• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ancient Developers - Part II - Ocean Software

Gav

Teasel said:
this thread need less names and more pics
let me help ya
PushOver

YES!

I loved this game so much. Doesnt look particulary exciting, but the amount of time i wasted on this is insane.
Pushover :D

Edit. I just found a remake online. There goes my Sunday.

Vitten

ram said:
a german ps1 game... with an awesome soundtrack from chris hülsbeck

tunnelb1_cover_small.jpg

tunnel_b1_(2).jpg
tunnel_b1_(0).jpg

-> http://www.synsoniq.com/sounds/hcd7_t3.mp3

That sounds very nice ! Any more available somewhere ?

Shinobi

Looking at that list, Ocean never did much for me game wise...I remember most of the C64 games being licensed slop. I did own Renegade which rocked, despite the whacky joystick/keyboard controls (never could beat Big Bertha though), and Match Day II, which I played religiously despite being slow as shit with some whacky ball physics (I would've bought Microprose Soccer or Kick Off, but we were pretty close to moving to Canada at that point). Rambo 2 also rocked, though I've never been sure if the C64 and Master System versions were the same game, or different games that just happened to be similiar.

Anyway, I don't value Ocean for their games as much as their loader music. Particularly Ocean Loader tunes versions 3 and 4...two of the most bad ass C64 SID's ever cranked out. Rambo 2's loading tune was also ace. Also loved the menu tune for Match Day 2.

pswii60

Why no N.O.M.A.D. on the spectum list. Twas a classic game that I used to play at my mates who had a speccy. I had a c64 and unfortunately they never ported it over.

6b_1_b.JPG

Also, does anyone remember what the isometric 3D game was on the Spectrum that was set in a prison camp?

pswii60

Jonsend said:
I had N.O.M.A.D. for the Amstrad, I timed it once and it took 7 mins to load to the main screen.

Not too bad, I had games on my C64 which took over 10 mins, and I swear that 5 mins of that was taken just to load the 'loading picture' which was shown for the remaining 5 mins.

Top Bottom