• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Well Aliens haven't left proof of existing on our planet in millions of years. So it would have to come from us observing them from far away, but then it wont be a true confirmation, most likely a guess or a high chance. So I don't think so sadly.

Not even the possibility of finding bacterial life in our own system, maybe on Europa or Titan for example?

Ballthyrm

Serious question.

Does anybody think that you'll get confirmation of extraterrestrial life in your lifetime? Doesn't even have to be intelligent life either, just life that lives on another planet/moon.

Yes, probably not something sexy though. Like an oxygen atmosphere in an exoplanet.
We have plenty of telescope planned and being built right now that will be able to scan exoplanet atmosphere.

So I would give it 15-20 years.
No little green men though.

DrAspirino

Banned
Yes, probably not something sexy though. Like an oxygen atmosphere in an exoplanet.
We have plenty of telescope planned and being built right now that will be able to scan exoplanet atmosphere.

So I would give it 15-20 years.
No little green men though.
Same camp here. The most that we're going to hear is about some crazy anaerobic bacteria living in a jupiter moon or in mars.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Guess so. It would be cool, but it wouldn't phase most people I think.

There isn't lot that would excite a majority of the general public, but I'm pretty sure the confirmation of alien life would get huge international attention. It'll prove that we're not alone in the universe, and if there is other life in our own system, then that would mean the galaxy and universe is possibly absolutely teeming with life.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
There isn't lot that would excite a majority of the general public, but I'm pretty sure the confirmation of alien life would get huge international attention. It'll prove that we're not alone in the universe, and if there is other life in our own system, then that would mean the galaxy and universe is possibly absolutely teeming with life.

Bacteria have dna right? I guess that would be exciting. But still, it wont get us closer to seeing actual intelligent aliens.

marcusessmith84

Neo Member
Personally believe that there are definitely other civilizations in the universe besides us. If they haven't found us yet, they may not be that technologically advanced. Maybe they are afraid of meeting with us as we are with them.

Last one could be a cgi edit I can agree but looks like some of the ufos witnessed. It is rumored that its was on the way to a meeting with the galactic federation that supposedly exists.

Screenshot-20220129-233351-01.jpg
Screenshot-20220129-233435-01.jpg

Listen live on Sunday, January 30th at 10pm Pacific Time.

Last edited:

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

It's most surely fanfiction but I do believe, well, I'll say it's logical it's based on a parallel truth regarding our origins and the reality of having to deal with the (hurts me to have to say this because ofcourse ) existence of intelligent extra terrestrial life (that has existed in timeframes we cannot even begin to measure it's scale and with that their level of understanding of social, cultural, technological and spiritual development leading to a state of consciousness ie a let's say moral and philosophical core approach to all that is and can or can't be) that's inherently of importance for our Earth based humans to know of indepth in order for our evolution (in lots of aspects) It'll only make full disclosure harder to swallow when it's tainted by these means.

I feel they deem it necessary to present (sub)neutral information in an entertainment context seeing as that's the default way to acces most of our minds; injecting information in a way it's accesible for most. There is validity in that approach but it's a double edged sword. Their core intention is to plant seeds of possibility but at same time taps into market which is thirsty for awnsers. The irony; to inform and thus free humankind of the lies and spell it's under they choose to use the same tactics as the Evil it's fighting against

I guess it amplifies the severity and succes (the way they subconsciously and subtlety manipulate spanning generations at least) our indoctrination holds over us. And who can blame their selves operating within a narrative when one doesn't know it has been born within one. As did their parents and their parents and so forth

And personally I don't blame them. Seeing people doubt extra terrestrial (off Earth) consciousness (life, culture, etc) on it's own is mindblowing, depressing and all in all disheartening..

Larry David No GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

At least it's great SciFi

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
I just listened to this, the old guy on it was pretty interesting and good stories

Mystery-Plane-Area-51-hangar.jpg

Am I missing something here? It's what looks to be some sort of delta winged aircraft, you see that and think "tech is looking more alien every day"? Haha based on what? A blurry satellite image?

Delta winged aircraft have been around since the late 40's.
There’s concept images within the article of what it looks like. Did you look at the article?

Last edited:
There’s concept images within the article of what it looks like. Did you look at the article?

Yeah, and nothing in the article looked alien. They looked like a natural progression of delta wing technology. Even the ngad concept images or the wz-8 look like a natural progression of technology we've had for decades. The delta wing, tailless, b2 has been around for decades for example.

I dunno, there's just nothing "alien" looking about a blurry delta wing object on a runway to me I guess.

ultrazilla

Yeah it's "Slapped Ham" but this footage looked pretty interesting.

At 28:50 of the video, you see what appears to be a alien/cryptid looking out from behind some shelving unit. Now these videos are a dime a dozen
but I get the feeling this might be authentic. The way the thing moves seems natural. What would it be doing in a warehouse? Who the hell knows?
Teleported there? Came in through a door that was open during the night?

