• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Almost 2 After It Was Released, No News Yet for Final Fantasy 7 Remake on Xbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethomaz

Banned
So three-month Stalker 2 exclusivity (indie) is comparable to upwards of two YEARS moneyhats by Sony (for AAA games from publishers like SE) because it's the same idea at the end of the day, therefore it doesn't matter?

Then why do Sony fanboys cry about Bethesda, especially where in this case MS needs to fund, bankroll and nuture their studios unlike Sony with the equivalent? Shouldn't really matter since it's the same thing at the end of the day, am I right? Or am I right?
I’m not sure.
Do you consider me a Sony fanboys?

Because I find it crazy to think that any MS acquisition new releases may come to PS5.
It should be all exclusives to Xbox to create a identity to the platform.

CoD for example can do that because Halo and Gears doesn’t anymore… the game that do that on Xbox nowdays is Forza Horizon and it used to be Halo, Gears and Forza Motorsport.

Elders of Scrolls is another key series for MS… should be exclusive.

Last edited:
So instead of timed exclusivity, it would have been OK for sony to aquire square enix and lock every single game they have off xbox permanently instead? that would be OK but timed exclusivity Is scummy? I guess xbox fans would prefer permanent exclusivity of all square enix ip instead of temporary exclusives. So what are sony waiting for? Time to buy square enix and follow Microsofts way. Stop with the timed exclusives, buy up ip and lock them to your ecosystem permanently because that is much more consumer friendly.

Last edited:
Lol no i wear my hat for a reason. You may as well embrace it too because everyone sees through your shtick
It's cute how you have nothing to add to the actual topic of the thread but engage in ad hominem attacks. Your profile picture has nothing to do with your complete lack of self awareness.

Bottom line is that it sucks when any company pays to keep content they don't own off other platforms. It just so happens that Sony engages in that practice far more often than any other platform holder. Stalker 2 for 3 months, if that game ever comes out, is in no way equal to a Final Fantasy game for 2 years+.

It will be interesting to see if this tactic pays off over the course of this generation. It's already looking a little different than last.

3liteDragon

Wasn’t there that leak by Xbox China which showed there was a port in the works? Idk, but yea as Topher Topher pointed out, the deal between Sony & Enix ended the moment the game came to PC.

Last edited:

kingfey

Banned
There is few ways to console-exclusives happen, for example:

- The platform funds the game.
- The platform owns the IP.
- The platform offer money enough to compensate the lose in sales in others platforms.

We know the first 2 are not the case here… so the 3rd is mostly like the case… that means Sony offer a deal that is enough to Square Enix cover the lose in target sales on Xbox platform… that target sales are based in their previous data with similar games launched there.

That $$$ variate from game because games sells different amounts… so a GTA exclusivity is something that no platform holder wants to give the money to make the deal because it is too expensive… at least you need to cover revenue from 30 million of more sales in others platforms.

But that is not the case of Final Fantasy or even Street Fighter games on Xbox… the sales are lower enough to a exclusive deal be cheaper.

Think a bit about… why is way more hard to MS made exclusive deals with big publishers than Sony? Because due the user base and potential sales exclusivity to take a game from Sony platforms is too expensive and probably not worth of it (that is why in 360 MS had a lot more exclusive deal and Rise of Tomb Raider was made before the gen started based on sales potential of the game on 360).

The fact the exclusive deal exists is more about the potential sales in that platform than excuses like “it is bad”, “it is anti-consumer”, “should be illegal” lol

After all it is business… the same happened in all others industry… most popular is a product more expensive is to make a exclusive deal against it… same for Ads in TVs programs… the biggest the audience more expensive is the ad minute between the interval.
MS can afford those timed exclusive sales, If they really wanted to do.

The only reason Sony managed to get it, was the long time relationship with Sony. Same with Capcom.

Understand that 1st.

As for the sales, we have no idea about the digital. The only we have is the physical, which is lower on xbox, because of xbox players being digital.

And lastly, most of these Japanese companies look at Japanese sales, which makes Xbox weaker in term of sales.

FYI, MS can afford GTA6 exclusive deal. They can do that, through 10 year partnership plan, like they did with EA for their EA play.

I suspect Final Fantasy VII Remake will appear on Steam and Xbox at the same time and it'll be a year after the game was released on the Epic Games Store. That means it will come out before the end of this year in my opinion.

ethomaz

Banned

The only reason Sony managed to get it, was the long time relationship with Sony. Same with Capcom.

