• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Prime Gaming "free" games for December 2021

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Pd6kIBW.png

• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit – Players are challenged to have a heart-pumping racing experience which radiates the thrill of the chase and the rush of escape as they jump behind the wheels of the world’s hottest high-performance cars.
  • Frostpunk – Rule the last city on Earth by managing both its citizens and its infrastructure in this society survival game from 11 bit studios.
  • Journey to the Savage Planet – As the newest recruit of Kindred Aerospace, the fourth best interstellar space exploration company, players will determine if the ARY-26 planet is fit for humans with limited experience and equipment. Good luck!
  • Football Manager 2021 – In this dynamic, true-to-life management experience, players are encouraged to develop skills and command success to become the beating heart of every football club as they strive to achieve elite managerial status.
  • Morkredd – In this physics-based co-op puzzle game, players must master the unique dual-character controls and prove their loyalty as they unlock a world of dark secrets and uncover a challenging balance of light and shadows.
  • Spellcaster University – Players can take on the role of director at a magical university nestled deep in a colorful world of heroic fantasy. As the director, players must build rooms, train students, fight orcs, slay the bureaucrats and manage a budget… and beware, a director’s life is not a quiet one.
  • Youtubers Life – Create videos, gain subscribers, attend events, interact with fans and grow a channel as players strive to become the most successful YouTuber on the planet!
  • Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse – Travel back in time to 1959 in the city of Punchbowl, PA., where law and order are no match for a dead man on a mission.
  • Tales of Monkey Island Complete Pack – Explosively strip the evil pirate LeChuck of his demonic mojo, as players take on the role of Guybrush Threepwood who inadvertently infects the entire Caribbean with the arch-fiend’s expelled voodoo, which threatens to transform buccaneers into unruly pirate monsters.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Those games are just to play on PC, right?
Yes, PC only. Most will require Amazon's launcher. Need for Speed will definitely be an Origin key.

Pejo

Jeeze I didn't know this existed until now. Wonder if I missed anything good in the past. I redeemed DA: Inquisition on Origin, not bad for "free".

CeeJay

I didn't know it was on console.

How does it feel with a controller? Have you done several runs or trying to learn and win on the same one?
Because the gameplay is focused on a small area and you can pretty much see the entire camp on the screen it doesn't suffer the issue you tend to get with strategy games feeling clunky on a controller while trying to move around quickly and manage everything. Plays really nicely on controller from what I can remember. I played it on Gamepass a while ago, it's still on there.

jshackles

Jeeze I didn't know this existed until now. Wonder if I missed anything good in the past. I redeemed DA: Inquisition on Origin, not bad for "free".
Here's my list, pretty sure it's mostly complete but there might have been some stuff I missed:

2021-11
Demon Hunter 2: New Chapter, Liberated, BAFL - Brakes Are For Losers, Secret Files: Sam Peters, Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos, Puzzle Agent 2, Control Ultimate Edition (GOG), Dragon Age: Inquisition (Origin), Rise of the Tomb Raider (Epic)

2021-10
Wallace & Gromit: Fright of the Bumblebees, Red Wings: Aces of the Sky, Wallace & Gromit: The Last Resort, Blue Fire, Tiny Robots Recharged, Song of Horror Complete Edition, Secret Files 3, Wallace & Gromit: Muzzled!, Wallace & Gromit: The Bogey Man, Whiskey & Zombies: Great Southern Zombie Escape, Alien: Isolation (Epic), Ghostrunner (GOG), Star Wars Squadrons (Origin)

2021-09
Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis, Unmemory, Candleman: The Complete Journey, Puzzle Agent, Sam and Max Hit the Road, Tools Up!, Knockout City (Origin)

2021-08
Secret Files: Tunguska, Metamorphosis, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, A Normal Lost Phone, Planet Alpha, Another Lost Phone: Laura's Story, Lost Horizon 2, Battlefield V (Origin)

2021-07
Tales of the Neon Sea, The Wanderer: Frankenstein's Creature, Batman - The Enemy Within, Automachef, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, RAD, Portal Dogs, Battlefield 1 (Origin)

2021-06
Spitkiss, Mugsters, Batman - The Telltale Series, Lost in Harmony, Newfound Courage, BFF or Diet, Battlefield 4 (Origin)

2021-05
A Blind Legend, Yoku's Island Express, The Blind Prophet, Beholder, Healer's Quest, Frog Climbers, Mana Spark, Bombslinger, Faraway: Director's Cut

2021-04
Moving Out, Aces of the Luftwaffe - Squadron, Before I Forget, Move or Die - Couch Party Edition, The Escapists, Edgar - Bokbok in Boulzac, Figment, Iris and the Giant, Do Not Feed the Monkeys

2021-03
Boomerang Fu, SkyDrift, Blasphemous, Tengami, Bomber Crew Deluxe, The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics, Escape Machine City: Airborne, Simsanity!, Optica

2021-02
Table Manners, Swimsanity! - Couch Party Edition, Monster Prom: Hotseat, Stealth Bastard Deluxe, Spinch, Sine Mora Ex, The Academy: The First Riddle, Adventures of Chris, Strata

