• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Analysts expect Switch to outsell PS5 and Xbox Series consoles in 2021, boosted by new ‘Pro’ model

jdforge

Banned
If Nintendo have a Pro in the works, they wait until next gen resolve their shortages and then release.

There is no point releasing now when they are flying high.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Are we seriously going to compare a much cheaper,last gen system with current gen consoles?
Video game system vs other video game systems? I fail to see the problem.

I can also predict all your counter arguments here because seriously, this dead horse has been beaten to death again a couple times by now.

Switch existing and selling well doesn’t mean everyone’s precious AAA devs are suddenly going to cater to the lowest denominator and stop going for the best specs they can squeeze out of cutting-edge hardware.

Video game system vs other video game systems? I fail to see the problem.

I can also predict all your counter arguments here because seriously, this dead horse has been beaten to death again a couple times by now.

Switch existing and selling well doesn’t mean everyone’s precious AAA devs are suddenly going to cater to the lowest denominator and stop going for the best specs they can squeeze out of cutting-edge hardware.
It is handheld vs home consoles, or home+handheld +handheld (lite) vs home consoles.

Aka different audience

Real comparision should be switch models vs wii+3ds combined sales

FunkMiller

Very much interested in a Pro model. Sold my Switch a couple of years ago, and haven’t felt tempted to rebuy, but a more powerful version with potential 4K and higher fidelity would be very nice to have as a mobile gaming platform, alongside my Ps5.

Malcolm9

The Switch sales being compared to PS4/X1 or PS5/XSX is like apples & oranges. The Switch has it's own unique part of the market and is successful, which is great all round for gamers and Nintendo.

Astral Dog

As long as its a moderate upgrade to iq and framerate its gonna be fine this is nothing but a mid gen upgrade to extend the Switch life not a real next gen upgraded Switch 2, still i expect a lot of fanboys dissapointed and complaining its not a big jump anyways after the reveal

Last edited:
Top Bottom