• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All of the DLC for Beatles: Rock Band being delisted May 5th

Bought these last week after double-checking that the MIDI Pro Adapter works with Beatles. At some point my drumset will be making a return appearance to the living room, I guess!

FyreWulff

Bought these last week after double-checking that the MIDI Pro Adapter works with Beatles. At some point my drumset will be making a return appearance to the living room, I guess!

Strangely enough it works with RB2 as well. Was surprised when I read that in the MIDIPro's manual.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
looks like its already gone from playstation

Whoa, sure is. Sorry folks, I tried to bump-warn yesterday, and 5th was the announced date. Didn't mean to tease y'all.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
I just realized I'm probably never going to play The Beatles: Rock Band.

Well, at least you have the option.

My dream for Pink Floyd: Rock Band, on the other hand, seems impossible.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Sucks that you have to buy the full album to get a bunch of Abbey Road's songs. A lot I could have lived without, but I had to have Polythene Pam and that's not listed individually.

And then with Rubber Soul, I actually did end up wanting everything but had bought several songs individually before, so it would have cost more to buy the full album option after that.

I'll probably kick myself for not buying a couple more things off Sgt. Pepper, but I'm feeling fleeced enough. Guh. Damn you and your amazing songs, Beatles.

(Still super bummed we never got Old Brown Shoe as DLC)

Daigoro

sad news.

bought it all the day it was released. id buy a hell of a lot more too if i had the option.

ive played this game to death together with friends. its HMX's crowning achievement.

Flipyap

Thank you for making and bumping this thread.
Can't say I expected to kick off this month by purchasing a whole boatload of DLC for a game I haven't played in years, on a console I didn't have hooked up, but hey, gotta do what I gotta do.

Music licenses are such an unbelievable bummer. This game is a treasure and it deserves to be fully preserved forever.

so1337

Still bummed that they never added Pro Drums for Beatles. Would've given it a whole new lease on life for me.

Necrovex

I rented this game years back, when it first came out. I wasn't a Beatles fan at all back then, so a lot of the love I missed. It's a pity I am a huge lover of them now, but have no way to play this title. I'm sad Harmonix can't make any more of these spin off games.

Beatles: Rock Band was amazing back in 2009, fed right into the remaster hype of the time. Have good memories losing my voice singing some of the tracks in it lol

That reminds me, i didn't own a USB Microphone for the game at the time, so I had to buy a bundle with the Naked Brothers Band game for something like 8 bucks lmao

Imbarkus

I'm sad Harmonix can't make any more of these spin off games.

This is the only one that got the truly epic treatment. The Green Day one was pretty slim on theme, custom UI, etc.

Maybe the fact that Rock Band 4 underwhelmed a bit will bring them back to this. I think it turns out that the effort it would take to license and craft a Floyd or Zeppelin game would have been better spent than all that effort letting people access their existing DLC.

Just an opinion, though. The reason I'm in this thread is I don't like DLC disappearing, so I still applaud what Harmonix did with RB4... it just seems like the market didn't respond.

This game is a treasure and it deserves to be fully preserved forever.

While I'm not a Beatles fan, this game presented their catalogue to me in a format I enjoyed so that I understood why the Beatles are held in such high regard. It might no be preserved forever officially but my HD now is another potential source of preservation for the future. It's 2016, how many 360s are out there functioning with a full set of Beatles DLC on it?

BigDug13

Still bummed that they never added Pro Drums for Beatles. Would've given it a whole new lease on life for me.

Yep this is what killed it for me. Once I experienced pro drums where I no longer had to guess which ones were meant for cymbals like I used to do in RB2 with my cymbals, I couldn't go back to no cymbal charting. (Though now there are ways around that as far as getting Beatles.)

Question: I purchased all the DLC before the deadline today, however, I am not currently near my Xbox 360 at the point so I won't be able to download the songs until next week. When these songs are removed, will you no longer be able to download them or will I be able to access them through my download history?

FyreWulff

Question: I purchased all the DLC before the deadline today, however, I am not currently near my Xbox 360 at the point so I won't be able to download the songs until next week. When these songs are removed, will you no longer be able to download them or will I be able to access them through my download history?

You will be able to redownload them. It's only new purchases that are going away.

Green Yoshi

Thanks for the reminder. Bought "All you need is love".

Too bad "Hey Jude" and "Let it be" were never part of The Beatles: Rock Band although they are very popular.

This is the only one that got the truly epic treatment. The Green Day one was pretty slim on theme, custom UI, etc.

Maybe the fact that Rock Band 4 underwhelmed a bit will bring them back to this. I think it turns out that the effort it would take to license and craft a Floyd or Zeppelin game would have been better spent than all that effort letting people access their existing DLC.

Just an opinion, though. The reason I'm in this thread is I don't like DLC disappearing, so I still applaud what Harmonix did with RB4... it just seems like the market didn't respond.

Harmonix did a PAX East panel a few years ago where they talked about licensing a lot, and the takeaway was that RB: Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin never happened because of significant licensing hurdles, not due to lack of effort. As stated upthread, there was a proof of concept for RB: Pink Floyd, and Harmonix knew for years that a Led Zeppelin game would sell gangbusters and tried to secure the licensing to make it happen. And all that was with Viacom and MTV behind them, not to mention EA's coffers. Remember, too, that Apple Corp. is not exactly known for being generous with the Beatles rights, especially in the digital realm. If Harmonix could make a Beatles game but not a Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin game, what does that tell you about those bands and their publishers?

With the band game market much smaller than it once was and Harmonix no longer able to draw on the same resources and connections it once had, trying to make a Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin game would certainly be impossible now, assuming it was ever possible in the first place.

FyreWulff

There was also a rumor that U2 wanted a full band game but Harmonix thought it wasn't a good idea to persue those anymore after Green Day.

And then we got two U2 disc songs with RB4.

Same with Pearl Jam's Ten having harmonies in Rock Band 3, a supposed left over from a cancelled Rock Band: Pearl Jam. IIRC it's the only RB1/2 era content in Rock Band 3 that has harmonies patched in.

(Not counting Country Track Pack 2 - even though it was compatible with RB1/2, it was released after RB3, so they had time to include the harmony metadata in the export file)

mclem

Yeah, if you're going to buy it, buy now. First party tends to pull content slightly early.

As it happens, I'd forgotten about this, and just checked right now (May 6th as far as my local calendar is concerned) and was still able to make the purchases. It looks like it's at least going down to the wire (is it past midnight in the westernmost parts of the US yet?)

(Then again, maybe the EU store is slower at removing?)

Top Bottom