• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Same here I've mainly enjoyed most of their output.
Yep except for the last assassins creed, this one didn't click wiith me and they also have made weird decisions (skull and bones, where is Splinter cell and that roller game) but other than that I don't get the bashing they receive

kyliethicc

QhZ9u39.gif
Fuck

Gone

Banned
Great selection for people who haven't played a lot of playstation games in the past few years.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
ABSOLUTELY CRAZY VALUE! It leaves every other subscription service in the dust. My god! The amount of masterpieces is staggering, even full-price $70 games are there. Demons Souls after all the hype for Elden Ring?

I'm totally shocked 😲

Last edited:

tommib

For what it’s worth I consider Ubisoft games to be the absolute worst. I can see many above are like “finally Ubisoft getting the respect they deserve”. They don’t have mine. They make generic multimillion dollar productions made by thousands and without a singular vision, designed by committee for focus testing. The worst kind of fast food.

For what it’s worth I consider Ubisoft games to be the absolute worst. I can see many above are like “finally Ubisoft getting the respect they deserve”. They don’t have mine. They make generic multimillion dollar productions made by thousands and without a singular vision, designed by committee for focus testing. The worst kind of fast food.

Personally when it comes to Ubisoft I'm mostly interested in For Honor and Rayman games. Rider's Republic seems cool too but not sure if that is included here (don't see why it wouldn't if it's part of Ubisoft+ though).

Banjo64

cumsessed
PS5 DE + PlayStation Plus is looking ridiculously more attractive than the Series S + Gamepass if the person only cares about subscriptions.
That was one big point in favour of the S. Value for money. Game Pass for £10.99 a month, compared to £70 games on top of a £50 online fee.

But now when you consider that;
  • Plus Extra is £50 a year cheaper than Game Pass Ultimate
  • Plus Extra will have recent, high quality games
The pendulum has definitely swung in favour of PS.

They always do this. Just when you think they’re tone deaf and out of touch they deliver the ol’ 1-2 fuck you and pull you right back in. Getting PS3 Plus vibes from this. I thought Returnal was as good as we’d get, but DeS is huge.

They said these lists are only some of the over 700 games they'll have there day one. In the case of classics, they'll have up to 340 (will vary per region) games at launch.

And well, every month they'll add more so I assume they'll add classics too.

I just hope they add more enhancements to classic games, especially the ones primed for multiplayer. We need online multiplayer support and retro trophies, even starting with a handful of games is good enough.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Has anyone seen ps now working on the steamdeck?
I've been able to run it on mine, in Windows mode. It works... fine. Pretty comparable to Stadia or XCloud honestly.

Some people have been able to get the launcher working in Arch desktop mode in SteamOS, but it has issues with the controls not being recognized in about half the games.

scydrex

Damn the extra is looking better now. Haven´t played any of this games:

Returnal $69
Miles Morales $47
Death Stranding $50
Demon Soul $58
Ghost of Tushima $70
Total US$294

Those are the prices right now on Amazon. So if i pay 1 year of Extra then i will save around $200 right away. That´s not counting other games available or future games. I prefer to have my games in physical but i think i will subscribe. Don´t care about playing day 1 games still haven´t played Horizon 2 or GT 7 yet. I got Elden Ring day 1 because i love From games.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Such a shame that the PS2 Classics from the PS3 era aren't making a comeback. The only PS2 games they list are those that got remasters for PS4.

Emulation stays winning.

solidus12

Good foundation, but we need proper PS2 games. Just add the PS2 classics you used to sell on PS3 instead of the crappy PS2 on PS4 initiative 🤨

We don’t care for trophies on older games.

(I think trophies were the main issue for the lackluster list of PS2 games on PS4)

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: TLZ
Not gonna lie. Not a fan of sub services, and it’s still early doors, but Sony looks like it’s on the right path. I imagine their showcase will announce some bangers.

No metal gears, no classic GOW etc

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Damn the extra is looking better now. Haven´t played any of this games:

Returnal $69
Miles Morales $47
Death Stranding $50
Demon Soul $58
Ghost of Tushima $70
Total US$294

Those are the prices right now on Amazon. So if i pay 1 year of Extra then i will save around $200 right away. That´s not counting other games available or future games. I prefer to have my games in physical but i think i will subscribe. Don´t care about playing day 1 games still haven´t played Horizon 2 or GT 7 yet. I got Elden Ring day 1 because i love From games.
Yup.

That's the great thing about sub services. Aside from day one GP first party games, and some indie day one games here or there on various console or PC sub plans, many big name games come out later. You just got to wait. Of course, if you cant wait then buy it for $60 or $70. But if you can, just wait a year. Unless it's a competitive game you got to be day one like a shooter or sports game you want to do MP right away, single player games arent going anywhere. And as you can see, they can even be the directors cut version.

EA Play has almost all games coming out about 9 months later. Sometimes they come out a bit faster (ME Andromeda or Unravel) and sometimes more like 12 months (Star Wars games). But if you hold your horses for a bit, just let them come to sub plan.

NewYork214

i mean...its PS Now. But more expensive. theres def some issues with this.
how many ppl like TIERED subs
i dont get the argument about tiers. gives you options. would you only want 120 a year or whatever premium is? Maybe just the 2 tiers would be okay. but i think its good to have options.

Belthazar

Hopefully Immortal Fenyx Rising doesn't take long to get on Ubi+ Classics, insane that they put Valhalla and not that.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That's like saying Game Pass Ultimate is like Xbox Live Gold, but more expensive. Doesn't make any sense.
GPU didnt take away any features from Gold. And Gold is still available.

PS Now had legacy console games and PC streaming. Now those are locked under the most expensive top tier.

Topher

Gold Member
GPU didnt take away any features from Gold. And Gold is still available.

PS Now had legacy console games and PC streaming. Now those are locked under the most expensive top tier.

Not the point. He said it was like PS Now but more expensive. There is a lot more in this than just PS Now just as there is a lot more to GPU than just Gold.

Top Bottom