• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime/Manga Community

Nani?

• WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • Muda Muda Muda!

Votes: 45 22.2%
  • B..baka!

Votes: 77 37.9%
  • Why yes I like isekai!

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Anime Thor

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I'm here for the plot!

Votes: 37 18.2%

• Total voters

pman94

Neo Member
Hi guys, I'm new to here and I'm new to anime. I've seen Spirited Away, Ghost in the shell, Princess Mononoke and Akira. Loved them all but prefer the darker, grittier style of GITS and Akira.

I thought Princess Mononoke was amazing though and went straight into my top 5 films.

Can anyone recommend something for me to watch next?

NahaNago

Hi guys, I'm new to here and I'm new to anime. I've seen Spirited Away, Ghost in the shell, Princess Mononoke and Akira. Loved them all but prefer the darker, grittier style of GITS and Akira.

I thought Princess Mononoke was amazing though and went straight into my top 5 films.

Anime movies that are a bit more mature/ darker. I'd go with Paprika, Redline, Patlabor movies, Tokyo godfather, and Millennium Actress. The newer vampire hunter d for the visuals,
paprika

redline

patlabor

tokyo godfather

millennium actress

vampire hunter d bloodlust

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

Ninja Scroll and Wicked City would fit what your'relooking for.

Fbh

So far Vivy: Flourite Eye's Song is the only thing that managed to grab me this season.
I like the premise and style, the plot and characters have been engaging so far and the pacing is great. It also has some nice visuals (aside from an 90's CGI car chase in episode 5).

I'll give 86 one more episode. Interesting enough premise but the first 3 episodes have been kinda boring, it's like the same thing happens in all 3 episodes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Been reading a few mangas lately:

Finished Jojo 6 Stone Ocean
Started Jojo 7 Steel Ball Run
Started Solo Leveling - on chapter 26
Started Berserk - on Volume 2

So far, all of these have been really great.

Pejo

Been reading a few mangas lately:

Finished Jojo 6 Stone Ocean
Started Jojo 7 Steel Ball Run
Started Solo Leveling - on chapter 26
Started Berserk - on Volume 2

So far, all of these have been really great.
I've been seeing a lot of good things about Solo Leveling. I'll have to give it a shot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been seeing a lot of good things about Solo Leveling. I'll have to give it a shot.
It's been really good so far although I haven't read enough manga in my life to really compare it to anything. Someone posted a link earlier in this thread, but they're releasing physical volumes as well if that's your jam

jshackles

Was Jolyne Kujo powerful compared to the other protagonists in the JJBA series?
Stone Free seemed to have the speed, strength, and reaction time of Star Platinum (makes sense, I suppose) but also had the ability that let her unravel herself into a string. Definitely helps when your ultimate goal is to evade the guards and break out of prison. While it certainly came in handy for her numerous times, it wasn't really "superpowerful" like the other protags in my opinion.

It's not really on the same level as stopping time (Jotoro after obtaining The World), mending anything (Josuke), or manipulating causality (Giorno). I'd say it's closer to how powerful Star Platinum was during Stardust Crusaders.

Stone Free seemed to have the speed, strength, and reaction time of Star Platinum (makes sense, I suppose) but also had the ability that let her unravel herself into a string. Definitely helps when your ultimate goal is to evade the guards and break out of prison. While it certainly came in handy for her numerous times, it wasn't really "superpowerful" like the other protags in my opinion.

It's not really on the same level as stopping time (Jotoro after obtaining The World), mending anything (Josuke), or manipulating causality (Giorno). I'd say it's closer to how powerful Star Platinum was during Stardust Crusaders.

I've wondered about what her ability was actually supposed to be in the end, and if Araki changed his mind on it. Considering that Made in Heaven is a "time travel"/universe manipulating stand and most of the main Jojo's stand abilities are supposed to be hard counters to the main villains, what if she was supposed to have a "string theory" related power originally and Araki changed his mind? Something that would let her evade or beat MiH's acceleration power. Maybe she was intended to be able to "slow down" her quantum strings or use them to slow those of her friends to prevent Pucci from resetting them? He may have changed the ending to give more finality to it and let him break away from the original setting. Or he may have purposefully set that up to subvert the old pattern.