Understand that 1st.

As for the sales, we have no idea about the digital. The only we have is the physical, which is lower on xbox, because of xbox players being digital.

And lastly, most of these Japanese companies look at Japanese sales, which makes Xbox weaker in term of sales.

FYI, MS can afford GTA6 exclusive deal. They can do that, through 10 year partnership plan, like they did with EA for their EA play.
Multiplatform games has lower sales on Xbox... c'mon.
Digital or physical doesn't matter... it is unrelated.

I should estimate a GTA exclusive deal could cost over $1b for MS (doing my math here maybe even around $2b... lose of 50 million copies at avg. $30)... way less for Sony.

Any game can be exclusive... it just how much you need to pay for it.

Last edited:
It's cute how you have nothing to add to the actual topic of the thread but engage in ad hominem attacks. Your profile picture has nothing to do with your complete lack of self awareness.

Bottom line is that it sucks when any company pays to keep content they don't own off other platforms. It just so happens that Sony engages in that practice far more often than any other platform holder. Stalker 2 for 3 months, if that game ever comes out, is in no way equal to a Final Fantasy game for 2 years+.

It will be interesting to see if this tactic pays off over the course of this generation. It's already looking a little different than last.

There's nothing to add to this thread. All you're doing is making exuses for one conpanies shit practices while dogging on the other for theirs. It's the same tired argument in repeat.

I'm fully aware of what i am. You are too. Only difference is you don't want to own what you are.

Lognor

Banned
I suspect Final Fantasy VII Remake will appear on Steam and Xbox at the same time and it'll be a year after the game was released on the Epic Games Store. That means it will come out before the end of this year in my opinion.
Yep, this is what I said earlier in the thread as well. And it will be on Game Pass day one on Xbox.

Someone did bring up the fact that Sony could have had a stipulation in their contract with SE that FFVII R could not be released on another subscription service (i.e. Game Pass), which is what is rumored that they did with RE Village. If that is the case, and the folks saying Xbox owners don't buy jrpgs are right, then in that case it might not come to Xbox. Unless Microsoft pays for the porting costs.

kingfey

Banned
Multiplatform games has lower sales on Xbox... c'mon.
Digital or physical doesn't matter... it is unrelated.
That is known fact, because of user base numbers. Still, that doesn't mean the game is a flop.

I should estimate a GTA exclusive deal could cost over $1b for MS (doing my math here maybe even around $2b... lose of 50 million copies at avg. $30)... way less for Sony.
Gta5 sales are like $20 on average for 9 years, on multiple platforms. That price fot exclusivity is incorrect.

And no, it's not way less for sony. If Activision deal is closed, Sony price would go up.

dcmk7

Banned
Calling you out for being naive is defensive? Hmm...okay!
Nah, it's the complete lack of an argument, the naïvity that additional money has no bearing on development, all the whataboutery you've been doing.. and when you realised this you resorted to some desperate stuff. It all adds up.

Hopefully you will bring some actual arguments into your next discussion.

Lognor

Banned
Nah, it's the complete lack of an argument, the naïvity that additional money has no bearing on development, all the whataboutery you've been doing.. and when you realised this you resorted to some desperate stuff. It all adds up.

Hopefully you will bring some actual arguments into your next discussion.
It is just so naive, what else do you want from me? It's such a silly statement. We could make that same statement for ANY type of deal, even a marketing deal. Sony pays for marketing rights for COD so that game would not exist without Sony. See how dumb that is? You don't agree? Well prove how that game would exist the way it is without Sony. You can't do it! Sony made millions. Where did those millions go? To the development! hur dur dur

Sorry if that's defensive. But you have no clue. It just makes me laugh.

Kilau

Gold Member
After all these years and so many subpar releases, it's amazing how Final Fantasy still stirs the console warrior crazies.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year

Understand that 1st.

Due to high devcost, it might not benefit for Square to develop a version for Xbox (just look at the sales of FF in general). That doesn’t mean it will not come at some day.

kingfey

Banned
Due to high devcost, it might not benefit for Square to develop a version for Xbox (just look at the sales of FF in general). That doesn’t mean it will not come at some day.
That would be Square loss, considering how MS saved their ass covering the losses of marvels avengers, and GOTG.

