• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone in the Dark and more confirmed for THQ Nordic's August showcase

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
thq-nordic-digital-showcase-2023-trailer-crop.jpg

THQ Nordic is holding another digital showcase this August, featuring new reveals and updates on previously announced games, including its intriguing Alone in the Dark reboot.

Here's the bit for your diary: things get underway at 8pm BST/9pm CEST/12pm PT on Friday, 11th August, with proceedings being streamed via YouTube and Twitch.

As for what we can expect, THQ Nordic is promising "world premiere announcements but also updates and reveals for previously announced games", with Alone in the Dark, the recently revealed Trine 5, and Outcast 2 all confirmed to be getting more time in the spotlight.

Beyond that is anyone's guess, but it's certainly been a while since we heard anything from THQ Nordic's long-awaited Gothic remake or Dangerous Golf developer Three Fields Entertainment's promising racer Wreckreation. And might we get a first proper look at the publisher's South Park game, teased at the end of least year's show?

It doesn't sound like THQ Nordic will be too stuck for titles to discuss though; back in August, the company confirmed it currently has 43 games in development, and 25 of those are (or at least were at the time) still unannounced.

fart town usa

Gold Member
That's a fair ways away... is this their way of saying they won't have much at the SGF?

Oh fuck off, you can't be serious? The initial concern around that game faded for me ages ago and now I can't wait to get my freaking hands on it.
Fuck off is a bit strong.

And yes, I'm much more interested in a reboot for a series that has always had massive potential but never quite got there. I also like pulp stuff and the reboot seems to be swimming in it.

Chill out bruh.

Fuck off is a bit strong.

And yes, I'm much more interested in a reboot for a series that has always had massive potential but never quite got there. I also like pulp stuff and the reboot seems to be swimming in it.

Chill out bruh.

Well I mean if you take it personally then yeah. It was intended to be like Biden and his come on man.

I love both series but Alone in the Dark will never succeed because it just doesn't get the design it needs. A new nightmare was a great game until it started getting ridiculous. It needs a lot more... I'm not sure if the word.... Development of the core of what it is to succeed. It's like how resident evil went off the rails with 5 and 6.

Alone in the Dark 4 was pure garbage though. I hated that one. Hated myself for wasting £40 at launch on it

Mr Hyde

Excited for Alone in the Dark. So far it looks great, but I need to see more gameplay. The 50s setting and pulpy nature is intriguing, crossing fingers for a more Lovecraftian-esque vibe to it. Last Alone in the Dark I played was New Nightmare on PS1 sometime in the 90s -2000. Good shit from what I can remember. Maybe it's time for a new playthrough. Get into the mood for the reboot!

Last edited:

Banned
I'm keeping my hype in check for AITD but I'm really looking forward to it.

For me personally, I'm infinitely more interested in the AITD reboot than I am SH2.

Calling it now, AITD will be the better game. 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Bookmark this post.

given that one is made by Bloober and the other isn't, thats a save bet

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Only interested in Remnant 2 which could be out before this showcase and only other game im hoping for is Darksiders IV with Strife as the protagonist.

currently has 43 games in development, and 25 of those are (or at least were at the time) still unannounced.
that this is just one branch of the embracer tree is just crazy.
Many of those will not be must haves but still as a whole better for us. I rather have interesting rough around the edges games, than only a few games everyone has to like. Especially with AB it seems like the A part is only doing CoD now and that's quite bland.

SaintALia

Last Alone in the Dark was that shitty multiplayer game right? Ah, it's too bad any new entry won't even try to be as ambitious as that 360 version many moons ago, but that's probably for the best. I'm guessing it'll probably play like The Evil Within.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Well I mean if you take it personally then yeah. It was intended to be like Biden and his come on man.

I love both series but Alone in the Dark will never succeed because it just doesn't get the design it needs. A new nightmare was a great game until it started getting ridiculous. It needs a lot more... I'm not sure if the word.... Development of the core of what it is to succeed. It's like how resident evil went off the rails with 5 and 6.

Alone in the Dark 4 was pure garbage though. I hated that one. Hated myself for wasting £40 at launch on it
Inferno is honestly pretty solid for what it is. Definitely has it's issues but Inferno is such an interesting game. It takes a HL2 to approach to environmental puzzles and I recognize how absurd that sounds, lol. Not sure if you played the 360 version or not, I heard that one was really rough.

AITD can totally succeed, just needs the right approach and polish. I also have more trust with THQ Nordic than I did with Infogrames/Atari.

Only time will tell but I'm definitely getting it Day 1. I'll probably get SH2 as well but considering the I can readily play OG SH2, I'm just not hyped for the remake. OG game is fine for me.

Kadve

Inferno is honestly pretty solid for what it is. Definitely has it's issues but Inferno is such an interesting game. It takes a HL2 to approach to environmental puzzles and I recognize how absurd that sounds, lol. Not sure if you played the 360 version or not, I heard that one was really rough.

AITD can totally succeed, just needs the right approach and polish. I also have more trust with THQ Nordic than I did with Infogrames/Atari.

Only time will tell but I'm definitely getting it Day 1. I'll probably get SH2 as well but considering the I can readily play OG SH2, I'm just not hyped for the remake. OG game is fine for me.
The problem is that there is nothing "Alone In The Dark About it". Might aswell have made it an original IP.

Top Bottom