• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-new PlayStation Plus game lineup: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Demon’s Souls, Ghost of Tsushima Director’s Cut, NBA 2K22, and more join the service

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
Is there a single reason to give a shit about any of this if I'm already emulating PS1/PS2/PS3 on PC?

Elbereth

Obligatory
antonio banderas yes GIF

Moses85

Over 19 million PS5s sold.

Returnal has probably sold around 1 million copies.

18/19 = 95 %
I played it, it was shared by an friend of mine with 9 other buddies. Sure, not 19 Mio played this game but a lot of dont care.

Take Fifa as an example. I hate this Franchise, a lot of love it. But even after its release on PS+ not 19 million will play this shit.

Great list, but it's only a sample of the games on offer. Can't wait to see what the full list is like. I'm hoping for more PSX titles, including MGS and Silent Hill.

Same. Also hoping they go the extra mile and offer some online multiplayer and shader options for some of these retro games, trophy support (there are already fan communities that do this with sites like RetroAchievements), and maybe get some fan translations on the service too for prior Japan-only games getting translations these days.

The last one could be clunky tho. Might have to either cut some type of deal with those translation groups, or do the translations themselves. Considering the service the fan translators already do enabling more games to be played by audiences that'd otherwise have never done so, I think Sony should consider working with them. But some of the games in question might be tied up in rights management issues which would still limit some of the games they could add.

Which PS Fan hasnt played these games already? Not a lot!

I don't have a PS5 yet, and my PS3 died years ago before I could get to play more games on it. So, I haven't played either game yet.

ManaByte

I can't even remember all of the PSX/PSP games I bought digitally. Going to charge up my Vita tonight to check.

SSfox

I know that one.
I meant the duration stay. Is it 1 year, or 6 months for 3rd party.
They haven't said anything about this, so it's pure speculation at this point.

I'm still waiting for clarity about this before deciding if i sub or not.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
So this is exciting / looking good right now, especially if your a ps5 owner and are behind a bit. I think they key to keeping me as a sub will be how long they wait to add things like horizon west, gt7, etc.

Kuranghi

So what do I have to get to get Returnal and Demon's Souls, the mid tier plan?

This is great for me because I still never bought them, thats £80-100 of value right there, awesome.

yurinka

I think Sony should be smart and bring PS+ to Android and Apple devices.
Sony said a few years ago that part of the next gen improvements for PS Now included to bring it to mobile, tablets and tvs, something they already mentioned as part of their long term plans back in 2013 when they announced PS Now. And filled some related patents a few years ago, so they are working on it.

Apple won't allow it. Just ask Microsoft, Nvidia, and Valve. Apple doesn't want competing game subscription services to take people away from Apple Arcade.
Apple officially supports Dual Sense, Remote Play and sells Dual Sense on their store and Sony is working to bring their cloud gaming to smatphones and tablets: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HPNG2VC/A/sony-playstation-dualsense™-wireless-controller

Last edited:

Kokoloko85

Because it's not the full list.

Where can I find the full list?

PS5/PS4 wise they done alot better than I thought. PS3 is less than PSNOW from all the lists I can find. And PS1/PS2/PSP is my worst case scenario, literally the limited classic games from the PS4 store plus a few more. The PS1/PS2 library on the PS3/PS Vita is great.

If this is it, it really sucks and is just the PSNow list plus 1 PSP game and 9 PS1 games.

PS2 games available on PlayStation Plus Premium​

As part of the PlayStation Plus Premium tier, the following PS2 games are available:

• Ape Escape 2 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Dark Cloud (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Dark Cloud 2 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • FantaVision (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Hot Shots Tennis (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak 3 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak II (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak X (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Rogue Galaxy (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Siren (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Wild Arms 3 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)

PS1 games available on PlayStation Plus Premium​

As part of the PlayStation Plus Premium tier, the following PS1 games are available, complete with a "new user interface" that allow you to save anywhere and rewind for select titles:

• Ape Escape
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • I.Q. Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Mr. Driller
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 2
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Worms World Party

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Where can I find the full list?

