• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An object "the size of a small car" has been shot down over Alaska. Confirmed by Pentagon.

RAÏSanÏa

More likely to get a picture of a Big Foot than an extraterrestrial during recovery of the one in the Yukon.

If it's not easily spotted then don't expect to learn much more about it for few months.

"This is rugged country for anybody," Pillai said in interviews with CBC. "Yukoners who have either hiked or hunted in that area would know, there's lots of elevation ... It's big country. So I would assume this will [take] quite a while to get in there and find it."
He said if anyone stumbles across it, they should get the GPS co-ordinates and call the RCMP.
Pillai met with Prime Minister Justin Trudeau Monday morning. In advance of that meeting, he said he expected they would talk about Arctic security as well as infrastructure projects and health care.
Pillai said he was fresh from meetings with other Canadian premiers about the importance of Arctic security when he learned the object had been shot down.
"It was timely," he said of those meetings, adding he's been bringing up such issues for months with other premiers and with the federal government.
Some of the discussions have revolved around modernizing the early warning system and enhancing aerospace radar systems with NORAD.
"I think in a broader sense, we have to take this into consideration. We know that over the next 20 years, the Beaufort Sea is going to be an area where we're going to see more shipping — potentially one of the most significant shipping routes in the world, in the future," he said.
"This is work we have to start now, for the safety of future Yukoners as well as Canadians."

Probably won't help the conspiracy types, but for clarity before any enhancements start happening and being made public to add to their frenzy, those upgrades have been something that's made opinion pieces for years and nothing new. It was seen of some necessity. It's unlikely the balance changed that much, but it's a good time for it.

RAÏSanÏa

So, all this ufo thing is to shift the narrative from the nordstream sabotage operation to something else?
That seems unlikely. The balloon event was real but used by conspiracy types to keep their sabotage narrative afloat since that recent nordstream narrative was immediately assessed as misinfo, a biolabs type fabrication, and dismissed.

Last edited:

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
No. The balloon and drones are actually real. Unlike the Nordstrom nonsense.
Lot of balloons fly around the globe. Surprisingly, this become super relevant right now.

That seems unlikely. The balloon event was real but used by conspiracy types to keep their sabotage narrative afloat since that recent nordstream story was immediately assessed as misinfo and a biolabs type fabrication.
I hope you’re right since this could lead to a big escalation of the situation in Ukraine.

supernova8

Banned
I don't understand this logic though. Why would they need a story about UFOs to shift away from the Ohio disaster thing? If news channels wanted to report on the Ohio thing they could do it so that suggests someone (in government?) has told them not to..............or maybe people (ie viewers, consumers, the news channels' audience) simply don't care about the Ohio thing (as unfortunate as it may sound) so the news channels shifted to something else to get more views.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
I don't understand this logic though. Why would they need a story about UFOs to shift away from the Ohio disaster thing? If news channels wanted to report on the Ohio thing they could do it so that suggests someone (in government?) has told them not to..............or maybe people (ie viewers, consumers, the news channels' audience) simply don't care about the Ohio thing (as unfortunate as it may sound) so the news channels shifted to something else to get more views.
Yeah and it's doesn't hold water because every major outlet is covering the Ohio thing and it's been trending on social media for days.

So if there is any attempts to somehow keep the Ohio incident quiet it's definitely not working lol

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Yeah and it's doesn't hold water because every major outlet is covering the Ohio thing and it's been trending on social media for days.
Actually CNN isn't
At least not in a way that I could find after searching the front page for a good minute or so. They even have large font coverage of the New Zealand cyclone thing.

Same for Fox News. Couldn't spend much time looking (I'm not turning off my adblocker for those dickheads) but I couldn't see any mention of the Ohio thing.

NBC has it but you have to scroll down a few scrolls, and even then the headline says "authorities say it's safe to return"

ABC has it but again you have to scroll down a fair bit

So yeah I think the fact that Fox and CNN aren't covering it on their front page at all is pretty significant. Not saying it's a conspiracy or anything (probably just decided they could get more clicks focusing on the UFOs) just stating the fact.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Also when does it get exciting?
Never? 99.9% of military work is not this:

Tom Cruise Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

But rather this:

Bored To Death Waiting GIF by Travis

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Actually CNN isn't
At least not in a way that I could find after searching the front page for a good minute or so. They even have large font coverage of the New Zealand cyclone thing.

Same for Fox News. Couldn't spend much time looking (I'm not turning off my adblocker for those dickheads) but I couldn't see any mention of the Ohio thing.