With where Jojolion seems to be going with Soft and Wet's bubbles and with how Jojolion is a redux of a lot of older Jojo parts beyond the obvious Part 4, it makes me wonder if Araki is repurposing the original idea for Stone Free's ultimate power.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
Have to share this track, every time I listen it gives me goosebumps. I have the highest hopes for this character and the importance of this character's follow-through nearly sends chills every time when thinking about possibilities of what's next

There is no way Sabo is dead. It's a ploy of the Revolutionary Army's, likely masterminded by Dragon and Sabo themselves to mobilize the Blackbeard Pirates, which is exactly what is happening now. There isn't a single individual present at the Levely that could subdue Sabo, let alone kill him...And even if Sabo ran into trouble, there must be backup plans set

Two questions: Did the Revolutionary Army really have no intel about Jesus Bergess following them at their general headquarters? It seems that Dragon and Sabo were not present at Baltigo when it was destroyed. What is their full plan at the Levely / what will transpire there? There is one arc in particular that seems to be the middle of the chess board... That is the Levely

NahaNago

Have to share this track, every time I listen it gives me goosebumps. I have the highest hopes for this character and the importance of this character's follow-through nearly sends chills every time when thinking about possibilities of what's next

There is no way Sabo is dead. It's a ploy of the Revolutionary Army's, likely masterminded by Dragon and Sabo themselves to mobilize the Blackbeard Pirates, which is exactly what is happening now. There isn't a single individual present at the Levely that could subdue Sabo, let alone kill him...And even if Sabo ran into trouble, there must be backup plans set

Two questions: Did the Revolutionary Army really have no intel about Jesus Bergess following them at their general headquarters? It seems that Dragon and Sabo were not present at Baltigo when it was destroyed. What is their full plan at the Levely / what will transpire there? There is one arc in particular that seems to be the middle of the chess board... That is the Levely

The trumpets in that song got me thinking dragon quest but then you would get hints of one piece in the music. I also feel like I'm getting FF14 vibes from the music as well the desert and sea city. I can understand why this would hype you up but I feel like the track bounces around in tone too much. I might need the scene it goes with to fully appreciate it.

manfestival

What are the best shows from this season? Almost done catching up on other shows I have been watching. Only watching My hero s5 but it seemed like nothing else really seemed to set ablaze the internet.

Cutty Flam

Banned

It's going down tonight. The latest three chapters of One Piece. Chapter 1,013 is releasing this Sunday too

The trumpets in that song got me thinking dragon quest but then you would get hints of one piece in the music. I also feel like I'm getting FF14 vibes from the music as well the desert and sea city. I can understand why this would hype you up but I feel like the track bounces around in tone too much. I might need the scene it goes with to fully appreciate it.
I'm not sure where it was used tbh, or if it was used at all? I bet it's somewhere, but one day it'll be used in an episode if it hasn't been already. There's a question I wanted to ask you about the scenario involving said character. I've been thinking about the possibilities here and what might have taken place. Hopefully others here might chime in because I'm really curious to learn what is going on over there and I know it will probably be at least another 50-70 chapters before even a clue is given anywhere in the manga relating to the events over there
So Blackbeard had his right hand man Jesus Burgesses in Dressrosa. This is to do his bidding, Blackbeard wanted Ace's devil fruit, the Mera Mera no Mi. There was CP0 intelligence on Dressrosa at one point...did they manage to deduce what Blackbeard is up to, what he was after and correctly deploy a plan at the Levely inside of Pangea Castle? This would then lure Blackbeard to the scene, where Imu-sama could do whatever he has in mind to him

Blackbeard's wanted poster / picture is shredded. Luffy's picture is shredded. Shirahoshi's picture has a sword stuck right in the middle of her picture's head. All that is left is to bring Princess Vivi Nefertari into the picture for whatever means Imu has in mind for her. Straw Hat Luffy will of course be heading to the Levely at Marījoa once he gets word after the raid of Onigashima, at some point, we can assume. All the pieces are mobilizing, the unstoppable swell that is always being mentioned is coming closer and closer. But this is the one thing I do not understand and cannot figure out...

