• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Announce Trailer (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Steam)

A couple of buddies and I have been playing this 3 way coop and it's pretty damned fun TBH. The simplicity but teamwork required and loadouts are driving a solid experience for us. Thanks Gamepass, another game I would not have purchased that we're enjoying plenty together.

The atmosphere and audio is pretty spot on. The aiming is decent enough and we've not experienced any dropouts or terrible server connections, it's been a pretty solid experience. It's not a game to set the world on fire, but it's fun to sandbox a TPS in a fitting Aliens setting with some guns and enemies from the movies.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Are there new campaigns and maps for this yet or just more cosmetics, modes on old maps, and guns slightly different than exisiting weapons?

So much fun, the setup here, the different enemies and coming from sides, middle, walls, roof structures while your team manage personal aim and overlapping sightlines until a crescendo of your own consumables and perks. Good stuff, especially the last 1.30mins.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Game was fun but mediocre.

All the missions were super easy on normal solo until the very last one. had to down the difficulty on that one.

Sad theres not much replayability in it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Game was fun but mediocre.

All the missions were super easy on normal solo until the very last one. had to down the difficulty on that one.

Sad theres not much replayability in it.
Agree, as a solo player even the 15 or so missions get stale after a while. I wish there was more way to tweak the AI buddies. I don't really need 10 pistol variants, I'd rather set up my AI as gunner, healer, etc. Still want a random layout/random enemy "Sweep and clear" mode rather than the "hold the line" horde mode. Maybe they have that by now, been a while since I've spun it up.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

ALIENS: FIRETEAM ELITE - PATHOGEN​

You asked for new missions. You asked for new enemies. You asked for a shot at a Queen.
Well, be careful what you wish for, Marines.
The Pathogen hive is here, and the swarm is angry. Get your Fireteam and get ready for more gear, more enemies, and more action. Delve deep into a new campaign that will pit you against the first boss fight of Aliens: Fireteam Elite - The Pathogen Queen.
See what mysteries the Pathogen update holds with more details below!

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - Pathogen is scheduled to be available by 10 am PT on August 30th, 2022
Note: Platform availability times may vary.
This update includes the paid Pathogen Expansion for Aliens: Fireteam Elite.
We have made the following changes:
Available immediately for those who own the Pathogen Expansion DLC:

NEW CAMPAIGN:​

Delve deeper and fight together for survival against a new Xenomorph threat in this new 3 Mission Campaign.
Two (2) new Kit Skins
  • Expedition Suit Mk. 2
  • Pala Lab Coat
Nine (9) new Weapon Colors
  • Forge
  • Racer Drift Blue
  • Racer Cherry Red
  • Racer Gold Rush
  • Racer Envy
  • Floral Gothic
  • Surfaced Olive
  • Surfaced Sand
  • Surfaced Shadow
Four (4) new Weapon Decals
  • Comic Bang
  • Elite Stripe
  • Great Wave
  • Friendly Fire
Four (4) new Emotes
  • Dance - Robot
  • Fishing
  • Get Out
  • Headbang
Four (4) new Head Accessories
  • Gaiter Mask
  • Earflap Beanie
  • Shepherd Glasses - Clear
  • Expedition Helmet Mk. 2
Misc
  • Mission Cards (3): 1
  • Consumables (3): 1
  • Credit Pack: 12,000 Requisition Credits, 750 Rep Scrip
Available through Mission and Campaign Completion:
Four (4) new Weapons:
  • LEM StG24 Storm Rifle (Complete Promise of a Flower: Scout)
  • Thunderbolt Mk.2 Autocannon (Complete Promise of a Flower: Approach)
  • EDS-93 Zadak Plasma Discharger (Complete Promise of a Flower: Strike)
  • U1A2 GL Conversion (random drop for completing the Promise of a Flower mission on Intense+ difficulty)
Seven (7) new Perks: (one for each Class Kit - awarded for completing the entire Promise of a Flower Campaign.)
  • Gunner: Mini-Grenades
  • Demo: Precision Rockets
  • Tech: Particle Turret
  • Doc: Field Station
  • Phalanx: Shock Ordnance
  • Recon: Best Friend
  • Lancer: Particle Pulse
One (1) new Weapon Decal:
  • Hive Hunter - (awarded for completing the entire Promise of a Flower Campaign.)
Available from Park’s Armory:
Four (4) new Weapons:
  • 2B1 Vajra
  • 4C2 Astra
  • 6A Jaipur Submachine Gun
  • 8A7 Dambulla Machine Pistol
Five (5) new Weapon Colors:
  • Alphatech Khaki
  • UPP Pattern Ulm
  • UPP Pattern Fulda
  • UPP Pattern Kassel
  • UPP Pattern Kiel
Thirteen (13) New Attachments:
  • C36B5 Karachi Overwatch
  • C32D6 Nagpur Shroud
  • C34F3 Hamsa Null Compensator
  • T23A8 Khulna MDS
  • T24C6 Sylhet Stalker
  • T27A Jaffna N-SITE
  • M12E1 Patna LiteMag
  • M17C2 Kolkata Eviscerator
  • M13F2 Basra XPRES
  • LFN Reverberator
  • Alignment Module
  • Lightweight Induction Coils
  • H105D7 Gada Executioner Harness
One (1) new Head Accessory:
  • Alphatech Cap
Two (2) new Weapon Decals:
  • Signal Trace
  • Alphatech Logo
Two (2) new Emotes:
  • So Done
  • Pose - Aim
Available from Hidden Caches in the new Campaign:
Seven (7) new Weapon Colors:
  • Metallic Fade Amber
  • Metallic Fade Citrine
  • Metallic Fade Amethyst
  • Metallic Fade Sapphire
  • Metallic Fade Aquamarine
  • Metallic Fade Emerald
One (1) new Head Accessory:
  • Backwards Cap & Shades
    Three (3) Weapon Decals:
  • FUBAR
  • Behavioral Inhibitor
  • Pastoral
Four (4) new Emotes:
  • Not A Chance
  • That's Nuts
  • Winded
  • Spirit Squad