NBC has it but you have to scroll down a few scrolls, and even then the headline says "authorities say it's safe to return"

ABC has it but again you have to scroll down a fair bit

So yeah I think the fact that Fox and CNN aren't covering it on their front page at all is pretty significant. Not saying it's a conspiracy or anything (probably just decided they could get more clicks focusing on the UFOs) just stating the fact.
CNN is covering it

Fox News is covering it

And you have to scroll down because it's not breaking news anymore. It happened 11 days ago. Everything coming out now is just updates and legal questions. Not exactly riveting stuff. So it doesn't get priority over other more immediate stories. For example right now the Michigan State shooting is plastered all over the front page of CNNs site. In 5 or 6 days I guarantee you that you will need to scroll down to find any of the updates. The derailment took place 11 days ago so you are gonna have to scroll for it.

Tams

The bigger conspiracy is that they are able to detect objects this small from tens, if not, hundreds of miles away but fail to intercept a "weather balloon" (spy balloon) or massive-fuck-off-airliners on 9/11.

Your comment is in the running for the dumbest in this thread. Congrats.

Tams

I posted his report in the Ukraine thread and people in there said the 85 year old Pulitzer prize winning journalist was unreliable.

Thatcs because his recent work (of which there is little) hasn't been of good quality.

And for this one, he bases it all on one anonymous source.

Anyway, that isn't related to the balloons.

dorkimoe

Because the right wing nuts all thing its China, and that gets everyone riled up and they make the most noise on twitter now that its owned by a right wing nutter

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Because the right wing nuts all thing its China, and that gets everyone riled up and they make the most noise on twitter now that its owned by a right wing nutter
And left wing nuts think everything is Russia, Russia, Russia!

So I guess both sides can be in agreement that fuck commies and their shitheal "philosophy."

Other than the far fringes that idolize that shit of course, who seem to get all the airtime and social platform microphones.

HAYA8U5A

BREAKING NEWS

Heene_Family_Feat_Img_David_Williams-e1569253749534.jpg

In a desperate attempt to prove that it wasn't a hoax balloon boys parents sent up all three sons in silver baloons for the sequel with tragic results.

balloon-boy-parents-face-criminal-charges-for-%E2%80%98hoax_7776-7f2bb94.jpg

Halloween Die GIF by Julie Wierd

SJRB

Gold Member
Hey everyone, check out these dangling keys while chemical Armageddon is happening in the middle of our country thanks to government legislation!

Or how the US bombed the Nordstrom pipeline.

No don’t look that up, look at me! How about those UFO’s, huh?? So strange!

Bragr

Banned
Hey everyone, check out these dangling keys while chemical Armageddon is happening in the middle of our country thanks to government legislation!

Or how the US bombed the Nordstrom pipeline.

No don’t look that up, look at me! How about those UFO’s, huh?? So strange!
More than one thing can happen at once.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
More than one thing can happen at once.
Absolutely, but only one is dragging ass to send FEMA or aide for an event that has happened on the 3rd of this month with thousands of wildlife and pets dropping dead, children with red bloodshot eyes, people feeling sick, etc...

I guess aide for their home turf isn't as much of a hurry than sending billions in cash overseas every other month.

I've spoken with people who have not even heard this event has happened, with a noxious chemical cocktail gas cloud that is spreading over 200 miles in radius, but they can tell you about the "aLiEnS," the psyop balloons, and every other Hollywierd shit taking front and center "look over here, but not over there" while the transportation secretary a couple of days ago was making balloon jokes.

All while humans, wildlife and their pets are suffering and/or dying. An event which can be a cancer cluster like 9/11 was 10 years down the line because they are failing the people telling them "iT iS sAfE tO sTaY oR gO bAcK."

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

It made international news with many key details and a map. People here are paying attention. The governor mentions investigating regulations.

Approximately 50 Norfolk Southern Railroad freight train cars, some carrying toxic vinyl chloride and other hazardous chemicals, went off the tracks in Columbiana County on the evening of Feb. 3.

Draining the chemicals into a trench last week, crews then ignited a controlled burn to get rid of it, creating a thick black cloud of smoke that was visible from above.

The governor insisted that after the cleanup by multiple agencies, the air and environment near the derailment was clean, and that’s why people were allowed back to their homes. He claimed to receive a call from President Biden and that he was willing and ready to provide anything needed in East Palestine.

Mary Mertz, the Ohio Director of Natural Resources, said that beyond initial reports of 3,500 dead fish in area, there haven’t been many more non-anecdotal accounts of dead wildlife.

“The good news is none of these species are threatened or endangered,” she said. “There doesn’t appear to be any increase in fish killed since the first day of the derailment. We will continue to monitor. We don’t have any evidence of non-aquatic species suffering from the derailment.”

