• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiga game collection coming to Evercade

Agent X

It's an "announcement of an announcement", but one that could appeal to fans of classic computer games.

Yeah, the Evercade's finally getting Amiga games!

This seems to be a collection of games from a single publisher, similar to the majority of Evercade cartridges, rather than something like Indie Heroes or TheC64 collections that feature an assortment of games from multiple publishers.

So which publisher is it? I've seen some speculation on AtariAge that it could be a publisher that already has another collection out, such as Team 17, Gremlin, or The Bitmap Brothers. You could look toward the lineup of games built into TheA500 Mini for some ideas, since Blaze (makers of Evercade) and Retro Games (makers of TheC64, TheC64 Mini, and TheA500 Mini) previously collaborated on TheC64 collections for Evercade.

Ozzie666

I mean Psygnosis, Core Design, Gremlin, Cinemaware or Lucasfilms would be epic.

Lotus 1,2,3, Top Gear, Super cars 1,2, Harlequin, Video kid, Pegasus, Zool, Zool 2, Disposable Hero, Utopia, Venus Fly trap, Switch blade 1 and 2. So much variety.

Wings, 3 Stooges, Rocket Ranger, Defender of the Crown, Lords of the Rising Sun, It came from the Desert + expansion, TV sports Football, basketball and baseball. No sport licenses to worry about.

Psygnosis speaks for itself. But I am guessing it will be Team 17.

Readysoft would be funny. Dragon's lair series, Space ace series, Guy spy, Wrath of the Demon.

Just not Ocean or US Gold please!

Since Amiga is associated with Europ, I guess we can expect a European publisher.

CamHostage

Excellent, the UK gaming market doesn't get enough respect or retrospective releases. I hope this Evercade pack is a good selection.

Psygnosis would be amazing (come on, Sony, be a friend and open up the vaults...), and a couple others mentioned by O Ozzie666 sound like nice packs this time or in the future. Going by what's previously been licensed in other packs, it seems likely Team17, with the Alien Breeds and some other stuff like ATR and Project X and Qwak (Worms already has an Evercade pack of its own,) but I've been surprised by what Evercade can pick up in the past.

It has to be The Bitmap Brothers, right? If The Chaos Engine, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, Xenon 2: Megablast aren't included then gtfo.

Evercade already has a cartridge for all of those games, are these not the Amiga versions?

https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/bitmap-brothers-collection-1/

Last edited:

Agent X

I'd love to see a Psygnosis collection. I have serious doubts, though, since Sony doesn't even release those games on their own platforms. It would surely be a pleasant surprise if it were to happen, though

Evercade already has a cartridge for all of those games, are these not the Amiga versions?

https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/bitmap-brothers-collection-1/

No, Evercade hasn't received any Amiga games yet. The Bitmap Brothers Collection 1 consists of Sega Master System, Mega Drive, and PlayStation versions of the games.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
It has to be The Bitmap Brothers, right? If The Chaos Engine, Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, Xenon 2: Megablast aren't included then gtfo.
Rebellion own all the Bitmaps rights now so up to them.

Music licences could also be an issue. Nation 12 / Bomb The Bass / Rhythm King etc.

Last edited:

RAIDEN1

When you think of the Amiga it is sad that it went the way it did...bringing out a half-baked 32 bit console when they were in financial trouble doesn't help either....it was like the precursor to the Dreamcast...(only with no-where near as many gems built for it)

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Yeah they rushed it to market to try and get sales but alienated the games developers by not telling them it was coming out in a couple of weeks.

That and all the stock got siezed didn’t help either.

Last edited:

Agent X

We've now got our answer.

But I am guessing it will be Team 17.

Going by what's previously been licensed in other packs, it seems likely Team17, with the Alien Breeds and some other stuff like ATR and Project X and Qwak (Worms already has an Evercade pack of its own,) but I've been surprised by what Evercade can pick up in the past.

That's right, it's Team17 Collection 1, the third collection of computer games on Evercade, and the first to feature Amiga games. There's even an Amiga logo on the box!

Here are the 10 games that are included:

• Alien Breed Special Edition ‘92
  • Alien Breed II
  • Alien Breed Tower Assault
  • Arcade Pool
  • ATR: All Terrain Racing
  • Body Blows
  • Full Contact
  • Kingpin: Arcade Sports Series Bowling
  • Project X: Special Edition ‘93
  • Qwak

More information can be found on the official Evercade site at the following link:

Ozzie666

We've now got our answer.

That's right, it's Team17 Collection 1, the third collection of computer games on Evercade, and the first to feature Amiga games. There's even an Amiga logo on the box!

Here are the 10 games that are included:

• Alien Breed Special Edition ‘92
  • Alien Breed II
  • Alien Breed Tower Assault
  • Arcade Pool
  • ATR: All Terrain Racing
  • Body Blows
  • Full Contact
  • Kingpin: Arcade Sports Series Bowling
  • Project X: Special Edition ‘93
  • Qwak

More information can be found on the official Evercade site at the following link:

[/URL][/URL]

Not terrible overall, but Final Contact inclusion. I get it was their debut title, but it's absolutely terrible. It's really about the games missing they could have included, maybe there is enough for a Team 17 second edition. Assassin, Body Blow Galactic, Worms. Super Frog, Overdrive, Spiris Legacy (published).

Last edited:

calistan

Dismal selection of games there. The best I can say about them is that at least Team 17 was making native Amiga games, whereas Bitmap Bros was all Atari ST ports.

Top Bottom