Is Sabo really dead? I can't believe it. I almost wont believe it until it's clear and indisputable fact. Who at the holy land of Marījoa could have possibly brought him down? Could CP0 have stopped him? Are they powerful enough? I can't think of anyone there that could stop Sabo. The Admirals were there as well but Sabo is not foolish enough to take on all three. There's a chance he could possibly contend with all three for a while but that would be suicide without adequate backup. Some of Luffy's very powerful allies were there too at the World Council. So how is it even possible that Sabo would die? Unless he got emotional and lost himself in trying redeem his friend Kuma I can't think of any scenario where he would give way to anyone. He's not even fighting alongside Dragon, and the two must have some end goal they aim to accomplish, why would Sabo lose sight of that? Something isn't adding up, Sabo is probably as dangerous as Akainu, so what happened during the Levely exactly?

NahaNago

It's going down tonight. The latest three chapters of One Piece. Chapter 1,013 is releasing this Sunday too

I'm not sure where it was used tbh, or if it was used at all? I bet it's somewhere, but one day it'll be used in an episode if it hasn't been already. There's a question I wanted to ask you about the scenario involving said character. I've been thinking about the possibilities here and what might have taken place. Hopefully others here might chime in because I'm really curious to learn what is going on over there and I know it will probably be at least another 50-70 chapters before even a clue is given anywhere in the manga relating to the events over there
So Blackbeard had his right hand man Jesus Burgesses in Dressrosa. This is to do his bidding, Blackbeard wanted Ace's devil fruit, the Mera Mera no Mi. There was CP0 intelligence on Dressrosa at one point...did they manage to deduce what Blackbeard is up to, what he was after and correctly deploy a plan at the Levely inside of Pangea Castle? This would then lure Blackbeard to the scene, where Imu-sama could do whatever he has in mind to him

Blackbeard's wanted poster / picture is shredded. Luffy's picture is shredded. Shirahoshi's picture has a sword stuck right in the middle of her picture's head. All that is left is to bring Princess Vivi Nefertari into the picture for whatever means Imu has in mind for her. Straw Hat Luffy will of course be heading to the Levely at Marījoa once he gets word after the raid of Onigashima, at some point, we can assume. All the pieces are mobilizing, the unstoppable swell that is always being mentioned is coming closer and closer. But this is the one thing I do not understand and cannot figure out...

Is Sabo really dead? I can't believe it. I almost wont believe it until it's clear and indisputable fact. Who at the holy land of Marījoa could have possibly brought him down? Could CP0 have stopped him? Are they powerful enough? I can't think of anyone there that could stop Sabo. The Admirals were there as well but Sabo is not foolish enough to take on all three. There's a chance he could possibly contend with all three for a while but that would be suicide without adequate backup. Some of Luffy's very powerful allies were there too at the World Council. So how is it even possible that Sabo would die? Unless he got emotional and lost himself in trying redeem his friend Kuma I can't think of any scenario where he would give way to anyone. He's not even fighting alongside Dragon, and the two must have some end goal they aim to accomplish, why would Sabo lose sight of that? Something isn't adding up, Sabo is probably as dangerous as Akainu, so what happened during the Levely exactly?

Honestly for Blackbeard I just have no idea. He is just too much of an enigma. I feel like he has a ton more info on things compared to luffy and the readers so it is hard to figure out what he truly wants. Imu is odd as well. Most likely for Vivi I can see her being marriage material. Shirahoshi is probably simply a kill target due to her powers. For some odd reason I think of Basil Hawkins when I see Imu. Most likely false.

For Sabo, I doubt he is dead. I just don't see them killing off Luffy friend kind of off screen. So I'm guessing he is captured or on a mission. I really had never thought about how powerful he was before. When you said he was as dangerous as Akainu. I guess his strength being at that level would make sense if you consider that Luffy is fighting kaido right now and Akainu only defeated white beard after whitebeard was tired and extremely wounded. Luffy is going to be so powerful after this fight even if he doesn't officially beat Kaido it will show that he is nearly on that level. One Piece still has so many mysteries this series could easily go for another 500 more chapters. I still want to know Luffy's mother and now his grandmother.