The game is out on Windows. A port would be the opposite of "high devcost".

dcmk7

Banned
It is just so naive, what else do you want from me? It's such a silly statement. We could make that same statement for ANY type of deal, even a marketing deal. Sony pays for marketing rights for COD so that game would not exist without Sony. See how dumb that is? You don't agree? Well prove how that game would exist the way it is without Sony. You can't do it! Sony made millions. Where did those millions go? To the development! hur dur dur

Sorry if that's defensive. But you have no clue. It just makes me laugh.

You're reaching here now.. . Why are you comparing a marketing agreement to an exclusivity deal :messenger_grinning_smiling: . Sorry but that's incredible, it's daft to compare apples and oranges maybe you should row back on this if that's your argument.

To recap my point was very simple.. exclusivity money helps get projects moving or with covering some of the very significant costs of production. Hows that even up for debate?

Maybe ask Kojima Productions how useful Sony's financial backing was for Death Stranding and the use of proprietary tech for the games development. Money helps with this stuff.

Well prove how that game would exist the way it is without Sony.
The game exists right now with a exclusivity agreement in place. If it didn't there is a chance it wouldn't exist right now. So maybe it wasn't such a bad thing 🤷‍♂️

But you have no clue. It just makes me laugh.
The irony.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Sold 5m copies from April to August last year. I seriously think it’d only sell 300k or so on Xbox. It’s simply barely worth the effort for SE. Personally it doesn’t bother me because;

A. I own a PS5 (anyone missing SE games should just buy a PS5).
B. SE make the worst games out of all the major publishers. If it wasn’t for Tomb Raider 2013 I’d have never have enjoyed a single one of their games. Just shocking writing and gameplay for all of their RPGs.

kingfey

Banned
Sold 5m copies from April to August last year. I seriously think it’d only sell 300k or so on Xbox. It’s simply barely worth the effort for SE. Personally it doesn’t bother me because;

B. SE make the worst games out of all the major publishers. If it wasn’t for Tomb Raider 2013 I’d have never have enjoyed a single one of their games. Just shocking writing and gameplay for all of their RPGs.
The game was not on any other devices, other than ps4 and ps5.
People who had 2 consoles and pc would have bought it on those systems otherwise.

Even if we assume 300k (super lowball imo, it's Final Fantasy after all), that's good money for a cheap ass port. They got that money from Sony instead so SE doesn't care.

Banjo64

cumsessed
The game was not on any other devices, other than ps4 and ps5.
People who had 2 consoles and pc would have bought it on those systems otherwise.
Do you have any sales metrics for JRPGs on PC/Xbox to back this up?

As far as I’ve seen those games thrive on PS and Nintendo platforms and that’s basically it.

kingfey

Banned
Do you have any sales metrics for JRPGs on PC/Xbox to back this up?

As far as I’ve seen those games thrive on PS and Nintendo platforms and that’s basically it.
Monster hunter world sold alot of copies on PC, compared to Ps.
Xbox would be smaller, due to no audience in Japan.

Those numbers would have been higher, if the game was on all those platforms.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Monster hunter world sold alot of copies on PC, compared to Ps.
Xbox would be smaller, due to no audience in Japan.

Those numbers would have been higher, if the game was on all those platforms.
Agree, but how much higher? I’d wager not much.

Monster Hunter is no JRPG.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
It's just funny seeing bitches like you crying over timed-exclusives as if only Sony did it, but you dare not admit that in the 360 era Xbox did this almost exclusively to get games. PS1 was the most popular platform at that time. Developers wanted to develop for that console. How do you think it went between Sega and Nintendo?
well how about this
Xbox and Gamecube existed back in the 6th gen and yet PS2 got the much more massive fucking japanese library compared to the 2 of them. lots of games like ico, shadow of the colossus, Final Fantasy X etc ended up exclusive to the PS2 and even later on when the xbox and gamecube came out they still missed out on a lot of titles
dude it was sony who did it first.... even then your PS1 example isn't this perfect gotcha seeing as how the PC was a platform at the time and even then not many PS1 games ended up on PC. not saying that Xbox didn't do it in the 360 and early one era but to pretend sony didn't do it at all in the past is kind of dumb

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
well how about this
Xbox and Gamecube existed back in the 6th gen and yet PS2 got the much more massive fucking japanese library compared to the 2 of them. lots of games like ico, shadow of the colossus, Final Fantasy X etc ended up exclusive to the PS2 and even later on when the xbox and gamecube came out they still missed out on a lot of titles
dude it was sony who did it first.... even then your PS1 example isn't this perfect gotcha seeing as how the PC was a platform at the time and even then not many PS1 games ended up on PC. not saying that Xbox didn't do it in the 360 and early one era but to pretend sony didn't do it at all in the past is kind of dumb

We all know Sony is doing it. The only problem here is that xbox fanboys don’t want to admit that Xbox have done it. The only people here complaining are the xbox fans when it comes to times-exclusives.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
We all know Sony is doing it. The only problem here is that xbox fanboys don’t want to admit that Xbox have done it. The only people here complaining are the xbox fans when it comes to times-exclusives.
understandable. why can't we be more like ERA and put this console war shit behind us ffs

There's nothing to add to this thread. All you're doing is making exuses for one conpanies shit practices while dogging on the other for theirs. It's the same tired argument in repeat.

