• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

meh seasonal item crap and fireworks from last year

Wonder whether they'll ever add Brewster and the coffee shop. This really was the perfect lockdown game but the seasonal content always sucks.

There's a lot Nintendo could do to further enhance this game but it never feels like they want to score the easy points with fans.

Mozza

That's cool, but I wish they'd do more. Like further expansions to nooks or your own house.
Not sure what the whole update contains as yet, we know it's Brewster and the roost, but it did state "and more" in the teaser footage, plus I would be very surprised to see a whole direct announced for just for such a small update as Brewster.

On the house size I am a little conflicted, on the one hand all the downstairs rooms being able to be increased in size to match the main room would be nice, but the attic room is much larger than in previous games, and I like the basement too, as it stands I think the house is very well proportioned.

Upgrades to the store would be nice, and the possibility of adding dedicated islands for holidays, or even a shopping town would be very cool.

zokie

Most of this DLC is kept separate to your main island, but after unlocking these new building features you will then be able to perform them on your own home. In a Q&A session on the DLC with Nintendo reps, the company said no new furniture would be locked behind the Happy Home Paradise DLC. Eurogamer also asked specifically what would happen if you unsubscribed from Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack after using it to play the expansion:

“Players can still continue to access certain things they have unlocked in Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Happy Home Paradise on their main island, including adding counters, partition walls, as well as adding ambient lighting and soundscapes, even if their access to Animal Crossing: New Horizons - Happy Home Paradise is suspended," a Nintendo spokesperson told me. "However, it will not be possible to visit the archipelago if players lose access to the DLC. To be able to visit the archipelago and take on requests of designing vacation homes again, you will need to purchase the DLC separately or renew the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership."

i think the best way is to buy the dlc separate and sub online separate , but if you like playing the n64/MD games too , the expansion pack is your best choice but its quite expensive

Last edited:

Impotaku

Decided to do a couple more of the facility projects in HHP completed the school already but i did the cafe, the restaurant and the restaurant kitchen. Love how as you do more it's just like HHD as in it gives you new abilities and features to work with by the end i have a feeling it's going to do beyond what happy home designer did plus you get all the amazing lighting at work in this version too i love the atmosphere you can create.

Stuff done so far

Cafe
CPhhOF7.jpg

Restaurant
xaYDCBZ.jpg

Restaurant kitchen
2JrVohR.jpg

As for villagers i'm just abusing the system so far and opening the items and saying yup i'm done and watch them amusingly get all excited over a crap design. But once everyones unlocked all the items i'll go back & do them all properly but so far i only do ones if i'm in the mood to do that theme or it's a fave character Beardo is gonna get a masterpiece.

Impotaku

Lol seems like this tread is dead now but i'm still playing the design game as this side of the game i'm pretty good at. Lottie asked me to make a gallery for the cafe facility on a second floor so i themed it on the origin of my home island with a tiki temple.
n7aW6t7.jpg

With the duster you can create some pretty neat effect touches.

Impotaku

Spent a few hours this evening designing homes again....

Vinny and his seedy run down cum cabin he asked for.
zw7YINT.jpg

Plus i used an amiibo to invite my bestie Beardo from my home island to give him a holiday home of his very own compared to doing randos that turn up on the hhp island. He wanted an english garden home as he's a classy bear, granted his first half of his request but gave him a internal home of my own choosing. Still have upstairs to do but i finishd the downstairs part bloody took me ages as i went all out or as much as i could with the items i have on hand in the design inventory.

Tea in the summer garden
e8BKYZc.jpg

An rainy evening at home
tCFupB0.jpg

FHirI9W.jpg

KlxNONX.jpg

lB3eb0e.jpg

bGb71Jl.jpg

1BfvyJO.jpg

Er9NEUF.jpg

Impotaku

lz0gRYZ.jpg

Time to see if these bad boys contain a full set or not
MWy8ixx.jpg

After some snipping open of packs i have a complete set again, that's all 509 cards that were released.

Series 1-5 (448)
New leaf Welcome amiibo (50)
Sanrio set (6) + 6 stickers but they are not counted
Amiibo festival promos (3)
Japanese magazine promos (2)

The card breakdown for the series 5 box of cards was one complete set 0f 48 then the spares made one complete set of just the regular villagers cards 25-48 plus one spare SP card which was C.J plus 2 spare villager cards. with there been 24 SP villager cards in this set getting all 24 of them out of 25 packs is cutting it pretty close but it seems the rule is still true about complete sealed untampered with boxes containing a full set.
Zqv9PWG.jpg

Top Bottom