Speaking on potential ground water contamination in the area, Tiffani Kavalec, chief of the Division of Surface Water with the Ohio EPA, told reporters that a nearby river to the crash site, Sulphur Run, “remains contaminated but we are confident it is contained.”

“We have not detected any vinyl chloride downriver,” she said, pointing to documents on the Ohio EPA website that show the testing results.

Dr. Bruce Vanderhoff, the director of the Ohio Department of Health, assured citizens that most of the chemicals in the spill are volatile organic compounds (VOCs), which humans come into contact with every day.

Vanderhoff said he fully encourages all people in the area to continue to use bottled water for cooking or drinking. While municipal water testing is ongoing, he said, and municipal water sources are being fed from deep wells far from the derailment, it’s possible that people using private wells might have contaminated water.

“We have strongly encouraged, urged all of those people on private wells to get their wells tested, and that will be done at no cost to them,” he said.

The one question the group could not answer, however, was how the cloud of toxic smoke created from the chemical burnoff might affect neighbouring areas.

When pressed for an answer, officials said that testing in the immediate area showed safe air quality levels, even during the burn, but couldn’t provide long-term risks or air quality results for neighbouring cities, states and nearby regions of Canada.

While U.S. officials couldn’t provide details about the threat to surrounding areas caused by the huge cloud of smoke and ash that came with the burn, Environment Climate Change Canada said to Global News that areas of Canada were “highly unlikely” to see any impacts from the rail disaster.

“Typically, the chemical involved in the controlled release to the air, vinyl chloride, only lasts in the atmosphere for less than 24 hours. With Southern Ontario being directly north and northwest of the event location, and with the prevailing winds being from the west and southwest, it would have been highly unlikely that the region would have seen any effect,” the statement read.

Vinyl chloride is a highly toxic manmade gas which can increase the risk of multiple cancers. It’s most likely to enter the body by someone breathing it in, but it can also be ingested via contaminated drinking water.

Additionally, as the chemical travels through the blood, the liver can break it down into other chemicals, which can be more harmful than the vinyl chloride itself.

Bragr

Banned
Absolutely, but only one is dragging ass to send FEMA or aide for an event that has happened on the 3rd of this month with thousands of wildlife and pets dropping dead, children with red bloodshot eyes, people feeling sick, etc...

I guess aide for their home turf isn't as much of a hurry than sending billions in cash overseas every other month.

I've spoken with people who have not even heard this event has happened, with a noxious chemical cocktail gas cloud that is spreading over 200 miles in radius, but they can tell you about the "aLiEnS," the psyop balloons, and every other Hollywierd shit taking front and center "look over here, but not over there" while the transportation secretary a couple of days ago was making balloon jokes.

All while humans, wildlife and their pets are suffering and/or dying. An event which can be a cancer cluster like 9/11 was 10 years down the line because they are failing the people telling them "iT iS sAfE tO sTaY oR gO bAcK."
That is on the media if anything for not covering it properly, which cover is driven by interest from the public. And they are interested in UFOs.

How widespread the damage is to humans is not understood yet, but they deem it more important that people stay put. I don't know enough about the chemicals to say anything, but a few powerful witness accounts of how bad it is has a tendency to create fear in people which consumes the outlook of the real situation.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
That is on the media if anything for not covering it properly, which cover is driven by interest from the public. And they are interested in UFOs.

How widespread the damage is to humans is not understood yet, but they deem it more important that people stay put. I don't know enough about the chemicals to say anything, but a few powerful witness accounts of how bad it is has a tendency to create fear in people which consumes the outlook of the real situation.
Ok.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And you know the effects lingering in the air and water after the incident I take?
Yes. Pets and wildlife are dying, children and adults are getting sick with bloodshot eyes. The chemical compounds listed are toxic to the environment and water supply, and the chemical cloud has spread to a 200 mile radius.

But carry the water. They (EPA) said 9/11 was safe too before cancer clusters popped up for first responders and people in the area 10 years later.

The list of chemical alone proves it's bullshit. FEMA should have been sent in on day 2 or 3, but there are places that need pallets of cash and aide without issue overseas.

I can go on and on and on.

FpBqOmpWAAsjSJS

People are fed information. If the media fed this to the people, then they would be just as engaged and outraged. People are not "selecting aliens" the media is pushing those diversions like a dog when he sees a squirrel.

FpCSeBqXgAc071r

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
Yes. Pets and wildlife are dying by the thousands, children and adults are getting sick. The chemical compounds listed are toxic to the environment and water supply, and the chemical cloud has spread to a 200 mile radius.