I really hope we don't get another prison arc because of Sabo.
Personally I'm living my childhood dream with Dai no Daibouken, but I doubt it's an anime for everyone.
I forgot this anime was coming out. Loved the manga.

Last edited:

Cutty Flam

Banned
N NahaNago here is one of several reasons I believe said character is easily on the level of even the most powerful Admirals

When Sabo nearly died, he was taken in by Monkey D. Dragon as we all know. The greatest criminal on the planet as the World Government officials will point out in some episodes iirc. Dragon the Revolutionary. He’s likely the one man that the World Government and the Gorosei or “The Five Elders” and Im fear the most

Sabo at the age of 10 was brought aboard Dragon’s ship and became a member of the Revolutionary army. Before Luffy had even stepped off of Windmill Village to begin his voyage to set out to become Pirate King, Sabo had already been working with Dragon for 10 years. That’s when Luffy first sets sail. Once Luffy and Sabo were reunited, it had been over 12 years under the Supreme Commander of the Revolutionary Army’s wing. At some point, he had risen to become his right-hand man or the Chief of Staff. This is over Emporio Ivankov and over the Shichibukai Bartholomew Kuma, who Sabo considers a dear friend who he must avenge. 12 years working directly with the “World’s Worst Criminal” Monkey D. Dragon

I think he is on Admiral level and possibly stronger than Akainu as insane as that might sound. Dragon and Sabo are, and have been, plotting something larger than themselves I believe. That’s why I sort of refuse to believe he is dead

The only thing that worries me is if he was betrayed directly by one one of his comrades, sort of like how Kanjuro did the 9 Red Scabbards...The worst case scenario is that Akainu had no mercy and really did kill him. Which would mean all out war

Straw Hat Grand Fleet, Straw Hat Pirates, The Revolutionary Army, Blackbeard Pirates, potentially Big Mom survives in Wano and she and the entire Big Mom Pirates pursue Straw Hat Luffy to the holy land of Marijoa, these are all possibilities. Something enormous is building and taking place simultaneously in One Piece right now

NahaNago

N NahaNago here is one of several reasons I believe said character is easily on the level of even the most powerful Admirals

When Sabo nearly died, he was taken in by Monkey D. Dragon as we all know. The greatest criminal on the planet as the World Government officials will point out in some episodes iirc. Dragon the Revolutionary. He’s likely the one man that the World Government and the Gorosei or “The Five Elders” and Im fear the most

Sabo at the age of 10 was brought aboard Dragon’s ship and became a member of the Revolutionary army. Before Luffy had even stepped off of Windmill Village to begin his voyage to set out to become Pirate King, Sabo had already been working with Dragon for 10 years. That’s when Luffy first sets sail. Once Luffy and Sabo were reunited, it had been over 12 years under the Supreme Commander of the Revolutionary Army’s wing. At some point, he had risen to become his right-hand man or the Chief of Staff. This is over Emporio Ivankov and over the Shichibukai Bartholomew Kuma, who Sabo considers a dear friend who he must avenge. 12 years working directly with the “World’s Worst Criminal” Monkey D. Dragon

I think he is on Admiral level and possibly stronger than Akainu as insane as that might sound. Dragon and Sabo are, and have been, plotting something larger than themselves I believe. That’s why I sort of refuse to believe he is dead

The only thing that worries me is if he was betrayed directly by one one of his comrades, sort of like how Kanjuro did the 9 Red Scabbards...The worst case scenario is that Akainu had no mercy and really did kill him. Which would mean all out war

Straw Hat Grand Fleet, Straw Hat Pirates, The Revolutionary Army, Blackbeard Pirates, potentially Big Mom survives in Wano and she and the entire Big Mom Pirates pursue Straw Hat Luffy to the holy land of Marijoa, these are all possibilities. Something enormous is building and taking place simultaneously in One Piece right now
The thing with Sabo though is I feel like we should have heard of his name if he was that powerful before Luffy met up with him. He should have been on several missions and the government should have been aware of him and made a bounty. The revolutionary army is also kind of odd as well. Shouldn't Luffy and his gang been to one of the islands that the revolutionary army rescued. The army honestly seems no bigger than a pirates crew everytime you see them. Unless they are more like the underground type where you only see the home base with the leader and everyone else is out on the field. Could be the bird is a secret revolutionary as well and is spreading false info but the revolutionary army aren't aware of this mission.

