• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An object "the size of a small car" has been shot down over Alaska. Confirmed by Pentagon.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion

The U.S. military on Friday afternoon shot down a "high-altitude object" flying over Alaskan airspace and Arctic waters, National Security Council official John Kirby confirmed at the White House.

The Pentagon had been tracking the object over the last 24 hours, he said.

"The object was flying at an altitude of 40,000 feet and posed a reasonable threat to the safety of civilian flight," Kirby told reporters during the White House briefing. "Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of the Pentagon, President Biden ordered the military to down the object and they did and it came inside our territorial waters and those waters right now are frozen."

Fighter aircraft assigned to U.S. Northern Command took down the object "within the last hour," Kirby said around 2:30 p.m. ET. The pilots were able to determine that it was “unmanned” before it was shot down, he added.

Hope the aliens don't mind. I'm sure they have another 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Fbh

The Alien who had just purchased his first small car
dfa.jpg

Toons

Banned
*24 hrs ago*

"Hey man, did you send that peace package to Earth yet? With a sample of our scientific research and some rudimentary tech to egg them along to the next stage? Weve been watching em a while and we think we can really help avert some future crises with our tech and experience!"

"Yeah boss, I sent it out. I can't wait to see how well it is received! We're gonna do some good work there, I just know it!!"

"You made sure not to send it over America or Russia or China, right?"

"Uhhhh.... sure... yeah, yeah I totally send it to like Ireland or something."

Nobody_Important

*24 hrs ago*

"Hey man, did you send that peace package to Earth yet? With a sample of our scientific research and some rudimentary tech to egg them along to the next stage? Weve been watching em a while and we think we can really help avert some future crises with our tech and experience!"

"Yeah boss, I sent it out. I can't wait to see how well it is received! We're gonna do some good work there, I just know it!!"

"You made sure not to send it over America or Russia or China, right?"

"Uhhhh.... sure... yeah, yeah I totally send it to like Ireland or something."
Nah Ireland isn't safe either. Potato cannons have decent range these days.

Send it over Australia. Boomerangs have a very limited range.

Erebus

Has anything similar happened again in recent history? Like a WH representative saying they shot down an “object” that was flying over US territorial area but they don’t know what it is or what its purpose was?

Nobody_Important

Has anything similar happened again in recent history? Like a WH representative saying they shot down an “object” that was flying over US territorial area but they don’t know what it is or what its purpose was?
They know what it was. It was a Chinese drone. They just aren't publicly acknowledging it because tensions with China are already high.

This way the US is just transparent enough to say "Hey we followed that thing for a long time. You didn't fool us. Cut the shit." to China, but are not publicly saying that it was China so that they do not lose face and feel the need to further saber rattle.

Bragr

Banned
They tell us because they dont want people wondering what happened, because of the recent China drone.

If the China drone never happened, you wouldn't hear about it, they shoot down drones and balloons that fly into airspaces all the time.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
“We shot down another Chinese spy aircraft, but we’re not being honest about that so tensions don’t ratchet up further.”
I'm thinking more "we know that this was completely harmless but wanted a do-over on looking decisive so blasted the shit out of it"

So, is it the second air-to-air kill for the F-22 Raptor (after that balloon)? Or do we not know what fighter was used to take it out?

Last edited:

Davesky

At least they won’t be discussing this one for the next 75 years as we will all be dead way before then.

Eotheod

You'd give australia hyper advanced science and tech?? You monster.
I mean, we are developing the first permanent robotic eye soooo. Plus WiFi was ours, so we do have some relative tech capabilities. And we have goonbags.

Top Bottom