• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, a game that didn't win the test of time

Mr Hyde

I have New Nightmare on PS2 and I just can't get into it, despite loving the premise and the RE-styled gameplay. I remember it being very slow and obtuse, playing like shit. Perhaps I boot it up sometime.

Last edited:
In hindsight I kind of wish I had at least tried the newer AitD games myself. Sure they got panned by reviews but those are people I don't trust at all anymore. Maybe I trusted them too much back in the day.

The original AitD trilogy stands far above the likes of Resident Evil for me.

edit: TFW you respond to an old thread with basically the same take you posted a year ago in the exact same thread.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
In hindsight I kind of wish I had at least tried the newer AitD games myself. Sure they got panned by reviews but those are people I don't trust at all anymore. Maybe I trusted them too much back in the day.

The original AitD trilogy stands far above the likes of Resident Evil for me.

edit: TFW you respond to an old thread with basically the same take you posted a year ago in the exact same thread.
Inferno on the PS3 is pretty cool. It's janky as shit but is really trying hard for something. You can literally just skip ahead to the next checkpoint if you want. It's not unplayable but you will definitely experience bugs and clipping. Most of them are funny, especially when driving.

I like New Nightmare, it's alot harder than I remember but the atmosphere is still top notch. Beat it on the DC as a kid, just have the PSX version via PS3 now and boot it up here and there. Played a decent chunk of it a few months back.

Also, I have to wear headphones with something playing in order to fall asleep. A few months back I fell asleep to audio of the AITD movie. Why that? Just because, slept each night for like a week straight to AITD, lol.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
Inferno on the PS3 is pretty cool. It's janky as shit but is really trying hard for something. You can literally just skip ahead to the next checkpoint if you want. It's not unplayable but you will definitely experience bugs and clipping. Most of them are funny, especially when driving.

I like New Nightmare, it's alot harder than I remember but the atmosphere is still top notch. Beat it on the DC as a kid, just have the PSX version via PS3 now and boot it up here and there. Played a decent chunk of it a few months back.

Also, I have to wear headphones with something playing in order to fall asleep. A few months back I fell asleep to audio of the AITD movie. Why that? Just because, slept each night for like a week straight to AITD, lol.

quirky game for sure.

Top Bottom