• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with three flexible membership options

Anyone else think it's strange that Doom is available on the service? considering it's owned by Microsoft now and available on gamepass

I know fallout 4 was available with the PS+ Collection when the PS5 released but Doom is a new addition
Doom had been on PlayStation now for awhile, just like fallout 4. So not surprised it is there.

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Out in the UK

Trials are garbage as expected.

Wtf is with the "classics" ? They've locked the Mafia remake behind premium but you only need extra to play the farcry 3 remaster

Makes no fucking sense. Will TLOU remake be locked behind premium too whenever that hits the service? Demon's souls isn't i guess but the consistency is laughable
The interface leaves a lot to be desired.

Observer System Redux also doesn't let me download, shows stream only.

dcmk7

Banned
Once all the contracts are over, 99.9% chance you only see warzone on playstation. Ms is saying all the right things until approval is finalized, but they didn't buy Activision for that kind of money just to add them to gamepass.
That conversation has been done to death already on various threads.

It's pretty tedious to drag up a wishful theory in a PS Plus thread.

Shmunter

I'm interested to see how many Premium subs Sony gets out of this.

PS Premium isnt much different than PS+ and PS Now comboed together. The key difference is Premium has game trials, the legacy games changed and Sony is promoting PS5 games with it as PS Now never had any. Pretty sure PS5 games would had come to PS Now if that service was still around.

The price is the same the old way vs. Premium, but with Premium gamers are forced to buy the total package vs. one or the other.
PSNOW was only available in select regions due to the streaming element and always treated as the forgotten step child in the basement.

The new offerings are actually being promoted and tied at the hip to what’s always been a very popular ps plus, front and centre. Whole new ball game.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Once all the contracts are over, 99.9% chance you only see warzone on playstation. Ms is saying all the right things until approval is finalized, but they didn't buy Activision for that kind of money just to add them to gamepass.
Not going by what they have actually said.

Also that money the PlayStation COD games generate would be to much to turn away from(MS wants to make that doe)
Finally they might not have a choice with the FTC breathing down there neck.

MikeM

FTC can force it. Have to see how it plays out.

so my Biomutant trial... i only have 2 hours to play. Because i downloaded it then watched some TV. And it counts the download time and the time it sat in ur library as u playing it

what a crock of shit

Fredrik

I’m curious to see how well all these coveted first party exclusives will sell now when people a neck deep in all this now.
Depends on how transparent they are with how long we have to wait for the Extra/Premium release.

If we have no clue I can see day 1 games selling the same or better.

If we know we’ll wait 6 months sales could drop a bit, that’s and easy wait.

If we know we have to wait one year or two years then most won’t bother waiting if it’s something they really want to play.

The constant upside is that more people will play the games and talk about them and walk around like living ad pillars on social media.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I bought Toy Story 2 and odd world, man the emulation is shit tier.

Kinda off topic, but do people actually find the Oddworld games enjoyable? I've tried a few of them through the years, most recently Soulstorm, and I'm always bored to death within 10 minutes.

jm89

What's really odd is I'm pretty sure batman return to Arkham games was downloadable on the morning it went live in the uk, it's even on eurgamers list of plus games. Maybe a mistake as I can't see it downloadable anymore.

Edit: what a mess it seems the return to Arkham games are only under cloud streaming even though they are downloadable PS4 games, and don't appear in all games sections.

Maybe I'm late to the party but don't trust the categories, its all over the place.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What's really odd is I'm pretty sure batman return to Arkham games was downloadable on the morning it went live in the uk, it's even on eurgamers list of plus games. Maybe a mistake as I can't see it downloadable anymore.

Edit: what a mess it seems the return to Arkham games are only under cloud streaming even though they are downloadable PS4 games, and don't appear in all games sections.

Maybe I'm late to the party but don't trust the categories, its all over the place.

PS4 remasters of PS3 games are counted as "classics", so they're only in Premium (in general, there seem to be exceptions).

T-Cake

You're quite right in the fact it's a complete shambles and everything is all over the place.

Try this link to download Arkham stuff.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1018-CUSA04607_00-ARKHAMASYLUMHD00
https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1018-CUSA02000_00-ARKHAMCITYHD0000

Last edited:

jm89

You're quite right in the fact it's a complete shambles and everything is all over the place.

Try this link to download Arkham stuff.

https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1018-CUSA04607_00-ARKHAMASYLUMHD00
https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP1018-CUSA02000_00-ARKHAMCITYHD0000
They don't even list all the games on their own website for ps plus, absolutely baffling.

And it's not just 1 or 2 titles either quite a few decent ones are missing from there website and more importatnly not under the All Games section on the console ps plus app, where i would have though it literally meant All games on the service but apparantley not. Eurogamer actually have done sonys job for them and have a full list.

But it is a new service so maybe they are figuring things out, but still weird considering they launched in 2 diffrent regions already to figure things out.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
When you look at the game library in the phone app the games have an "Add to library" button. What does that actually do in this case? With old Plus it added the game to your library so it's yours forever as long as you keep subscribing, but that's not how this library works right? Once a game is removed it's also removed from your own library. So that's a little confusing.

Shmunter

When you look at the game library in the phone app the games have an "Add to library" button. What does that actually do in this case? With old Plus it added the game to your library so it's yours forever as long as you keep subscribing, but that's not how this library works right? Once a game is removed it's also removed from your own library. So that's a little confusing.
Maybe you also keep it if you claim it? 🤷‍♂️

T-Cake

I don't think that's how it works here. But I guess "claiming it" just adds it to your game library so you can then install it from there.

It'll still there but when it's removed, it'll have a padlock on it. Which causes my OCD no end of bother having a load of games that I can't access anymore. You can hide them, of course which is some comfort.

Rumour- R&C might be coming

If Sony starts adding these games a year after releasing then that's awesome. I have Demons Souls and Returnal installed are ready to go!
I've already bought Ratchet but it would be such an amazing addition...

I also think Sackboy could be one of the next few games in there

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Anyone else think it's strange that Doom is available on the service? considering it's owned by Microsoft now and available on gamepass

I know fallout 4 was available with the PS+ Collection when the PS5 released but Doom is a new addition

Well MS did say legacy content and games already on would remain.

Maybe they just thought taking the money for the deal was more profitable then declining.

skit_data

What happened to the Infamous PS3 games in Europe? Apparently they pulled it a couple of days ago. Anybody here have an idea why? Licensing?

Killer8

Upgraded to the Extra tier. I still had a year left of my basic sub so it seemed like a no brainer at the upgrade price they were offering. Probably going to be worth it for Stray alone next month, but i've also still to try Returnal.

PSNOW was only available in select regions due to the streaming element and always treated as the forgotten step child in the basement.

The new offerings are actually being promoted and tied at the hip to what’s always been a very popular ps plus, front and centre. Whole new ball game.
How is this any different? PS Now allowed downloading everything except PS3 games. This service is the same.

Pipoqueiro

capcom and shadow of rome = :messenger_smiling_hearts:

933131-12-04-17-00.jpg

partime

Been playing Celeste, it's a crazy good | challenging game. Love Madelines high pitched babbles when she's crying or low when she's warry.

Diesel%2Fproductv2%2Fceleste%2Fhome%2F00-1920x1080-656978e07c631e4fb1dc5d2f435c536edaafd8d5.jpg

Also streaming The Last Guy, which is fun too, but streaming graphics are a bit blurry.

Kerotan

I didn't realize they are offering the upgrade at half price. I'm subbed to PS Plus until 2027.

Upgrading to essential for 5 years costs me €100 and premium €150. Pretty good deal no?

Top Bottom