• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 2 After It Was Released, No News Yet for Final Fantasy 7 Remake on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vognerful

April 2020 was when the game fist released. I year later, we got Intergrade. Yet, no news on any Xbox port. Do you expect to hear anything about it this year? Or is the game is not going to release on xbox at all?

Shall we expect similar plans for FFXVI as well?

Discuss!

FrankWza

Vince Vaughn Reaction GIF

Infamy v1

I mean, it's par the course for Sony and their shady behind-the-scenes deals. When they extended Destiny DLC timed exclusivity for an additional year until the sequel was out and nobody was playing the first game, I knew they wouldn't stop there. That was actually genius, tbh, albeit scummy.

Funny thing is SE are the ones who originally confirmed it was console timed exclusive for a year, and now that was so long ago, lol. Just like the radio silence for FFXIV despite Phil confirming it for Xbox. Expect the same for FF16. Forspoken we actually have confirmation for the two year timed exclusivity moneyhat, but it might as well be permanent.

This is why when fanboys cry about Bethesda and ABK, it rings hollow.

legacy24

MS needs to stand up for themselves.

First it was atlus, with persona 5, now square with ff7r.

How many japanese 3rd party games would be denied for xbox?
what are they supposed to do? they already took the money from Sony, they won't spoil that relationship by taking money from MS just to put it on the platform that will have the least amount of sales

Last edited:

Vognerful

I believe Sony has made a move to lock down AAA FF. Dunno the details though.

Sucks too because right now, as a lifelong PS fan, Xbox Series X has become my preferred platform.
I played all FF titles from FF7 FFXIII (trio) series onwards on Sony consoles (FF7 was really overrated and I can't understand why people idolize it) and I as I saw they were releasing their games as mutliplatform, I never expected them to do it for the newer titles.

I admit that I did not enjoy any title after XII but I used to buy them anyway (it was the first game (IX that is) that got me into console gaming) as a religious thing. So, imagine my bitterness when I can't play these games on my xbox.

I do have my PC though, which is a good thing.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Removed from the Thread for Console Warring and childish insults.
Not coming. FF7 exclusivity has been pretty much Sony dependent, seems like they can extend the deal whenever they want.

For people crying about this, you are pathetic, truly bottom of the barrel considering what MS has been doing.

Infamy v1

It’s weird seeing SE not releasing FF on Xbox meanwhile Atlus who doesn’t like doing multiplatform are releasing Soul Hackers 2 day one on Xbox.
Sony is paying money for timed exclusive FF. They are not paying money for timed exclusive Soul Hackers. It's not rocket science.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
Not coming. FF7 exclusivity has been pretty much Sony dependent, seems like they can extend the deal whenever they want.

For people crying about this, you are pathetic, truly bottom of the barrel considering what MS has been doing.
And what has MS been doing lately? Theyre are actually buying companies not just blocking games from going to other platforms

Infamy v1

Buying companies that are actively looking to be acquired, many in dire straits and having to bankroll and fund their games and staff as well as change corporate culture for ABK

vs.

Spending hundreds of millions of dollars for exclusive third party games that you had zero role in developing or creating with the sole intention to keep it away from Xbox and their gamers.

Yeah, you are correct, one is bottom of the barrel pathetic for sure.

The Shepard

Think they renewed it with the ps5 edition for another year as a console exclusive so the next few months you'll likely get something, and then it'll be released by the end of the year. It was only ever a timed console exclusive. The game is great and one of my faves from last gen so would like it on xbox aswell as the PlayStation for another replay in the future. Can imagine gamepass day one to.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Sony is paying money for timed exclusive FF. They are not paying money for timed exclusive Soul Hackers. It's not rocket science.
Even without pay Atlus don’t usually release thier games on Xbox, last time they did that was with Shin Megami Tensei Nine and Catherine.

In my eyes it’s good thing, it about time Atlus releasing thier games on multiple systems.

Thirty7ven

Banned
Buying companies that are actively looking to be acquired, many in dire straits and having to bankroll and fund their games and staff as well as change corporate culture for ABK

vs.

Spending hundreds of millions of dollars for exclusive third party games that you had zero role in developing or creating with the sole intention to keep it away from Xbox and their gamers.

Yeah, you are correct, one is bottom of the barrel pathetic for sure.

You can try and twist it all you want. Go all out buddy, drink the kool aid.

square will port it over eventually. xbox obviously isnt a priority for them and they have always been more aligned with sony anyway. i expect sony to strengthen their relations with japanese publishers even more going forward. i dont see why anyone should be bitching about it either. its business. nobody stops you from buying the system to play the games you want apart from your ownself. than you want to be mad about it?

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Seems like you're the one twisting things to suit your narrative. It's painfully evident given the replies to you here and that's saying something given this is a Sony-centric forum. ;)

What’s painful evident is you’re just another kool aid addict, and your last line just reaffirms the notion, nothing like a victim complex badge to know who you’re dealing with. Common sense evades the lot of you, take your ass to xboxera, guess what, every multi platform community will have more PlayStation users, it’s numbers.

Don’t bother replying, added to the ignore list, tired of astros.

Last edited:

Vognerful

square will port it over eventually. xbox obviously isnt a priority for them and they have always been more aligned with sony anyway. i expect sony to strengthen their relations with japanese publishers even more going forward. i dont see why anyone should be bitching about it either. its business. nobody stops you from buying the system to play the games you want apart from your ownself. than you want to be mad about it?
Bro have you seen stock availability?

I've had it two years and haven't even put the disc in yet. I've always thought FFVII was overrated. I've heard nothing but good things about this one though.

Bro have you seen stock availability?

its availabe on PS4 you know. which is where majority of people played final fantasy 7 remake. i think it would be wise to maybe just play it there instead of hoping for an xbox port that may or may not exist.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What’s painful evident is you’re just another kool aid addict, and your last line just reaffirms the notion, nothing like a victim complex badge to know who you’re dealing with. Common sense evades the lot of you, take your ass to xboxera, guess what, every multi platform community will have more PlayStation users, it’s numbers.

Ah I get it. Anyone who doesn't agree with your narrative is drinking the kool aid. Seems like a nicer club to be in TBH lol.

You're comparing buying a publisher and still letting them make multi-platform games (AB) versus buying exclusives from a multi-platform publisher and not letting the game come out on other consoles (Sony/SE).

Which of these is the worse one on paper ? You decide.

ckaneo

Square Enix sells games to publishers instead of fans

Final Fantasy 7R didnt even sell as much as I thought it would.

Last edited:

Infamy v1

Your bullshit narrative got exposed so you cry foul, claim it's kool aid and then block. Sorry, but that shit ain't gonna cut it. If you don't want your spin called out then don't fucking post. Easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom