• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Luna to lose 53 games this month. Reduces library to 175 games.

It's the biggest joke in the industry. The way many talking heads in the video game's media has been saying streaming will kill the console is once again proven to be a lie! It's as if they were getting paid to say these things.

I mean they basically where's some of the companies putting ou those interviews were brought out or ended up being partners. I wouldn't be surprised if for the rest there was some under the table cash shifting hands.

Although some people were genuinely thinking consoles were doomed too.

Genuinely curious how many people have actually tried Luna.

Their subscription model is perfect - Flat fee for access to all games. It just doesn't have the library to back it up. Also, I encountered minimal issues when using Luna. I found Xbox's game streaming to be noticeably worse.

Thing is Amazon has done a bad job letting people know what Luna is for them to try, and the separate Amazon gaming thing doesn't help with the confusion either for the average person.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Thing is Amazon has done a bad job letting people know what Luna is for them to try, and the separate Amazon gaming thing doesn't help with the confusion either for the average person.

The biggest problem is demand. Not enough people care about streaming games at the moment. It's a cool addition for hardcore gamers. Most average people don't care for streaming games like that.

MikeM

It's sex dungeon for amazonians.
Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

wolywood

I hate to say it, but it's kinda clear that if cloud is a thing you're tied to azure to make it feasible. Even PSNow and some Nintendo cloud titles are on Azure
From a technical standpoint Stadia was miles ahead of the Azure based cloud gaming platforms (Game Pass, PS Now) but obviously that was a Google Graveyard casualty. So you're probably right.

Fahdis

Lol, another "insecure box" boys thread. Here let me make this clear. Any Cloud service not offering instant backwards compatibility with prior ecosystems without owning your games will fail. No one will buy games on the Cloud without having secondary hardware options. All of them will die except for GFN/PSNow/XCloud.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Cloud gaming will continue to be garbage and niche. You need hardware to run these games, they make it sound as if they are magically run with one giant server. Sony's current model is the most cost efficent making it mostly download-based and sell the consoles instead of putting them in cloud servers.

I play on Gamepass Cloud quite a bit, but I never really thought of trying Luna. The big difference is that they never really had any must have exclusive games. Like seriously, I can play half or more of their games on Gamepass right now, and a bunch more of them were free at some point on other services. Looking at what is left we are talking about AA heaven, but with many older titles that I have already played or already own. Even as an Amazon Prime member, I just don't care about trying it at all.

LRKD

If I were a gamepass user, I'd be worried that something like this happens to Gamepass in the future. ATM they seem to be good at rotating new games in as old ones leave, but as it goes on it might be loose 3, gain 2 until it whittles down the selection. or maybe it'll stay consistent in size, but quality drops like a rock like gwg and ps+ free games have done in the past couple years. The one good thing about gamepass tho is all the Xbox 1st party games should be always available on it, and they have a lot of good 1st party games. Meanwhile Amazon has ??? nothing? Maybe someday they get some of their own games but honestly, I hate amazon and hope they fail before they get far enough to have a library of their own.

Drizzlehell

Banned
What the hell is Amazon Luna? Never even heard of it before now, lol.

Cloud gaming taking over is just wishful thinking from people who happen to have decent internet and don't care about their games looking like they're playing through a 2005 DivX codec. For most others this doesn't cut the mustard when you have far superior and readily available options right at your fingertips.

Top Bottom