• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anno 1800 Console Edition announced for PS5, Xbox Series

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Publisher Ubisoft and developer Ubisoft Blue Byte have announced Anno 1800 Console Edition for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. A Luna version is also in development.

A technical test for the city-building real-time strategy game will be held in November for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series. Sign-ups are available here and require you to sign a non-disclosure agreement before being accepted.

Last edited:

Filben

Played it a plenty on PC. Great game! Registered for the console testing. I don't think it'll be convenient to control with a pad. Games like Darkest Dungeon or Divinity was a chore, having played them on PC before. But I'm interested how well it'll work and look.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Join the dev team and discover the backstages of the Anno production on consoles!

About Anno 1800:
Dive into the 19th century, a time of industrialization, diplomacy, and discovery. Rich with technological innovations, conspiracies, and changing allegiances, this era presents the perfect setting for you to build your city. Prove your skills as a ruler and create huge metropolises, plan efficient logistic networks, settle an exotic new continent, send out expeditions around the globe, and dominate their opponents by diplomacy, trade, or warfare.

This in VR would be a game that certainly would increase my interest in VR. Tropico, Port Royal, Sim City, Sims, Cities Skylines... all should be VR-too games! The controls would kind of translate well, some radial menus, but very intutive grabbing the ground to move around and placing stuff here and there.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Anno 1800 on PS5 is a day one purchase.

I'm loving that more simulation and strategy games are being released for consoles. Anno, Crusader Kings, Planet Coaster Cities Skyline....... hopefully Planet Zoo and Victoria 3 also get console ports. The more people who get to play these games the better.

diffusionx

Gold Member
This in VR would be a game that certainly would increase my interest in VR. Tropico, Port Royal, Sim City, Sims, Cities Skylines... all should be VR-too games! The controls would kind of translate well, some radial menus, but very intutive grabbing the ground to move around and placing stuff here and there.
Cities Skylines is in VR...

There was a RTS on Oculus Rift named Brass Tactics, it's very good. Strategy is actually a really great fit for VR.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
I heard the game is very good, would try the beta to test the performance on consoels.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I play RTS games sometimes on my PC at sub 30 fps. It's fine.
What The Fuck Wtf GIF

Kadve

1800 is also on sale right now for 15 Euro. How convenient that sale ends a week before this trial week....

And the base version of a 5 year old game still being 60 Euro (120 for the full version) is just lame Ubisoft.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
No way around it, build a lot your framerate will tank in something like billions, i can get single digits even on a 9900k.

Yeah Anno is a very demanding game and for good reasons. It looks insane, and you can even go first person to admire your creation and see the workers...work.

Ar¢tos

1800 is also on sale right now for 15 Euro. How convenient that sale ends a week before this trial week....

And the base version of a 5 year old game still being 60 Euro (120 for the full version) is just lame Ubisoft.
15$ + 30% MS/Sony cut + 20% Novelty fee = 60$
Don't you math?!?!?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member

The game is at its 4th season pass tho and its getting constant updates and content. For an RTS that is insane. Good on them. The game is always on sale so hardly much of a complaint and it had a ton of free weekends on PC.

Last edited:

Kadve

The game is at its 4th season pass tho and its getting constant updates and content. For an RTS that is insane. Good on them. The game is always on sale so hardly much of a complaint and it had a ton of free weekends on PC.
Now if only the stars can align again and cause Blue Byte to apply the same competence to a Settlers game.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Now if only the stars can align again and cause Blue Byte to apply the same competence to a Settlers game.

Yeah...well..I dunno what happened there. Im thinking it was more Ubisoft than Blue Byte there as opposed to Anno who clearly seems like a love project after some not so good attempts at sci fi. Maybe the next Settlers will be sci-fi and it'll be great lol,

Last edited:

geary

"Since 2019, Ubisoft Blue Byte acts as the parent company of Ubisoft's three German studios, which became branded as Ubisoft Düsseldorf, Ubisoft Mainz and Ubisoft Berlin. By 2020, the "Blue Byte" name was phased out."

Ubisoft Mainz - Anno 1800
Ubisoft Dusseldorf - Settlers: New Allies
Ubisoft Berlin - Far Cry 6 (support)

Different teams....

Last edited:

Freeman76

Ppl on xbox playing this already, guessing the NZ trick works but I wanted to try this before using the free week as it looks complicated. Guessing we need to wait until its available in our timezones for the freeplay?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Ppl on xbox playing this already, guessing the NZ trick works but I wanted to try this before using the free week as it looks complicated. Guessing we need to wait until its available in our timezones for the freeplay?
Or travel to NZ which I may do as I want to try it on Xbox as well but this is one of my favorite PC games

idzjFsQ.jpg

Anno 1800 on PS5 is a day one purchase.

I'm loving that more simulation and strategy games are being released for consoles. Anno, Crusader Kings, Planet Coaster Cities Skyline....... hopefully Planet Zoo and Victoria 3 also get console ports. The more people who get to play these games the better.
And add to that Transport Fever 2, which imo is a lovely port of one of the more laid-back sim builders.

Top Bottom