Honestly every I time I see Dragon I keep thinking he is weak. I know he is the son of garp but he just doesn't have the charisma. Plus they haven't really shown any big feats. Shouldn't he be doing big things now since the Navy is going after the yonko. Seems like the perfect time since the navy is probably short on manpower.

Big mom is definitely going to survive. I wouldn't be surprised if they even end up teaming up since I'm sure the Navy will be attacking soon I'm sure. I can see the straw hat fleet coming around for Sabo this time around. I do wonder if they are going to pull another ace and whitebeard scene. Except Luffy is now the whitebeard type character.

I really want a new movie.

Labolas

Alright quick recommendation: Dandadan is really good. It's early into its run but damn what a good run this is.
To sum the manga:

0iOwfSW.jpg

Cutty Flam

Banned
The thing with Sabo though is I feel like we should have heard of his name if he was that powerful before Luffy met up with him. He should have been on several missions and the government should have been aware of him and made a bounty. The revolutionary army is also kind of odd as well. Shouldn't Luffy and his gang been to one of the islands that the revolutionary army rescued. The army honestly seems no bigger than a pirates crew everytime you see them. Unless they are more like the underground type where you only see the home base with the leader and everyone else is out on the field. Could be the bird is a secret revolutionary as well and is spreading false info but the revolutionary army aren't aware of this mission.

Honestly every I time I see Dragon I keep thinking he is weak. I know he is the son of garp but he just doesn't have the charisma. Plus they haven't really shown any big feats. Shouldn't he be doing big things now since the Navy is going after the yonko. Seems like the perfect time since the navy is probably short on manpower.

Big mom is definitely going to survive. I wouldn't be surprised if they even end up teaming up since I'm sure the Navy will be attacking soon I'm sure. I can see the straw hat fleet coming around for Sabo this time around. I do wonder if they are going to pull another ace and whitebeard scene. Except Luffy is now the whitebeard type character.

I really want a new movie.
I think he has a bounty, it must have been revealed at some point near the end of Dressrosa I'd imagine when there was time for him to explain some things. I remember he went into the room where the Straw Hats were resting after the events of Dressrosa, after Luffy had defeated Doflamingo. He told Zoro, maybe Sanji, Robin, and Kyros I wanna say what was going through his mind when he finally remembered Ace and I think how he decided to enter Dressrosa. Nobody really knows what the Revolutionary Army is up to most of the time. I get the feeling that Sabo is extremely powerful because Dragon basically lets him have the freedom to go anywhere without much hesitance. Sabo was at the Levely and I'm sure Dragon knew the Admirals would be guarding the Celestial Dragons, but he didn't accompany Sabo or send Ivankov or anybody. In fact, when everybody was freaking out over Sabo's 'death' Dragon while shocked is still telling his people that they must confirm the facts. If Dragon is unconvinced Sabo is dead even at such a heavily guarded event at the Levely then it's probable that Sabo is one one of the most dangerous characters

Robin has some knowledge of the revolutionaries as she trained with them for two years. But right now, we as fans still know only bits and pieces of what they are about. I'll have to review what's already been shown

I don't consider the Revolutionary Army any ordinary band of pirates. They had an entire headquarters on Baltigo Island which was uncharted and shrouded in mystery until it was destroyed by the Blackbeard Pirates. I know that Dragon instructed Sabo once to set up a meeting with the Revolutionary Commanders across the world so this is an expansive operation they have going on. If Dragon has his crew dispersed all over the seas then this is truly an army and they are likely prepared for and further preparing for war

