to instantly disregard an interesting multiplayer concept based on sheer entitlement issues is hilarious to me. "WHY DONT THEY MAKE THE GAME I WANT?!" they cry out. I love Alien as much as the next guy (probably more so if I look behind me with my cabinet full of Alien merch and books) but if CA want to get their feet wet in the multiplayer space I'm all for it.

I won't forgive them. I will wage war on the casuals until they understand gameplay is what matters.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.png

Chasing those sweet microtransactions... Honestly, the game could be a lot of fun and I don't mind the art style. Just weird coming off the success of Alien Isolation and people wanting a sequel.

Top Bottom