Anyways, here's the video:

noonjam

One day after Chris’s article appeared, an Air Force officer contacted me regarding UAPs. The timing was purely coincidental; it was in response to my inquiry regarding a UAP event that supposedly occurred in late 2021 and involved the USS Kearsarge. During our conversation, the officer described a briefing he had attended in May 2021 preceding a planned exercise.

During the briefing, he and the other personnel observed a slide presentation that explained what to do if they encountered a UAP. They were clearly instructed to complete the Air Force reporting form, which has drawn-shapes of several different types of UAP they could encounter (plasma-like balls, tic-tacs, disks, etc.). It also featured specific questions, such as whether the UAP interfered with their radar operation. This was all new, the officer pointed out, something that would not have occurred 18 months ago. He found the stigma associated with this subject in the Air Force had significantly changed.

Romulus

The Air Force has been tracking objects in space for decades at Norad. They might have the smoking gun info that's simply undeniable. In this case, I would wager this info would be more difficult to extract because it deals with human psychology. Fairly easy to dismiss everything at this point as "china drones" to the normal person along with some misinformation and muddying the waters. But, if you come out and say you have lots of concrete evidence that objects were moving at hundreds of thousands of miles per hour in and out of the atmosphere, zipping to the moon and back in the 1960s, what excuse do we use then to preserve the frail human psyche? Russian Drones from the 60s? SR-71 special edition? Nazi secret tech? You have to give certain people a logical out so they can function, and no explanation would make sense for that.

Last edited:
Yeah it's "Slapped Ham" but this footage looked pretty interesting.

At 28:50 of the video, you see what appears to be a alien/cryptid looking out from behind some shelving unit. Now these videos are a dime a dozen
but I get the feeling this might be authentic. The way the thing moves seems natural. What would it be doing in a warehouse? Who the hell knows?
Teleported there? Came in through a door that was open during the night?

Anyways, here's the video:

Sir, this is a dead serious thread dedicated to only the most serious of alien ufo information and videos. Enough with your trolling.

DrAspirino

Banned
The Air Force has been tracking objects in space for decades at Norad. They might have the smoking gun info that's simply undeniable. In this case, I would wager this info would be more difficult to extract because it deals with human psychology. Fairly easy to dismiss everything at this point as "china drones" to the normal person along with some misinformation and muddying the waters. But, if you come out and say you have lots of concrete evidence that objects were moving at hundreds of thousands of miles per hour in and out of the atmosphere, zipping to the moon and back in the 1960s, what excuse do we use then to preserve the frail human psyche? Russian Drones from the 60s? SR-71 special edition? Nazi secret tech? You have to give certain people a logical out so they can function, and no explanation would make sense for that.
Maybe because logical explanations are often the correct ones?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
With everyone having a phone with a high megapixel digital camera, why have there been zero CLEAR videos or pictures. I mean it's 2022 and we still get potato video and pictures. When there IS something of note, photoshop and CGI is so advanced now it's impossible to know if it may be real. I have a feeling we will never see actual UFO photos or videos ever.

With everyone having a phone with a high megapixel digital camera, why have there been zero CLEAR videos or pictures. I mean it's 2022 and we still get potato video and pictures. When there IS something of note, photoshop and CGI is so advanced now it's impossible to know if it may be real. I have a feeling we will never see actual UFO photos or videos ever.

I shall refer you to the post above yours by the esteemed DrAspirino DrAspirino

Last edited:

Romulus

I would hope we can make sense of most of those. There are thousands of unknowns. Sure most are, or probably near all are explanable. Human 'logic' we base our principles on is very much a work in progress. Even on a basic level of physics. Experts in their scientific fields are quick to tell you they have no idea how many things work, particularly when it comes to understanding things outside Earth. For me, thats an extremely limited line of thinking to put stock in our understanding of anything when we literally just discovered gravity has waves lmao, a basic pillar of the universe. We're deaf, blind, dumb, but also incredibly arrogant.

Last edited:

DrAspirino

Banned
I would hope we can make sense of most of those. There are thousands of unknowns. Sure most are, or probably near all are explanable. But you do realize human 'logic' we base our principles on is very much a work in progress? Even on a basic level pf physics. Even experts in their scientific fields are quick to tell you they have no idea how many things work, particularly when it comes to understanding things outside Earth. For me, thats an extremely limited line of thinking to put stock in our understanding of anything when we literally just discovered gravity has waves lmao, a basic pillar of the universe. We're deaf, blind, dumb, but also incredibly arrogant.
Good news is that we now have the tools to actually learn and not "believe" in whatever at face value (or invent incredibly convoluted explanations): it's called "scientific method".

And take it from me, a guy who's entire profession (Pharmacist) up to the 17th century (or so) was based almost entirely on witchcraft, miracles, secret potions and alchemy altogether.