But carry the water. They (EPA) said 9/11 was safe too before cancer clusters popped up for first responders and people in the area 10 years later.

The list of chemical alone proves it's bullshit. FEMA should have been sent in on day 2 or 3, but there are places that need pallets of cash and aide without issue overseas.

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

I can go on and on and on.

FpBqOmpWAAsjSJS

People are fed information. If the media fed this to the people, then they would be just as engaged and outraged. People are not "selecting aliens" the media is pushing those diversions like a dog when he sees a squirrel.

FpCSeBqXgAc071r

It certainly looks like a toxic fucking cloud.

But I see no direct reason why the railroad didn't request how to handle this.

Ultimately, the next few days will determine how much of a disaster this is. It says in the article you listed that they have tested it for 5 days and it is safe. I assume it was the first day that killed the fish and wildlife, as the toxic fumes flew around, but that was almost a week ago.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It certainly looks like a toxic fucking cloud.

But I see no direct reason why the railroad didn't request how to handle this.

Ultimately, the next few days will determine how much of a disaster this is. It says in the article you listed that they have tested it for 5 days and it is safe. I assume it was the first day that killed the fish and wildlife, as the toxic fumes flew around, but that was almost a week ago.

FooQC-1aUAA3XHQ

Mark my words. This is much more devastating than they're telling us.

Fish don't "die when things are safe." Frogs being uprooted from their hibernation in the water muck (in winter) and floated to the top, dead. Foxes were found dead, thousands of birds and crows (crows being one of the most resilient and intelligent bird) dead, chickens, rabbits, squirrels, tons of family pets, etc, all dead.

You know why they bring a canary into a coal mine?

Last edited:

NickFire

FooQC-1aUAA3XHQ

Mark my words. This is much more devastating than they're telling us.

Fish don't "die when things are safe." Foxes were found dead, thousands of birds and crows (crows being one of the most resilient and intelligent bird) dead, squirrels, tons of family pets, etc, all dead.

You know why they bring a canary into a coal mine?

Definitely not caused by aliens, or probably not caused by aliens?

supernova8

Banned

From what I read they ordered the "controlled explosion" to prevent a build up and an even bigger (more dangerous) explosion later on. A bit like how sometimes governments blow up stranded whale carcasses before they get filled with gas and inflate too large. These right-wing (weird how they're always right-wing) twitter accounts pretty much all conveniently forget to mention it. Almost like it doesn't fit the narrative.

Plus, it's the same old political point scoring by the opposition, just like what we see in pretty much every country with two main parties.

The government hesitates to shoot down/take seriously the China spy balloon and Republicans say "see Biden doesn't care about our national security he's just letting UFOs fly around freely!!".

So... the government decides to be more proactive on that stuff, and now Republicans are saying "jeez it's not big deal shut up about the UFOs, plus you're not even paying attention to XYZ thing over here!!!!"

I guarantee if all the news was following the Ohio thing, Republicans would be up in arms saying "I knew it!!!! Biden cares more about a minor chemical incident than he cares about the overall US people and their safety from foreign surveillance!! Maybe Biden is in bed with the Chinese!!! Impeach! Get him out!!!"

Again I'm not shitting on the US, I'm just saying the Republicans probably don't give a shit about Ohio. They're just using it as a weapon against the Democrat government.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
From what I read they ordered the "controlled explosion" to prevent a build up and an even bigger (more dangerous) explosion later on. A bit like how sometimes governments blow up stranded whale carcasses before they get filled with gas and inflate too large. These right-wing (weird how they're always right-wing) twitter accounts pretty much all conveniently forget to mention it. Almost like it doesn't fit the narrative.

Plus, it's the same old political point scoring by the opposition, just like what we see in pretty much every country with two main parties.

The government hesitates to shoot down/take seriously the China spy balloon and Republicans say "see Biden doesn't care about our national security he's just letting UFOs fly around freely!!".

So... the government decides to be more proactive on that stuff, and now Republicans are saying "jeez it's not big deal shut up about the UFOs, plus you're not even paying attention to XYZ thing over here!!!!"

I guarantee if all the news was following the Ohio thing, Republicans would be up in arms saying "I knew it!!!! Biden cares more about a minor chemical incident than he cares about the overall US people and their safety from foreign surveillance!! Maybe Biden is in bed with the Chinese!!! Impeach! Get him out!!!"

Again I'm not shitting on the US, I'm just saying the Republicans probably don't give a shit about Ohio. They're just using it as a weapon against the Democrat government.
Ok.

MilkyJoe

So at what point when they concocted this distraction, did they discuss what happens when it's time to offer up the wreckage...?

Top Bottom