I'm fully aware of what i am. You are too. Only difference is you don't want to own what you are.
Pure nonsense. At least you can acknowledge you add nothing of value to the discussion. I clearly stated denying content you don't own to other platforms sucks. I drew no platform distinction. It just so happens your favorite company uses that tactic frequently and the company you like less does not.

I am fully aware of what I am and that's a person who owns all platforms and can objectively call out lame policies when I see them. I also have no need to attack other posters simply because they state nonsense. I'd rather attack the lack of logic not the person. That's the difference between us.

So instead of timed exclusivity, it would have been OK for sony to aquire square enix and lock every single game they have off xbox permanently instead? that would be OK but timed exclusivity Is scummy? I guess xbox fans would prefer permanent exclusivity of all square enix ip instead of temporary exclusives. So what are sony waiting for? Time to buy square enix and follow Microsofts way. Stop with the timed exclusives, buy up ip and lock them to your ecosystem permanently because that is much more consumer friendly.
There is a huge difference between acquiring an entire dev team and the IP, being responsible for the future creation of that IP and the payment of that staff and paying a company to not release a game for platform. It IS scummy as you put it to simply deny content to other platforms. Sony and MS have both done it. Sony does it far more frequently, for much longer durations,, and for big well known IP like Street Fighter and Final Fantasy. To compare those games to titles like Stalker 2, a game as far as I know that has never had history on PlayStation, is disingenuous.

I still can't recall one title that had a PlayStation launch date that was later canceled because of a MS acquisition. I can recall games that were improved because of a MS acquisition and still made an appearance on PlayStation platforms despite the change in ownership. Again there are a few titles with IP MS owns that are on PlayStation so it is clear the companies are not doing the same things. One company's action is certainly more consumer friendly no doubt.

I have already told you the reason. These console are japanese console. The devs will prefer them over xbox, especially with how much xbox sold in japan.
That's ridiculous. You can't run a giant corporation like that. You sell to your audience. They're not ignoring Xbox because they don't like Americans. They're just not porting certain games that don't make sense financially based on the audience.

No offense, but are you a teenager? Your posts constantly seem to indicate you have a completely ignorant view on how real life exists. I like to assume you're just young, not just hopelessly clueless.

kingfey

Banned
That's ridiculous. You can't run a giant corporation like that. You sell to your audience. They're not ignoring Xbox because they don't like Americans. They're just not porting certain games that don't make sense financially based on the audience.

No offense, but are you a teenager? Your posts constantly seem to indicate you have a completely ignorant view on how real life exists. I like to assume you're just young, not just hopelessly clueless.
XBOX ONE SOLD 144K IN JAPAN.

Put this in to your brain first.

These devs have been focusing on their home country 1st. Since it's important market for them.

With numbers like that, xbox doesn't stand a chance.

Steam is changing their mind now, after they saw outside sales. Which is why xbox is now getting JRPg games, which it couldn't get before.

dcmk7

Banned
I am fully aware of what I am and that's a person who owns all platforms and can objectively call out lame policies when I see them.
Well that's not true you're heavily biased.

Just off the top of my head you've defended Xbox gold price hikes in the past, the universally hated Kinect, attacked developers who complained about Series S saying they should be punished, also said you were certain that members of this very site were doxxing a YouTuber, oh and defended very expensive proprietary lower specced storage solutions. Seems very one sided 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
XBOX ONE SOLD 144K IN JAPAN.

Put this in to your brain first.

These devs have been focusing on their home country 1st. Since it's important market for them.

With numbers like that, xbox doesn't stand a chance.

Steam is changing their mind now, after they saw outside sales. Which is why xbox is now getting JRPg games, which it couldn't get before.
What does Xbox's sales in Japan have to do with a company putting a game on a console worldwide?

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
announcing game of thrones GIF by South Park

gloating GIF by South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom