• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Andrew Wilson CEO of EA just backed off NFTs

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

“The way I look at this is, collectability is really built on four key metrics,” Wilson said. “That’s around high-quality content, it’s around scarcity, it’s around proof of authenticity, and it’s around a group of people that find value in that content.

“We’ve seen that happen in the real world and we’ve seen that happen in the virtual world with certain things that happened in and around our games for some number of years.

“And I believe that collectability will continue to be an important part of our industry and the games and the experiences that we offer our players.

“Whether that’s part of NFTs and the blockchain, well that remains to be seen. And I think the way we think about it is, we want to deliver the best possible player experience we can. And so, we’ll evaluate that over time, but right now it’s not something that we’re driving hard against.”

Last edited:

demonstr8

The latest failure of Battlefield 2042 or whatever probably hurt them and made them re evaluate their priorities.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Oh, I didn't know Troy Baker had taken the proverbial golf club to the head over shit talking his fans for questioning his canon. Neato.

brian0057

Banned
It's EA we're talking about here.
I'd be more shocked if they didn't jump into the proverbial NFT pool.

Top Bottom