PS5/PS4 wise they done alot better than I thought. PS3 is less than PSNOW from all the lists I can find. And PS1/PS2/PSP is my worst case scenario, literally the limited classic games from the PS4 store plus a few more. The PS1/PS2 library on the PS3/PS Vita is great.

If this is it, it really sucks and is just the PSNow list plus 1 PSP game and 9 PS1 games.

PS2 games available on PlayStation Plus Premium​

As part of the PlayStation Plus Premium tier, the following PS2 games are available:

• Ape Escape 2 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Arc The Lad: Twilight of the Spirits (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Dark Cloud (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Dark Cloud 2 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • FantaVision (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Hot Shots Tennis (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak 3 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak II (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Jak X (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Rogue Galaxy (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Siren (PS4 remaster, added at launch)
  • Wild Arms 3 (PS4 remaster, added at launch)

PS1 games available on PlayStation Plus Premium​

As part of the PlayStation Plus Premium tier, the following PS1 games are available, complete with a "new user interface" that allow you to save anywhere and rewind for select titles:

• Ape Escape
  • Hot Shots Golf
  • I.Q. Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash!
  • Mr. Driller
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 2
  • Worms Armageddon
  • Worms World Party
It says the full list will come out when it launches in your regions.

paulyboy81

Neo Member
Decent enough library, but already own/played it all by and large, at least the stuff of interest that is. Great for newcomers obviously, pays for itself.

Time will tell with how often and how new the additional titles added to the service over time are and whether I'd personally subscribe.

You have to let these services provide value by abstaining sometimes, buying everything of interest to you immediately won't cut it, learnt that lesson with Game Pass waaaaay too many times.

ManaByte

Apple officially supports Dual Sense and sells its on their store and Sony is working to bring their cloud gaming to smatphones and tablets: https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HPNG2VC/A/sony-playstation-dualsense™-wireless-controller

Yes, Apple support DualSense for remote play. They also support the XSX controller. They won't allow a game subscription streaming service on their platform though. They've rejected apps for Gamepass and GeForce Now due to them competing with Apple Arcade.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
A few Black Fridays ago, I purchased around 5 years of PS+ so I'm good to 25' as well. Did I miss if you can upgrade a current + membership to Plat/etc on the cheap or was it paying the difference to upgrade?
I always miss out the juicy stuff.

2 year ago, I had a chance to do 3x of gamepass ultimate. Didn't do it. 1 year ago, ps+ was $30. Didn't do it.

I missed out both deals.

BlueHawk

Neo Member
They are finally doing Gamepass to some degree. This is brilliant but I wish I’d known before I spent £70 for a few games. 🤮 I’ll never spend over £40 on a game again. Unless it’s Switch.

T-Cake

If you own a ps5 and haven't played or own demons souls and returnal......

Angry Adam Scott GIF by Apple TV+

Refusing to pay extortionate prices in my case! 😂 Learned my lesson with digital on PS4 - wait long enough and everything you buy will come on PS+ or PS Now. I could have saved many hundreds of pounds!

Last edited:

Quantum253

I always miss out the juicy stuff.

2 year ago, I had a chance to do 3x of gamepass ultimate. Didn't do it. 1 year ago, ps+ was $30. Didn't do it.

I missed out both deals.
I bit because I missed out before. However, almost every holiday season, there seems to be some type of discount for Plus/GP. Makes not having to worry about updating membership at full retail price eaiser.

Killer8

Is there a single reason to give a shit about any of this if I'm already emulating PS1/PS2/PS3 on PC?

Zilch. You're getting a much better experience than anything Sony could ever cook up and you don't need to pay for access to titles you already own.

Because games are a privilege and not a right? Support the things you love to ensure they stick around.

Ah yes, the privilege of getting to effectively rent games from a company with a horrific track record on consumer rights. I'll be sure to try out Siren, Ape Escape, Hot Shots Golf, I.Q. Intelligent Qube and Jumping Flash again so that my support encourages their developer to make more games in their series.

Oh...

Last edited:
That's it ?

I thought this was gonna be a universal thing.
It’ll be universal for games over a certain value. Those games launch after this service launches. I’m surprised there are even some of those launching if I’m honest. They don’t have to be retroactively applied.

Top Bottom