MiguelItUp

I'm glad this game got as much attention as it did. For a budgeted AA project with a small dev budget, and I think what they did, with what they had, was pretty damn solid. The core game is great, they really did a good job with it. I just wish there was more. It's a shame that we got a game like this, and it doesn't have L4D style multiplayer. It would've been really sick.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

We have made the following changes:

WEAPONS & ATTACHMENTS​

• The C34F3 Hamsa Null Compensator attachment now works as intended with projectile-based weapons.

AUDIO​

• PATHOGEN: Fixed an issue with some of Esther's intel dialogue.
  • Fixed an issue with charge guns (such as the P.649 HEL) that could cause their audio and vfx to stay active forever when attempting to fire them without enough ammo.

CHALLENGE CARDS​

• PATHOGEN: The "Maybe We Got 'Em Demoralized" Challenge Card now affects Brutes as intended.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Stuck Magazine" Challenge Card where players were unable to shoot their gun, reload, or swap weapons if they had less than the minimum amount of ammo required for a charge in their clip.

CLASS KITS, ABILITIES, & PERKS​

• RECON: The heal bonus from the "Adrenaline Rush" Perk will now apply to the entire team.
  • Fixed an issue with the fit of the Feminine Classic Elite costume.

ENEMIES​

• PATHOGEN: Mutated Runners, Pathogen Blights, and the Pathogen Queen from the Pathogen DLC now count towards progress for Pathogen specific TacOps.

MODES​

• HARDCORE: Fixed an issue where Hardcore characters were not correctly ended following a complete team failure in Point Defense.
  • PRESTIGE: Fixed an issue where Prestige Mode was not unlocking properly on first login for Hardcore characters if a Standard character had already unlocked it.

MATCHMAKING​

• Fixed an issue where players would occasionally be unable to lock their matchmaking group after abandoning a mission.
  • Fixed an issue where invalid profiles on a player's block list could prevent them from playing online.

UI​

• Fixed an issue where sometimes players were unable to see their teammate's Prestige Rank.
  • Fixed an issue where player names with three or less characters were not displaying properly.

GENERAL​

• Fixed an issue where certain melee attacks triggered a camera shake effect for the mission host.
  • Fixed an issue where a player could lose the ability to swap weapons if they were swapping weapons while in the process of being downed.
  • General fixes addressing some crashes on all platforms.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Which has the better/more active playerbase? PC, Xbox, or PS? I am leaning towards PC for the possibility of mod content, but not sure if the playerabase will remain active. I know quite a few MP games tend to die off quickly on PC these days.

Honestly, I played the game shortly after it arrived on game pass so there was a lot of new user base active in the game at that time, but I haven't revisited in months so I can't say for sure if it's still as popular.

But you can also solo the game if you want to .