When it comes to Dragon, this is what I find interesting: he has the power to create a storm. And it's like he is at the right place at the right time often. He saved both Sabo and Luffy at the perfect time. He's more calculated that anything. We don't know how powerful he is but my take is that he's a top 3 most powerful character. If Sabo can hold his own against Fujitora and gravely injure Jesus Burgess, then Dragon is probably stronger and capable of dealing much more damage. I honestly think we wont see Dragon and his army fully exercise their power until things get truly catastrophic and the entire world enters a war at the end of One Piece. If he is noted to be the "World's Worst Criminal" he was probably the Luffy before Luffy of "The Worst Generation" and my guess is that he saw the same signs that Whitebeard saw, that Law had pointed out to Doffy, and what Gol D. Roger knew. I think Dragon knew that he must wait. There's a time to strike and I believe that Dragon is preserving himself for the opportune time. Imagine if Akainu really did kill Sabo...That would mean that Akainu killed two of Luffy's brothers. I think if that IS the case, the prediction that Sabo was killed by the merciless Akainu, then Dragon will be the one to challenge him at some point. Because at that point, it is personal. Luffy's ambition is to defeat Blackbeard, and idk how he can defeat both Akainu and BB if they were both to fight him so I think Dragon will eventually fight Akainu. Blackbeard's power is exponentially greater than any Yonko at this point if he is proficient with the many devil fruit powers he now possesses

And with Big Mom, I think you're right about that. She's all over the place. Accomplishing a single task almost seems impossible for her. She's about as formidable as Kaido, but she's so insane that it's almost like she has zero wit and intelligence in an actual fight. She gets sidetracked and distracted very easily. Mentally, she''s easily overcome. Physically is a different story. I don't think she will be a threat until Katakuri and her entire crew are there to aid her towards her goal of killing Mugiwara Luffy. That's why I think she'll survive and be back

I would love to see Luffy and Dragon fight side by side to rescue Sabo if he is indeed still alive and being held captive for whatever reason. But if that is the case, wouldn't that mean the end of One Piece is near? What about surpassing Shanks? And Luffy returning to defeat Big Mom in a face to face battle (he's only focusing on Kaido) and would Blackbeard be defeated at Marijoa? This Sabo mystery brings so many questions

So, Attack on Titan print volume has extra pages.

Did that change your opinion of the ending or not?
I don't understand what the hell these pages are meant to convey. Can someone clarify?
So that kid discovers the power of titans again? What's the point of Paradis being destroye by war?

Last edited:

NahaNago

RIP to Kentaro Miura. I did like Berserk but his artwork on the young girls was a bit too much at times.

Last edited:
What?? This is so unexpected... never thought he would pass away so soon. He still had at least five volumes in him. Berserk will forever stay unfinished now.

What terrible news. Rest in peace sir.

RIP on a legend. I hope we at least get to know how he intended for the story to end eventually. and I hope some studio would do a proper adaptation sometime in the future.

Pejo

I don't understand what the hell these pages are meant to convey. Can someone clarify?
So that kid discovers the power of titans again? What's the point of Paradis being destroye by war?
I came to the thread to talk about this too.

It basically, in my mind, made the whole story of Eren just completely worthless. The kid is going to become a titan like Ymir with the brain worm or whatever. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in the ending of a Manga. There's bittersweet, and then there's this load of horseshit. The Paradis thing just shows that war is cyclical and neverending or something stupid, at least that's what I took from it.

Did you guys hear that there's a fan project to fix the ending? Attack on Titan No Requiem. It looks like it released yesterday and must have gotten a shit ton of traffic because the site is hard down right now.

I'm curious to see how they fix that awful trainwreck.

So, Attack on Titan print volume has extra pages.

Did that change your opinion of the ending or not?

Isayama is a bigger fucking troll than Kojima lol

*reads new pages*

What in the fuck is Isayama trying to say with the Mikasa-Ymir stuff? She saw real love with Mikasa and that inspired her to accept being abused by the (pedophile) King Fritz?