2021-01
Void Bastards, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong, Along the Edge, Alt Frequencies, Bridge Constructor Playground, Little Big Workshop, Algo Bot, Cyber Hook, Sword Legacy: Omen

2020-12
HyperDot, Wizard of Legend, Sigma Theory: Global Cold War, Turmoil, Close to the Sun, Overcooked, Sheltered, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, Yooka-Laylee, Battlefield 3 (Origin)

2020-11
A Knight's Quest, Smoke and Sacrifice, Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan, Victor Vran Overkill Edition, Lethis - Path of Progress, The Spectrum Retreat, Lost Horizon, Ironcast, Genesis Alpha One Deluxe Edition, Bridge Constructor: Medieval

2020-10
Dead Age, Surf World Series, Layers of Fear, Silver Chains, Jay and Silent Bob: Mall Brawl, Extreme Exorcism, The Occupation!, Stick it to The Man!, Deadlight: Director's Cut, KONA, The Darkside Detective

2020-09
Pumped BMX Pro, Effie, Outcast - Second Contact, Tiny Troopers: Joint Ops, Autonauts, SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell, Bridge Constructor, QUBE 2, SNK Pack 3 (The Last Blade 2, Samurai Shodown V Special, The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match, The King of Fighters 97 Global Match, Shock Troopers, The King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match Final Edition, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Metal Slug 3), Vostok Inc.

2020-08
Shaq Fu: A Legend Reborn, WARSAW, Treachery in Beatdown City, Blazing Chrome, Chroma Squad, Impulsion, Tempest: Pirate Action RPG, The Inner World, Truberbrook

2020-07
Kunai, Dear Esther: Landmark Edition, Dark Devotion, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, GRIP: Combat Racing, SNK Pack 2 (40th Anniversary Collection, Sengoku 3, King of the Monsters, Ironclad, Metal Slug 2, Shock Troopers 2nd Squad, Baseball Stars 2), Dead in Vinland, NeuroVoider, Dungeon Rushers, Vane, Melbits World

2020-06
>observer_, Project Warlock, Forsaken Remastered, The Flame in the Flood, Steel Rats, Dream Daddy, Reus, Mad Tracks, PictoQuest

2020-05
Snake Pass, Urban Trial Playground, The Little Acre, Avicii Invector, Pankapu, Fractured Minds, Anna's Quest, Silence, The Last Tinker: City of Colors, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, SNK Pack 1 (The King of Fighters 2002, Samurai Showdown II, Blazing Star, Pulstar, Fatal Fury Special, The King of Fighters 2000), Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood, The Last Tinker: City of Colors

2020-04
Lightmatter, Etherborn, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, Kathy Rain, Earthlock, Yono and the Celestial Elephants, Old School Musical

2020-03
Bomber Crew, Whispers of a Machine, Mugsters, Furi, Epistory - Typing Chronicles

2020-02
Desert Child, American Fugitive, Steredenn, Narcos: Rise of the Cartels, White Night

2020-01
Dandara, Anarcute, Kingdom: New Lands, A Normal Lost Phone, Splasher

2019-12 (Monthly and Devolver Bundle)
ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove!, Hue, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong, Hover: Revolt of Gamers, Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter, Enter the Gungeon, Ape Out, Witcheye, Gato Roboto, Heave Ho

2019-11
Darksiders 2, Sword Legacy Omen, Planet Alpha, Turmoil, Double Cross

2019-10
Stranger Things 3, The Walking Dead: Michonne, Deadlight: Director's Cut, Adam Wolfe (Episodes 1-4), Serial Cleaner

2019-09
Yoku's Island Express, Chicken Assassin Reloaded, Manual Samuel, Stealth Inc. 2

2019-08
Automachef, Mable & The Wood, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Pumped BMX Pro

2019-07
Yooka-Laylee, Cultist Simulator, The Escapists, For The King

2019-06
The Metronomicon: Slay the Dance Floor, Aegis Defenders, Stikbold, 10 Second Ninja X

2019-05
The Little Acre, Whispering Willows, Stealth Bastard, Majesty Master Collection

2019-04
Inner Space, Keep in Mind: Remastered, Her Story, Joggernauts

2019-03
Snake Pass, The King's Bird, Star Vikings Forever, Kabounce

2019-02
Dear Esther, Downwell, Draknek & Co Puzzle Bundle, The Flame in the Flood

2019-01
Bomber Crew, Orwell S1 & S2, Republique, Hyper Light Drifter, Pikuniku

2018-12 Devolver Bonus
The Messenger, The Swords of Ditto, Hotline Miami 1 & 2, Broforce, Crossing Souls, STRAFE

2018-12
Hacknet Complete Edition, Poi, Smoke and Sacrifice, SNK Bundle

2018-11
AER, Overcooked, The Pillars of the Earth, Overload

2018-10
Darksiders, Sanitarium, Soma, System Shock

2018-09
Adventure Pals, Guild of Dungeoneering, Gunpoint, Pumped BMX +, Strife

2018-08
Antihero, Death Squared, Jotun, Steamworld Dig, Wizardry 8

2018-07 Prime Day Countdown
Manual Samuel, Hue, Deponia Doomsday, >observer_, Broken Age, Serial Cleaner, Q.U.B.E. 2, Metal Slug 3, The Last Blade, Twinkle Star Sprites, Pillars of Eternity, Battle Chef Brigade, GoNNER, Next Up Hero, Uurnog Uurnlimited, Tacoma, Tyranny, The Red Strings Club, FRAMED Collection, Brütal Legend, The Bridge

