• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Am I the only one the wears a watch on the right arm?

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
It's still not as weird as wearing a watch upside down. I mean okay it's easier to check the time, but it looks weird af.

Last edited:

Marvel

could never
Don't wear a watch but if I did it would be on my right as I'm right handed. Never knew it was weird...

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

I wear it on my right, but I'm left handed so I guess that's why. I don't see anything weird with it though, nor have I gotten any comments about it. People who think it's weird or making comments about it should shut the fuck up and mind their own business.

Halcyon

It's weird because mobile phones show the time.

A) Watches are amazing pieces of engineering even to this day
B) In a world of square black smartphones and smart watches, it's a good style differentiator.
C) Most are waterproof
D) It's easier to see the time in business meetings or doing something when pulling out a phone would be rude.
E) You never have to charge most watches. You can be shipwrecked and your submariner will function and work reliably for a hundred years.

My watch collection, left hand because I wipe ass with my right.

Just realizes I have to sync my watches...

L8rkNsu

L8rkNsu

Last edited:

HoodWinked

You put it on the left arm because you fiddle with it with your dominant hand.

If it's on the wrong arm it should feel odd to manipulate, if it doesn't maybe you're ambidextrous

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
A) Watches are amazing pieces of engineering even to this day
B) In a world of square black smartphones and smart watches, it's a good style differentiator.
C) Most are waterproof
D) It's easier to see the time in business meetings or doing something when pulling out a phone would be rude.
E) You never have to charge most watches. You can be shipwrecked and your submariner will function and work reliably for a hundred years.
A) Xbox and PlayStation are too, but that does not mean I wear one on my wrist
B) I'm not superficial enough to care.
C) I am land bound. My phone is sufficiently water proof that I can take a look at it when it is raining
D) Luckily, all rooms at my workplace have a clock.
E) When I am shipwrecked I don't care how late it is.

eMPOK

I wear it on my right arm because my left is covered with tattoos.

Go on, burn me at a stake. I'll take you with me :messenger_squinting_tongue:

dr_octagon

Banned
It's weird because mobile phones show the time.
I wear a cheap Casio watch to discourage people from robbing me. They are too busy feeling pity that I have a plastic timepiece on my wrist and ignore the large amounts of cocaine in my bag.

Last edited:

Ovek

7Member7
I’m left handed so I’ve always put it on my right wrist.

Yes I suppose it’s “weird” but only the righty norms.

Sakura

When I wore watches I would wear it on my right hand as well.
You are supposed to wear it on the opposite of your dominant hand, so when you are writing something you can check the time and shit.
But who the fuck actually writes any more? Seems kind of irrelevant in the modern day. 90% of people are just wearing them for fashion anyway and not functionality.

Nester99

I thought it was opposite of main hand. For access while holding/doing stuff and if you fall it’s less likely to break as the dominant arm braces the fall.

VGEsoterica

Isn't the arm you wear your watch on down to "handedness"....because honestly I'd rather wear mine on the right but it always interferes with anything I am doing as I am right handed

BigBooper

It makes me feel too gay honestly. One of those weird social quirks. I knew about the earring in the right ear hinting at a love for man butt, but never heard anything about that regarding watches. It just seemed that way for some reason.

Same with wearing belts left to right vs right to left. I guess it probably has something to do with men's clothing tradition regarding zipper and button placement, where the left side always covers the right.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
The weird thing is I’m right handed and used to wear watches on my right arm. With switching to smart watches, now they’re on my left arm because I’m right handed. Dad once told me a long time ago that women wears watches on their right and men on their left for no reason it just happened like that.

Top Bottom