• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens: Fireteam Elite - PS5 4K 60FPS Gameplay

rubhen925

Got a chance to check out the game early thanks to the publisher. Got some things to say about this one. Mostly not good but here's some info:

- install size on PS5 is 14.09GB
- PR confirms the game runs at 4K 60FPS.
- No in game HDR. Just using PS5 HDR settings.
- I played both in coop and solo. In Solo i didn't notice any drops. In coop though, during moments where there are tons of enemies there were drops. This could be attributed to lag as well, but that's another story.
- Game has 3 player coop. Weird because there are 4 classes. If you are playing solo, the game fills the rest of the team with bots. Worthless imo. They do almost nothing. Garbage AI. If you're getting this, get a team or don't bother.
- There is matchmaking so i guess you can fill it that way
- There are 4 chapters and each chapter has 3 mission.
- 3 enemy Classes, Xenomorphs, Synths, & Pathogen Mutations. Each class has a couple variations. Normal enemies, and heavies.
- NO BOSSES. All you fight are waves of enemies, and heavies. Even final sections is 4 huge waves and run to exit
- Chapter 1 map and Chapter 4 map are recycled. Same with Chapter 2 and 3 maps. They just looks slightly different due to color differences.
- Classes cannot use different guns. Meaning you can only use a handgun and shotgun/burst rifle for a Technician etc. I spent 5 hours farming credits and bought a rocket launcher. Can't use it on my class. This system is absurd.
- You're looking at 20 - 30 mins per mission. Can be beaten in 4-6 hours.
- The game has a huge issue in coop. Drops player connection a lot. If you notice lag, guess what you just lost a player.
- basic rundown of the game for each mission. Enter room. Fight a wave or two. Move onto next room which might have a switch. Fight more waves. Rinse and repeat. Got repetitive after mission 2.

That's pretty much it for now. If there's anything else I'll mention it. Cheers.

PS5 4K 60FPS gameplay:

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Cheers for the information mate, sad its not great but sounds like could be a good base there at least and it could be improved. That class weapons issues sounds ass though and 20-30 mins per mission is a bit much imo.

Apologies if you already know but don't apply HDR to SDR games, set it to "on when supported" because depending on your TV model it will look anywhere from slightly to a lot worse and will introduce different problems if you have an OLED.

Karak

Got a chance to check out the game early thanks to the publisher. Got some things to say about this one. Mostly not good but here's some info:

- install size on PS5 is 14.09GB
- PR confirms the game runs at 4K 60FPS.
- No in game HDR. Just using PS5 HDR settings.
- I played both in coop and solo. In Solo i didn't notice any drops. In coop though, during moments where there are tons of enemies there were drops. This could be attributed to lag as well, but that's another story.
- Game has 3 player coop. Weird because there are 4 classes. If you are playing solo, the game fills the rest of the team with bots. Worthless imo. They do almost nothing. Garbage AI. If you're getting this, get a team or don't bother.
- There is matchmaking so i guess you can fill it that way
- There are 4 chapters and each chapter has 3 mission.
- 3 enemy Classes, Xenomorphs, Synths, & Pathogen Mutations. Each class has a couple variations. Normal enemies, and heavies.
- NO BOSSES. All you fight are waves of enemies, and heavies. Even final sections is 4 huge waves and run to exit
- Chapter 1 map and Chapter 4 map are recycled. Same with Chapter 2 and 3 maps. They just looks slightly different due to color differences.
- Classes cannot use different guns. Meaning you can only use a handgun and shotgun/burst rifle for a Technician etc. I spent 5 hours farming credits and bought a rocket launcher. Can't use it on my class. This system is absurd.
- You're looking at 20 - 30 mins per mission. Can be beaten in 4-6 hours.
- The game has a huge issue in coop. Drops player connection a lot. If you notice lag, guess what you just lost a player.
- basic rundown of the game for each mission. Enter room. Fight a wave or two. Move onto next room which might have a switch. Fight more waves. Rinse and repeat. Got repetitive after mission 2.

That's pretty much it for now. If there's anything else I'll mention it. Cheers.

PS5 4K 60FPS gameplay:

They are using a 3x4 system for characters and classes to create a deficit of skills/abilities in every battle requiring you to adjust. It's sort of a thing now in a lot of game development with odd numbers so that you can't go to a room and do n,e,s,w at a room covering all exits.
I do know why so many have issues with it for sure. It can work great if done right but as some others are starting to bring up or notice as they play, the flexibility isn't there to make it feel like the gap is enjoyable to plan for.
While there are no bosses, and the ending is...a fucking kick in the guts, there are the special aliens you do face in groups.

Would you say Aliens or the Scottish are more terrifying?
fat bastard yes sir GIF

I'll take a chest burster over a fat Scottish man eating my babies any day.

Calverz

People need to understand that this is more like a poor mans gears than a l4d clone. But I still enjoy it as I love aliens

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Its PvE.

Dont know why you gotta be so competitive. Controller is fine.

Looks average, as I imagined.

Damn I want Alien Isolation 2 so bad
It's not about being competitive or not. It´s about using the best controller method to have the best experience with less possible compromisses...

PaNaMa

Banned
I don't think the choice to go 3rd person was a good one. Aliens is really about atmosphere, isn't it? Dark, quiet, slowly building dread through audio queues and shadow, then surprise motherfucker by the time you have a visual they are already on you...leading then panic, adrenaline, and chaos.
From what I see, they failed to nail down those feeling in this game play anyways. I see way too brightly lit rooms and hallways, like I'm on the Enterprise. It feels wrong. And the third person I guess with the camera pulled way back just takes me out of it.

I'll still give it a try on xbox. Just not a great first impression here for me

Top Bottom