• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Avatar bet? Another avatar bet. GOTY Battle: God of War: Ragnarök vs Elden Ring (Voting ends Nov. 2nd)

Which will win more GOTY Awards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
why? it seems weird to have it end before reviews are out for one game when the other game has been out for nearly 8 months now
Because say the game flops and gets nothing but 70's, everyone will just change their vote to Elden Ring. No fun.

Vote with faith. Use your balls people!

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
52474226502_d0a1a72998_o.png

Lden Ring

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
This would be a manslaughter if you took this pole to end says by the end of this month. And the reviews for Golf of War are out now and they're resounding. And Elden Ring has art you can't mess with, SSM have produces a tech showcase in terms of what they've done and this is a cross generation game.

This is probably the rare year where GOTY is a toss up

I bet for Keighlys its gonna be very close, like I can see him getting on stage and saying that the vote was down to like 2 people or something. I actaully think Josef Fares will be presenting since he won last year. So that should be fun.

Overall GOTY winner is gonna be very interesting.

I know one thing, no one is taking The Last of Us Part 2’s record anytime soon. Not only that but last of us part 2 won all those awards in a stacked year.

Last edited:

I mean, I don't take Metacritic seriously, but even if you do... that's a strange thing to post when Elden Ring's Metacritic is in fact higher than this.

Wasn't GoW 2018 competing against Read Dead Redemption 2?

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/red-dead-redemption-2/critic-reviews

I believe that game had a metacritic of 97. Its possible for a lower meta game to take more awards which I believe happened back then.

Regardless a 94 for Ragnarok is still extremely good. Very impressed with that since I thought it might have fallen into the high 80s.

Last edited:
Top Bottom