• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon schedule Red Dead Redemption Remastered for Dec 10th and then delete the page

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Edit 2:

So, Rackstar Mag as just posted an article and well, it seems this compilation of the two games remastered is true.
They are trustworthy and don't do fake statement, and have be right a lot of time in the past.

Translated from French:

"Let's start with the probable fake of the day with this Amazon file which was leaked this afternoon on Twitter. Shared by an account accustomed to fake news, we find absolutely no Amazon cached links on search engines, nor links to find the record in question. In addition, the mention “Xbox Series X

There is therefore a very high chance that this ad is fake. Another fake is the famous “Red Dead Redemption Remaster” search on Amazon.com which is getting a lot of talk as well. When you do this search on Google, you come across these results:

When you click on the two links, nothing is displayed. This is simply an automatic request following a lot of research by fans. But to date, no “Red Dead Redemption Remaster” or “Red Dead Redemption The Outlaws Collection” listing has existed on Amazon.com.

In June, just before “The Futur of Gaming” event, I had fun teasing you on an announcement during the month. At the time, we had to find out the first information about the GTA Online update (which was partially canceled and postponed due to the Black Lives Mater and COVID).
But I also told you that we should "rediscover" Red Dead Redemption II. In fact, the RDR2 remaster for PS5 should have been announced at the PS5 event. And the remaster of the first Red Dead Redemption was due to be announced on or later in the year.
Against all expectations, this announcement was canceled and replaced by that of GTA V on next-gen (hence the lack of trailer and first next-gen images of the game from Rockstar).

Thus, we can confirm that for several months now, the “Red Dead Redemption” Remaster project has been underway at Rockstar.
Also according to our information, the release of this compilation was scheduled for spring 2021 (our information dates back to May 2020, before the announcement of GTA V instead of RDR 2 during the PS5 event).
Last month, during the week of October 16, Rockstar Dundee joined the ranks of the firm. Upon the takeover, Sam Houser and Take Two said this new studio is working on an unannounced new game (a new game, not a new license). Also last month, at the same time and still according to our sources, we announced that the Dundee studio could work on a Remaster. If so, that would mean that Rockstar Dundee has been working on this project for over a year now.

Only thing I have for proof is this:
unknown.png

The page is down now but it's not the first time RDR Remastered pop up so, finger crossed !!

For the record:

Edit: debunked
unknown.png

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I hope we see an RDR2 update as well at match some of the higher PC settings

Whatever they're going to do with GTAV for next gen, I assume would happen for RDR2 as well. Better settings, 60fps mode* (*wishful thinking maybe, the way R* handles things)... etc.. LOL

As for this, yes, this needs to happen with the new engine and gameplay systems. The animations alone in the original are too goofy now.

Last edited:

NickFire

If this is true I hope there's an upgrade option if no free upgrade is part of the announcement. I was digging the story but one day put down the controller and never picked it up again. Even on a Pro the game was just to slow (mechanics and travel) to keep my attention. A remaster would be a dream situation.

Hezekiah

Banned
Whatever they're going to do with GTAV for next gen, I assume would happen for RDR2 as well. Better settings, 60fps mode* (*wishful thinking maybe, the way R* handles things)... etc.. LOL

As for this, yes, this needs to happen with the new engine and gameplay systems. The animations alone in the original are too goofy now.
New engine?? Surely the engine is more than advanced enough, it just requires more powerful hardware to run it.

I've got it on PC, and I really think running it at '4k' at 60fps will really push the next gen consoles as it is. Would be surprised if the revisit the animations aswell.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The original runs fabulously on One X and SeX so an HD remaster alone doesn’t pique my interest.

If they used the RDR2 engine though and recreated it then hell yeah I’d be on board.

Rumors says it is entirely remade in the RDR II engine, with cut content added (that's why actors have been called back) and gameplay features from RDR II added. Also, RDR 1 never make it to the PC so a remake it's absolutely needed just for this reason. And I don't want to play it on my 360 again after RDR II....

I NEED IT IN MY VEINS GIVE ME THIS REMAKE

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
New engine?? Surely the engine is more than advanced enough, it just requires more powerful hardware to run it.

I've got it on PC, and I really think running it at '4k' at 60fps will really push the next gen consoles as it is. Would be surprised if the revisit the animations aswell.

What are you talking about?

This is RDR1 in the OP, the "new engine," I am referring to the evolution they use for RDR2 over the jankfest RDR1. Want to see RDR1 running with the RDR2's version of the engine, animations, gameplay systems, etc..

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The date makes me think it's true. I certainly hope so...

MrMephistoX

Rumors says it is entirely remade in the RDR II engine, with cut content added (that's why actors have been called back) and gameplay features from RDR II added. Also, RDR 1 never make it to the PC so a remake it's absolutely needed just for this reason. And I don't want to play it on my 360 again after RDR II....

I NEED IT IN MY VEINS GIVE ME THIS REMAKE

Absolutely I tried it after RDR2 and it was neat to see it running so well but I can’t get back into the gameplay. Kind of like trying to play Mass Effect 1 after getting used to the setup in 2 and 3...which sucks because I actually love the story of ME1 the best out of the series and the more RPG like focus on weapons damage etc it’s just the controls are shit.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
The date makes me think it's true. I certainly hope so...

I would love this to be true, as S Slings and Arrows pointed, a surprise announcement at the Game Awards would be something BIG. And I can clearly see R* wanting to put some light on them just when Cyberpunk 2077 is releasing, like "hey, don't forget who is the BOSS"
But it's 2020, one of the worst years since a loooong time so this just sounds like a "too good to be true" situation

I want the entirety of RDR to be like RDR 2, feel, look... all that shit... not sure how much effort that would take.

Nothing R* can't do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine if they make the first one with the same graphic quality of the sequel...

Dreaming is free.

Doubt that will happen. I'm expecting just an up-res/cleaning up of assets from the original and a PC port. I'll be happy with that, to be honest.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Just give RDR the GTAV remaster treatment. I don't want a remake. I want a PC port with upgraded textures, AF 16X 60 fps and extended draw distance.

Time for rockstar to pay it's due with pc gamers

Dorohedoro

Imagine if they make the first one with the same graphic quality of the sequel...

Dreaming is free.
If they did this I hope they recorded a few extra lines and mention Arthur and/or the old gang members here and there, felt weird when I beat it after I beat RDR2 and it was like "Who?"

ExKing

says GAF is a racist board but still wants to be a part of it...
If they can remaster that horrendous gameplay, I'll be in. But it will never happen.

Hezekiah

Banned
What are you talking about?

This is RDR1 in the OP, the "new engine," I am referring to the evolution they use for RDR2 over the jankfest RDR1. Want to see RDR1 running with the RDR2's version of the engine, animations, gameplay systems, etc..
Oh shit my bad, was thinking of RDR2 for some reason 😁.

Hugare

They've already updated the maps in RDR 2, so hopefuly, it will be using RDR 2's graphics and etc.

This is big for me. RDR is one of my GOATS, but RDR 2 was such a huge letdown.

A "remaster" with better textures and 4k would be pointless when you have BC on the Xbox

So thats why I'm thinking that this will be more like a remake

Kuranghi

This is amazing news, still haven't bothered with RDR 2 after playing 10-12 hours, just couldn't be fucked with it because the hunting experience was simultaneously great and terrible all at once. So I gave up on that and then I just kept killing people by accident and alerting the "police" and going for 25 minutes chases because I didnt want to kill everyone lol.

It was my biggest letdown ever I'd say, I'm gonna give it another go on next-gen/when I upgrade my PC, not any time soon though. This would be a great holdover to get an RDR fix.

Top Bottom