2018-06
Tumblestone, Treadnauts, Starfe, The Banner Saga 1 & 2

2018-05
High Hell, I Hope, Gone Home, Cluster Truck, Titan Souls, Psychonauts

2018-04
Steamworld Dig 2, Kingsway, Tales from the Borderlands, Dubwars, Tokyo 42

2018-03
Tomb of Annihilation, Oxenfree, Mr. Shifty, SuperHot, Shadow Tactics, Devil May Cry HD

2018-02
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition

2018-01
Headlander, Tales from the Borderlands, Cursed Castilla

2017-12
SteamWorld Heist, SuperHot, System Shock 2, Frozen Cortex, Forzen Synapse

2017-11
The Flame in the Flood
DubWars

2017-10
Layers of Fear

2017-08
Day of the Tentacle Remastered

2017-06
Gone Home

2017-05
Deponia, Oxenfree, Titan Souls

2017-04
Kentucky Route Zero, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, Breach & Clear

2017-03
Hard Reset Redux, The Banner Saga 2, Zombie Night Terror, Candle

2017-02
RunGunJumpGun, Kathy Rain, The Banner Saga

2017-01
Heavy Bullets

2016-12
The Walking Dead Season 1 (first Game with Prime), The Walking Dead Season 2, Drawful 2

2016-11
Punch Club, This War of Mine

2016-10
Streamline

jshackles

Amazon Prime is better than many services at this point.
I'd agree with this, but it probably speaks more to the fact that other services seem to have gotten a lot worse while Amazon's gotten objectively better.

jshackles

Amazon has a games launcher? Eww.
It used to be the Twitch Launcher, nowadays it's completely spun off in it's own thing.

It's... okay? Pretty basic, but really functional.

A8hk1jH.png

jshackles

Drew1440

Honestly didn't know Amazon had a games launcher on PC, wonder how it will integrate with their upcoming Luna service?

drotahorror

I have more than enough launchers, but thanks.

Besides the Origin and EGS codes, all amazon prime games are DRM free and do not require a launcher to start the game.

(you do have to create your own shortcut though, don't use the shortcut that automatically shows up).

example :
cRyQ09v.jpg

You have to do the same thing with GoG games too for the most part. If I download Control Ultimate Edition, the shortcut it creates on my desktop opens the Gog Galaxy client. But I can manually go to Control's directory and create a desktop shortcut (or add to Steam, etc) and run the game without the Gog Galaxy Launcher.

Seriously, if you got some shit against Amazon Gaming launcher, then you don't like DRM free games and you don't like Gog either.

Last edited:

Irobot82

Besides the Origin and EGS codes, all amazon prime games are DRM free and do not require a launcher to start the game.

(you do have to create your own shortcut though, don't use the shortcut that automatically shows up).

example :
cRyQ09v.jpg

You have to do the same thing with GoG games too for the most part. If I download Control Ultimate Edition, the shortcut it creates on my desktop opens the Gog Galaxy client. But I can manually go to Control's directory and create a desktop shortcut (or add to Steam, etc) and run the game without the Gog Galaxy Launcher.

Seriously, if you got some shit against Amazon Gaming launcher, then you don't like DRM free games and you don't like Gog either.
You get paid for this or something? You sound like a Salesman. I got enough launchers, 4 more than I want. I'm ok, honestly. I'm good. It's ok to miss out on things.

drotahorror

You get paid for this or something? You sound like a Salesman. I got enough launchers, 4 more than I want. I'm ok, honestly. I'm good. It's ok to miss out on things.

I don't care whether you use it or not. Was only trying to show you that it's not that evil or obtrusive. Since games don't need the launcher I definitely prefer it over uplay and origin. I dunno, DRM free is a better choice than Ubi and EA's DRM.

jshackles

Games are now available:

Need for Speed is an Origin Code
Frostpunk and Journey to the Savage Planet are both GOG keys
The rest are direct through the Amazon launcher

jshackles

I'm not really sure what happened to Football Manager 2021...

Patrick S.

Banned
These games are not ""free"" free. You keep them forever, not like PS Plus or Gold Live games you lose access to the second your subscription ends. For the little money an Amazon Prime sub costs, it's fucking AMAZING value.

jshackles

These games are not ""free"" free. You keep them forever, not like PS Plus or Gold Live games you lose access to the second your subscription ends. For the little money an Amazon Prime sub costs, it's fucking AMAZING value.
I put "free" in the title because there's always some idiot that comes into these threads and says "Well - amazon prime costs money, so these aren't free".

I agree, it's an amazing value. I only subscribe for the free shipping, but having streaming movies and a half dozen or more free games (to keep) every month is definitely a nice bonus.

Top Bottom