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This filming model of the UD-4 "Cheyenne" Dropship from James Cameron's Aliens may technically be a miniature, but it's a massive ship model with some wonderful details. Adam and Propstore's Stephen Lane walk around the model and check out the cockpit, surface textures, and techniques the modelmakers used to give this vehicle its distinct shape.

jason10mm

Gold Member
If we are just talking Aliens shit now, I just got the Hasbro nerf pulse rifle. It's a goofy color scheme that I gotta fix but I'd be lying if spooling up that motor and cranking out 10 nerf darts to a (somewhat muted) braap braap pulse gun sound wasn't FUCKING AWESOME!

MiguelItUp

If we are just talking Aliens shit now, I just got the Hasbro nerf pulse rifle. It's a goofy color scheme that I gotta fix but I'd be lying if spooling up that motor and cranking out 10 nerf darts to a (somewhat muted) braap braap pulse gun sound wasn't FUCKING AWESOME!
I got one too! Haha. I actually plan on painting it and modding it a bit. It's so good!

Drizzlehell

Banned
People still play this? I remember reinstalling it on my PS5 about a year after it came out and spent about 30 minutes in the lobby, waiting for someone to join my game but ultimately gave up.

Which saddened me a bit, because I enjoyed this game it when it came out. It was funny because lobbies were full of geezers who always had their mic on and were geeking out about the movies. Warmed my heart to see that the target audience for it was basically a bunch of old farts like me who only cared to play the game because we love those old-ass movies, lol.

Last edited:

John Bilbo

People still play this? I remember reinstalling it on my PS5 about a year after it came out and spent about 30 minutes in the lobby, waiting for someone to join my game but ultimately gave up.

Which saddened me a bit, because I enjoyed this game it when it came out. It was funny because lobbies were full of geezers who always had their mic on and were geeking out about the movies. Warmed my heart to see that the target audience for it was basically a bunch of old farts like me who only cared to play the game because we love those old-ass movies, lol.
It was a good game. Shame it didn't get much support from the devs after launch. I liked the horde mode, but if I recall correctly, there was only one level on that mode.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It’s time for a new adventure – one with limited time rewards that delves deep into a place our marines know all too well. Reports are that there's a leak in Katanga's cisterns and we need a Fireteam to clear out the Xenomorphs and help with the repairs.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

It’s been an incredible year and we’re so thankful to have been able to share this game with all of you. We’ll be back in the new year with new announcements and new opportunities to squelch the Xenomorph scourge.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite is available on Steam, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PlayStation4, and PlayStation5.

Totally forgot about this DLC. Nice work team, great follow up content. I'd love to see another update or a sequel mix in some dynamic mission parts for geo/paths and enemies/AI etc. Keep the set pieces this game does really well already but also bring in some dynamic engine elements between traversing to those "fixed setups" so the replayability is there. 3-way coop is blast with this game, gonna get the boys back to play the new hotness.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

This patch is scheduled to be available by 10 am PT on February 7, 2023

Note: Platform availability times may vary.

BUG FIXES​

WEAPONS & ATTACHMENTS​

• Fixed a bug that would cause the Smartgun to sometimes fail to fire when it had a valid target.

ACCESSIBILITY​

• Added a setting that enables players to toggle the 'failed to target' audio of the Smartgun off and on.

AI​

• Fixed an issue where Xenomorphs would frequently get stuck on walls.

GENERAL​

• Fixed various crashes.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I've dropped off this game for a bit, is there any major mission updates? Anything really novel like piloting an exosuit or getting to see some predators?

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

or getting to see some predators?
Am4Ej6j.gif

I would love to play this game again, but I ran into a bug that literally won’t let me progress to the next level, even after beating it multiple times.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I'm glad to see that this game is actually still going. I was worried for a while because when I tried to revisit it almost a year after the release (but still before the first major expansion came out), it was so dead that I couldn't find any active players to play with.

For what it is, I think it's a pretty solid shooter with lots of fan service and love for the source material. I'm a huge Alien fan and I had a great time with it, especially when I was joined by two other players who were on the mic and were nerding off about the movies. Good community. Positive vibes.

Dr.Morris79

I'm glad to see that this game is actually still going. I was worried for a while because when I tried to revisit it almost a year after the release (but still before the first major expansion came out), it was so dead that I couldn't find any active players to play with.

For what it is, I think it's a pretty solid shooter with lots of fan service and love for the source material. I'm a huge Alien fan and I had a great time with it, especially when I was joined by two other players who were on the mic and were nerding off about the movies. Good community. Positive vibes.
It's good at what it does I just wish it would have random spawning of Aliens on the maps. That to me brings this game down like a lead baloon

Do a section, kill aliens in set spawns
Use the health pack
Pick up health pack in that section
Go to next section
Rinse repeat, the whole game.

Zero exploration doesnt help either.

Top Bottom