As I said before, logic dictates that the most likely solution or answer, ruling out the impossible, is the simplest one. What once was known as spells, later became preparing solutions. What once was known as "element" (like water), then became a compound (H2O). All of that was possible by following the scientific method.

So, what once was called a UFO (in the 80s I believe), we later knew it was the B-2 stealth aircraft the USAF was developing. What some people thought were UFOs, were actually SpaceX satellites. So... maybe UFOs are actually us in a time machine? other civilizations? spy drones? who knows... but until now, the best possible explanation we have is that those are man-made machines (since evidence over time has suggested that, when you rule out the impossible).

Romulus

Good news is that we now have the tools to actually learn and not "believe" in whatever at face value (or invent incredibly convoluted explanations): it's called "scientific method".

And take it from me, a guy who's entire profession (Pharmacist) up to the 17th century (or so) was based almost entirely on witchcraft, miracles, secret potions and alchemy altogether.

As I said before, logic dictates that the most likely solution or answer, ruling out the impossible, is the simplest one. What once was known as spells, later became preparing solutions. What once was known as "element" (like water), then became a compound (H2O). All of that was possible by following the scientific method.

So, what once was called a UFO (in the 80s I believe), we later knew it was the B-2 stealth aircraft the USAF was developing. What some people thought were UFOs, were actually SpaceX satellites. So... maybe UFOs are actually us in a time machine? other civilizations? spy drones? who knows... but until now, the best possible explanation we have is that those are man-made machines (since evidence over time has suggested that, when you rule out the impossible).

I mean your b2 example is pretty low tier in terms of what its doing. It moved just like every other plane in history.
When you talk about the cream of the cases, youre talking multiple sources of intelligence on the same object, radar, sonar, pilot visuals. Now something is there that can plunge undeewater and hypersonic. How is its performance so beyond our understanding of physics? China drone? Not impossible. But the b2 did exactly what ww2 plans did, other than looking cool. Stealth was new tech but definitely not the jump we expected. The reason newer info is interesting is that we're getting alot of exciting data that something colossal has happened in human tech.
Yet somehow they were also doing it in the 1940s ww2. Which makes no sense, you got prop planes but these objects were zipping around them seemingly unaffected by gravity. All sides of the war reported this.

Last edited:

I have a Galaxy S9. Remember that very bright moon we had over the news several years back in 2019? I took pictures of that as my mother and I watched it from the backyard on that phone. And the pictures are absolute shit. A bright blob was the best that a S9 could do. Not to mention holding it by hand and your hand either doesn't stay still causing the lens to adjust it's focus every so often and pictures are even more blurred or heaven forbid you have it completely zoomed so one small motion looks like a massive jerk to the camera.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I have a Galaxy S9. Remember that very bright moon we had over the news several years back in 2019? I took pictures of that as my mother and I watched it from the backyard on that phone. And the pictures are absolute shit. A bright blob was the best that a S9 could do. Not to mention holding it by hand and your hand either doesn't stay still causing the lens to adjust it's focus every so often and pictures are even more blurred or heaven forbid you have it completely zoomed so one small motion looks like a massive jerk to the camera.
Yeah, night might be a lot tougher but day videos and pictures should be easy

noonjam

cellphones are not designed to take pictures like that.

Something like a P1000 would stand a better chance but then you'd need whatever the object is to hold still, and the time to setup a good tripod with it.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Imagine being someone who's validation regarding, well, the mere possibility (intelligent ( extra terrestrial" life is a possibility and said "proof" (lmao) depends on the image quality of a video or image capture of a UFO which very well be earth based.. Imagine being so simple. .. =/ Then again who can blame us? I'm tired. Let's roll with the consensus, right?

All these pesky anomalies that don't adhere to the current scientific, ideological narrative are explained away and who has the time, way and time/social+financial room to bring said anomalies to the forefront knowing their energy is wasted on a tired unhappy world living day to day by design

Last edited:

The s9 is what, four years old now? The s9 camera is wack compared to what's out there now. Here is a pic I took of the moon just last night with my s21 ultra...

20220208-174858.jpg

This is using just the regular photo portion of the camera app, saved to jpg, no touch ups or anything. I am confident I could squeeze much more quality out of it if I had used the pro camera with access to all sorts of camera settings, saved it as raw and edited it in photoshop. The tech is there for better images than the 1980's vhs tier ufo shit we see most often these days.

Thanks, I'm incredibly fascinated with space, the moon, planets, nebula etc. Astrophotography has become an obsession, though it's been months since I've had the chance to image anything thanks to weather.

Here's the moon from last summer during the wildfires, the sky was incredibly hazy so I lost detail and sharpness but I couldn't resist imaging it considering how cool it looked with the red hue. I took this with a Canon t3i and a small refractor.

moonfinal-1.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom