• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

bender

What time is it?

EaaD-epU0AYSBOP

Moogle11

Banned
I had K.K. Slider visit and got the credits the other day. Was surprised as I hadn't talked to Isabelle in a while and thought you had to hit 5 star island to get that, not 3 star so figured I was a ways away.

So I have all the terraforming stuff unlocked now, but haven't messed with it yet. I'm mostly just still doing the daily "chores" to relax and make some bells and trying to sell an inventory of turnips each week to accrue bells for decorating my house (focused on paying off all the upgrades first, which I finished the other day as well). Turnips.exchange has been great for me for that. I'm not min-maxing so I usually ignore the 500-600 bell people as they tend to have super long waits, but I can usually sell for 400 something pretty quickly. Last week I had 485 on my Island and just sold there and then hosted for a couple hours and got another 2 million in donations.

It's just such a relaxing, chill game to play a bit daily during these crazy times. I can see myself still playing this next year as I'm being pretty casual about the fish and bugs for the museum. I'll probably just keep doing that and then next year see what I'm missing each season/month and focus on filling it out then.

carlosrox

Banned
How easy is it to cheat in this game?

What's the most bells someone has?

I got a really good nip turnout yesterday. I was at 560 bells per nip and made a couple million bucks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How easy is it to cheat in this game?

What's the most bells someone has?

I got a really good nip turnout yesterday. I was at 560 bells per nip and made a couple million bucks!
If you have a homebrew enabled Switch it's incredibly easy to cheat - you can literally just edit the number of bells in your bank account or give yourself an inventory full of crowns.

I've personally not done this though - the most I've "cheated" was installing the turnip app that tells you what the prices are going to be on your island throughout the week.

carlosrox

Banned
i have almost 30 millions bells, hunting tarantulas and selling turnips on the market.... without time traveling of course...

That's the largest number I've heard yet! Someone I know on discord/here has 20 million and I'm currently at 6.

Huge jump for me though as previously I had only a million, and before that I spent tons of money only to get spoiled turnips.
So it feels good to finally have a few million in the bank.

Uusis

Banned
I paid my loan last month, so im debt free! Only have 1 million bells but that's more than enough for couple of months. Also I finally received my Rasher amiibo-card from ebay couple of weeks ago and loving having him on my island once more (Had him from day 1 on 3DS AC). Rasher is my favourite pal. Also I didn't remember that I had 3 amiibo cards from Wii U game (with 3 amiibos too) and one of those cards was Stitches. Lovely baby bear and awesome character too.

My island still evolves with my mood. Going with natural feeling and just having fun with new desinger app. I can see myself playing this years!

Lrnex

I wanna return to my island after over a month away but I’m sorta afraid of what I’ll find. Does anyone know if villagers will leave without warning after long periods of inactivity like in New Leaf?

drganon

Finally paid off the loan for my houses third room expansion. Will be getting the final first floor expansion tomorrow.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up a copy for the Mrs - managed to get a physical copy below RRP which I class as an actual modern day miracle. We'll see if she likes it.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
So I got it for my wife but ended up playing it quite a bit myself, only to find out that as we share a save, I don't get to actually progress the game at all. That's some absolute bullshit right there. Not happy.

So I got it for my wife but ended up playing it quite a bit myself, only to find out that as we share a save, I don't get to actually progress the game at all. That's some absolute bullshit right there. Not happy.
What do you mean you don't get to progress? Did you make your own account on the switch? You can have more then one house on the island

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean you don't get to progress? Did you make your own account on the switch? You can have more then one house on the island

Yep, I have my own house, but all of the story stuff is unavailable to me, I couldn't get an axe til my wife had got the museum in place, etc. It's a pain in the arse. And yes we have separate accounts on the switch etc.

So I'm a little late to the party as I bought Animal Crossing in probably late May, early June or so thinking it would keep my fiance entertained as she liked playing Stardew Valley but its done the opposite. Its kept me entertained as I flip through between this and The Last of Us Part II (very different contrasts haha) I've never played Animal Crossing before, I really wasn't too sure what it was all about but I'm getting there and I'm having alot of fun with it.

Anyways as a side gig I do abit of graphic design, which has made Animal Crossing a big draw for me, with the customization of everything. I'm sure there are variations of many of these already but I've tried to look up a few and I definitely know some haven't been done before. I thought I'd share some of my custom designs here with the Gaf Animal Crossing crowd and feel free to follow my creator code for more (although admittedly I'm running out of space for custom stuff really quick)

Theres a few paths near the bottom too, those can be tricky but theres a brick path and a stone path. Alot of these work great for stalls, the food related designs lol. The game related stuff works good for clothes and Iron man up top here is the perfect home decor for any self respecting Gaf member reading this for your Animal Crossing home. Enjoy!

Creator code: MA-5922-4816-2295

NcdS62dh.jpg

Lqzv0k6h.jpg

TFBecjRh.jpg

TSkCNvZh.jpg

iyOmFNch.jpg

rcKfwPgh.jpg

r7lIOtEh.jpg

hOuuLu8h.jpg

Vyhf82Xh.jpg

XhrAoXLh.jpg

XhIFbCah.jpg

gOC4ovPh.jpg

bOMteZnh.jpg

W2DxZGkh.jpg

eqRxy4Fh.jpg

O9Jd3nFh.jpg

lbvFZIch.jpg

FojyCM0h.jpg

b72w0czh.jpg

hvxSq3Jh.jpg

KzoT07Kh.jpg

spN15rXh.jpg

gT90zkih.jpg

saeHRDfh.jpg

Last edited:

Robin64

Well at least now the special NPC visitor system for the weekdays has changed.

Before 1.3.0, there were three guaranteed visitors each week: Saharah, Kicks and Leif. That left two slots to randomly pick CJ, Flick, Gulliver, Label, or Redd. (There was protection so if you didn't get them one week, the chances increased the next week)

Now there are no guaranteed visitors each week with the patch. We now have five slots to randomly pick nine NPCs: CJ, Flick, Gulliver, Label, Redd, Pirate Gulliver, Leif, Saharah, or Kicks. Protection is still in place.

Basically, you should see Redd more often.

Rathalos

Banned
I've just unlocked the tailoring shop, I hope beards are for sale soon. I wish you could have a bald/shaved head, it seems weird it's not an option. This is my first experience with the series and I've been enjoying it, although it's screaming out for QoL changes, everything just requires so many button presses to do anything.

Theres a few paths near the bottom too, those can be tricky but theres a brick path and a stone path. Alot of these work great for stalls, the food related designs lol. The game related stuff works good for clothes and Iron man up top here is the perfect home decor for any self respecting Gaf member reading this for your Animal Crossing home. Enjoy!

Creator code: MA-5922-4816-2295

That Yoshi design is now the flag for Termina. Thank you friend!

Forsythia

Well Dream travelling sucks ass as you still need a code. Wtf Nintendo. And the backup feature is only for when your Switch is stolen or repaired. Someone needs to buy Nintendo a timetravel machine because I can't take this anymore. Stupid friend codes, the same bullshit dialogue when you want to travel to someone elses island, the crap that the game halts for everyone when someone enters or leaves an island... and now this. About 50% of the time I'm looking at repetitive dialogue and loading screens. This should be a relaxing game. And it is still missing features from previous games. These updates are so barebones it's not funny anymore and everything should have been in the game from the start. And how about adding all the missing furniture from previous games. Nope, Nintendo doesn't care.

/rant

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned
I’m so lucky my girlfriend is obsessed with the turnip market. We managed to pay down both our loans completely with a few million to spare lol

now I need more content I’m bored. I’ve done almost everything.

Great game so far.

There’s a lot of features that I miss from New Leaf, but I can’t argue with the logic behind drip-feeding content. Every time Nintendo adds something, it gives players an excuse to go back to the game and check it out. I do wonder how long Nintendo plans to keep providing updates.

Top Bottom