• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANONYMOUS;CODE Announcement Trailer | Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Steam

Bullet Club

The highly-anticipated Science Adventure Series ANONYMOUS;CODE is coming to the West in 2023 for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, and Steam®.

This is the latest work by STEINS;GATE creator Chiyomaru Shikura, in collaboration with returning staff from the Science Adventure Series. Experience the story of the hackers who will rewrite the future.

2037. Nakano, Tokyo.
Pollon Takaoka is caught up in a tangle of plots as a result of his encounter with the mysterious girl Momo and faces a major event that shakes the world. Play as Pollon and hack the myriad branches of reality and "load" the ending that saves the world!

Awesome to hear about CHAOS;HEAD, I hope it is good - I felt Robotics;Notes was pretty average after being extremely interested and happy it finally was translated.

Also wtf why does Chiyomaru Shikura look like he is 22.

Bullet Club

iUB96Y6.jpg

Is a Visual Novel right?

Im in..... Nintendo Switch is the console ideal for Visual Novels.
It is. There were a bunch of VNs announced today.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
This along with the fact chaos head will finally "officially" be playable and ownable in the west makes me super happy...

Also this guy always goes the extra mile to try and make the insane story's he's telling more grounded. Those intro events are not random made up BS that sounds cool they are infact related to real world events.

Looking forward to how he weaves these all together.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

The highly-anticipated Science Adventure Series ANONYMOUS;CODE is coming to the West in 2023 for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4, and Steam®.

This is the latest work by STEINS;GATE creator Chiyomaru Shikura, in collaboration with returning staff from the Science Adventure Series. Experience the story of the hackers who will rewrite the future.

2037. Nakano, Tokyo.
Pollon Takaoka is caught up in a tangle of plots as a result of his encounter with the mysterious girl Momo and faces a major event that shakes the world. Play as Pollon and hack the myriad branches of reality and "load" the ending that saves the world!

Why MAGES always have to put long sentences in tiny letters on their cover arts.?

nikos

This looks good. Future Tokyo and a motorcycle are enough to sell me.

Never ended up finishing Steins;Gate. I may try the anime instead of starting the game over.

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
Bumping this one a bit since ANONYMOUS;CODE launch in the west is rapidly approaching - September 8, 2023 - and if you want the PS4 or Switch steelbook you'll have to preorder the game now since supply of these steelbooks might be limited lol.

81KKjsT2sOL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81SqYYkUa2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Tagging some peeps as well so they don't miss this one: Heimdall_Xtreme Heimdall_Xtreme T Thief1987 STARSBarry STARSBarry A a multicultural team of v Bullet Club Bullet Club
Interested by the game, I absolutely love Steins Gate and 0. However other entries in the genre have not caught my attention. Chaos:Child was so cringe I just couldn't play it, and Robotonic:Notes didn't captivate me and I gave up.

I wonder if this one can recapture the heavy atmosphere of Steins Gate without falling into the ridiculous choices Chaos:Child had.

I strongly recommend both AI Somnium Files games.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't realize this game was so close to release, thanks for the heads up.

Interested by the game, I absolutely love Steins Gate and 0. However other entries in the genre have not caught my attention. Chaos:Child was so cringe I just couldn't play it, and Robotonic:Notes didn't captivate me and I gave up.

I wonder if this one can recapture the heavy atmosphere of Steins Gate without falling into the ridiculous choices Chaos:Child had.

I strongly recommend both AI Somnium Files games.
Chaos;Child was interesting to me because everything about it is 100% anime trope (it doesn't get more generic than magic arms), but despite that the writing was decent and a couple of the endings were genuinely emotionally impactful. I was actually really surprised that somehow a game that tropey managed to do that.

I am going into this game pretty much blind but it does concern me that despite Steins;Gate being my favorite VN and I think one of the best time travel stories period, the number of misses from this team are starting to outweigh it. If Chaos;Head (still haven't gotten to it yet) and Anonymous;Code are both average I am going to have a tough time being excited for any future games...

Top Bottom