Birderen confirmed lol

I guess he realized that the whole "To YoU 2000 yEaRs iN tHe FuTuRe" thing the series started with was left hanging, so he decided to have Mikasa basically plant Eren's head, that must have still had some part of the worm thing in it that could regenerate, under the tree on the hill. Over time it mutated the tree to make another pool for some kid to fall into after (presumably) 2000 years. They basically kept a memorial to mega-Hitler around all that time, surrounded by a little garden fence lol, that entire time. No one ever questioned it, opinions in Paradis never changed, and then they got destroyed.

I think what Isayama wanted to do was to make the worm thing be a metaphor for constant struggle to survive and the inherent violence humanity has, and that it never goes away regardless of how we progress. It's always waiting just below the surface for one person to find it and unleash it. But that falls apart when the kid about to find it again is walking through a destroyed city in a country that the rest of the world finally got rid of, that:
  • annihilated the rest of the world once, with the stated goal of destroying forests to basically doom the rest of the world to an ecological disaster
  • maintained a monument to mega-Hitler for (presumably) millennia
  • realistically should have been the only country in the world because the rest of Earth was a genocided dustball
The world appears to have constantly stayed shit. Sure, a city got built around the tree, and throughout Paradis, and became modern and advanced looking, but they had to have always been at war with whoever survived the Rumbling because of the militants who controlled Paradis. If we had enough time to, say, see Eren's friends make a change in Eldian culture only for it all to fall apart later on this new ending would be more impactful, but with the few panels shown it just feels like someone saying "humans are violent, and will always be violent, m'kay".

Last edited:
People are catching up to realizing that Isayama was a fraud all along...and with that being said, he can definitely go eat big giant titan turds

At 14:43 above

Last edited:

Durask

I came to the thread to talk about this too.

It basically, in my mind, made the whole story of Eren just completely worthless. The kid is going to become a titan like Ymir with the brain worm or whatever. I don't think I've ever been so disappointed in the ending of a Manga. There's bittersweet, and then there's this load of horseshit. The Paradis thing just shows that war is cyclical and neverending or something stupid, at least that's what I took from it.

Did you guys hear that there's a fan project to fix the ending? Attack on Titan No Requiem. It looks like it released yesterday and must have gotten a shit ton of traffic because the site is hard down right now.

I'm curious to see how they fix that awful trainwreck.

There's bittersweet and there's horseshit.

I like this.

Nikodemos

Any decently-animated, non-incel-energy (looking at you Redo of Pleb), non-dishrag-MC ecchi anime worth watching lately?
I'm jonesing for some high-class trash, and I've already rewatched Ishuzoku Reviewers for like 3 times already (and Peter Grill was too short).

Last edited:
Any decently-animated, non-incel-energy (looking at you Redo of Pleb), non-dishrag-MC ecchi anime worth watching lately?
I'm jonesing for some high-class trash, and I've already rewatched Ishuzoku Reviewers for like 3 times already (and Peter Grill was too short).

There's Nomad: Megalo Box 2.
The original season (an anniversary homage project to Ashita no Joe) was just ok, but this second season is killing! The latest episodes are reaching highs that no one was expecting.

Cutty Flam

Banned
Just read Chapter 1,014 of One Piece

My goodness, two characters, two Scabbards, died in one chapter? Oda isn’t playing around. Luffy in the sea, dealt a vicious blow by Kaido and left unconscious? Chopper vs Queen looking like a potential mismatch, Chopper is in trouble. The Raid is nonstop chaos going back and forth. Kaido and the Beast Pirates sort of gaining an inch or two here in this all out Raid, it’s not looking good at the moment for Luffy and the Pirate-Mink-Samurai-Ninja Alliance

For those who like Iyashikei anime, there's another recommendation this season: "Super Cub".
Yes, it's a commercial for Honda, it works this way, by it sells the product mostly by being a good and sincere story.
This one is more to "Girls Last Tour" than "Non Non Biyori". There's few characters and not much dialogue is most episodes in the beginning, and it's entirely focused on the protagonist state of mind. You can see this all the time with the colors. It's one of those where the palette is mutted an desaturated and becomes really bright when the character is happy, but isn't 0% or 100%, it varies greatly in every scenes, some times so little that you don't even notice.
An anime like this is something rare.

Also, some people saw similarities with Peanuts?
I don't know...

Last edited:
Top Bottom