• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien: Rogue Incursion Dev Wants You to Rip the VR Headset Off in Terror

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Alien: Rogue Incursion is the classic horror franchise's first game built from the ground up for virtual reality. Developer Survios stopped by IGN Live to share how the iconic Xenomorphs will hunt players down in VR, thanks to unique pathing that makes their movements entirely unpredictable. Plus, Survios shares its ultimate goal with Rogue Incursion: To make players rip their VR headset off out of sheer terror.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m down. I love a good scary VR game

I remember having a moment in RE7 VR where…
you enter the little girl’s room, after that ball mysteriously rolls across the floor. Then out of nowhere all the lights go out and the ambient sound stops, to the point where I thought my headset maybe died or got unplugged. And like 3 eternal seconds later this little girl just whispers “STAY. AWAY.” right in your ear.

And I just instantly took the headset off and said out loud “You got it! Don’t have to tell me twice” and I didn’t come back to the game for like 2 weeks. 😂 It was so awesome.

Last edited:
Just need a ride on the Jeff elevator.
But with aliens.

I’ve played a bunch of vr make you jump games but none have given me as much anxiety as the Jeff level from Half Life Alyx.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I think this game is going to surprise people with how good it is. Survio made Westworld: Awakening for VR, and it nailed the show's atmosphere but with the horror ramped up significantly. They can do Alien right.

SNPlayen

I’m down. I love a good scary VR game

I remember having a moment in RE7 VR where…
you enter the little girl’s room, after that ball mysteriously rolls across the floor. Then out of nowhere all the lights go out and the ambient sound stops, to the point where I thought my headset maybe died or got unplugged. And like 3 eternal seconds later this little girl just whispers “STAY. AWAY.” right in your ear.

And I just instantly took the headset off and said out loud “You got it! Don’t have to tell me twice” and I didn’t come back to the game for like 2 weeks. 😂 It was so awesome.
Dead set the scariest moment I have had in gaming and life! I wasted so much flame thrower ammo just spraying it everywhere just like bill paxton in Aliens.

Robb

Gold Member
I can barely play horror games in “2D”. This would probably give me a heart attack.
shock-old-lady.gif

Top Bottom