• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Glimpse of (Metroid) Dread

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
You saying "dawg" was lame as fuck and needed to be pointed out for the extreme gay.
Wolf Dog Deal With It GIF by Old Spice

jigglet

Banned
My arcade stick should arrive in a few weeks:

I might play this game with it. Ever since I first played Mario 3 with an arcade stick I was hooked. It's such a nice way to play platformers or any 2D games.

carlosrox

Banned
Will the next trailer be the final trailer? Or will there probably be some kind of launch trailer too?

I'm kinda expecting the next one to be the real blowout trailer for the game. Glimpses of later areas in the game, later abilities, more story stuff, etc.

I wanna go in as blind as possible but I also can't help but look at this stuff :(

Kuranghi

Will the next trailer be the final trailer? Or will there probably be some kind of launch trailer too?

I'm kinda expecting the next one to be the real blowout trailer for the game. Glimpses of later areas in the game, later abilities, more story stuff, etc.

I wanna go in as blind as possible but I also can't help but look at this stuff :(

The trailer in this thread is like the intro sequence and then some mysterious scene with no real spoilers imo, I don't think its going to ruin anything if you watch it but its so close now so might as well wait. I'll watch the launch trailer and maybe another short preview of the very start or the like but I'm out after that too due to not wanting to spoil.

I'm just addicted to trailers, they get me so excited, downside being I have too good a memory and everything will be burned in as soon as I see it.

Other M sucked. Samus was at the height of her abilities/power and she let those guys tell her when she could use her stuff. So lame.

I hate this critique of Other M. It's not Metroid if Samus is overpowered with all her weapons and gadgets in the beginning. Unless of course you think they should have gone the typical route and have something strip her powers and damage her suit for the 100th time.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I hate this critique of Other M. It's not Metroid if Samus is overpowered with all her weapons and gadgets in the beginning. Unless of course you think they should have gone the typical route and have something strip her powers and damage her suit for the 100th time.
Eh because of how the story panned out the mission could have went smoother if Samus went full ham. It would have been better if she found new powerups on the station instead of reliving Metroid 4 and listening to Adam with the loyalty of a Stormtrooper.

Kreen101

Other M sucked. Samus was at the height of her abilities/power and she let those guys tell her when she could use her stuff. So lame.
It was just a gimmick to do the old Metroid thing where you get additional powers as you progress without resorting to the cliche of Samus losing all of her equipment at the beginning. It was actually a rather clever way to do it. The story doesn't matter in games like this, I just skip though all of those cutscenes as quickly as possible to get back to the actual gameplay.

It was just a gimmick to do the old Metroid thing where you get additional powers as you progress without resorting to the cliche of Samus losing all of her equipment at the beginning. It was actually a rather clever way to do it. The story doesn't matter in games like this, I just skip though all of those cutscenes as quickly as possible to get back to the actual gameplay.

How does disabling the Varia function make any sense? Someone who was made out to be a maverick literally turns off a life-support function out of respect for someone? That's nonsense.

Fusion did its story way better, and more simply. And Other M copies its setting and even climax.

Heck, if they want to explain why Samus lost her abilities, they could say that the abilities wear off over time now due to the Fusion Suit being damaged compared to the original Power Suit and/or mostly biological.

Aldric

Yeah too bad Other M's cutscenes are unskippable in a first playthrough and the story directly impacts the gameplay because level design has to be ridiculously linear and exploration non existent so that you as a player can be funneled through story beats by the unlikable NPC ordering you around like a dog on an obedience course.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Other M story direction was just poop. Be thankful it's the only objectively bad Metroid game in it's storytelling.

I dunno if Fed Force was any good. I avoided that like the plague. Primarily because of the controls. Just wasn't a fan.

I also think Adam in Other M deserved so much better.

If anything good came out of Other M it was the Ridley battle theme, Anthony Higgs and Phantoon. Nightmare also.

Outside of that it was pretty forgettable.

Buggy Loop

UPDATE (08/27): Another AMAZING trailer was just released... I didn't want to open a new thread for this but idk where we can talk about this game. This is looking ridiculously good by the time passes:

Holy shit

Deserves a new thread i think, these trailers are few and far between.

Uhm.. Kraid's back?

I'm off to pre-order this game right now. I can't believe how fucking sweet it looks for a 2D Metroid.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
That 2 minute trailer has so much content and lore packed into it. I am beyond excited.

Seeing Kraid and the Chozo Warlord is making me go ghufughdyrtdrc in anticipation.

Seeker Missiles and that "Nothing Personal Kid" double dash is some hype shit.

Top Bottom