• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon redefines the meaning of "Essential"

I just bought my first handgun and ordered a lockbox for it on Saturday and it arrived Monday. I'm glad that was considered essential.

They are a proven therapy for treating hysterics in the fairer sex. Completely essential!

Amazon has been weird, but to be fair, its hard to say what is essential. I needed filters for my cats water fountain, I selected the ship-whenever option as they arent essential and I can wait several weeks if need be to get them and they arrived the next day.

Lrnex

I know next to nothing about tech but it’s still satisfying watching that guy restore boards and other electronics.

Also pretty much any good you buy can be classed as essential if you try hard enough.

Gargus

Banned
That's about stupid.

That's as dumb as saying "the grocery store that's open because its essential because it sells food and medicine. But they also sell ice cube trays so I guess they are essential also LOL!!!!!!" Yeah Amazon is staying open but that doesn't mean they won't still sell things not considered essential

daveonezero

Banned
So true. Essential is so subjective. It is scary amount of control.

That's about stupid.

That's as dumb as saying "the grocery store that's open because its essential because it sells food and medicine. But they also sell ice cube trays so I guess they are essential also LOL!!!!!!" Yeah Amazon is staying open but that doesn't mean they won't still sell things not considered essential
its the fact that amazon is determining what is and isn't essential for everyone. Some people need things that they have deemed non-essential.

Last edited:

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
I think this probably has a lot to do with delivery capacity in an area and whether the item is stocked at nearby distribution or not. Just guessing about that, but it makes a certain amount of sense.

Top Bottom