• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any early predictions on how Elden Ring will perform graphically and how reviewers will respond?

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
From games are beloved but have been fraught with technical issues in the past. How do you think this game will fare? I've heard the game is absolutely fantastic, but not so great on the performance front (pre Day 1 patch), but obviously and hopefully that will change. Last gen versions will probably cry.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Last gen will perform like other from software games have.

Current gen will be an average upgrade. Something like cyberpunk is like now.

Hoppa

It’s going to be revered and I’m savouring the limited time I have living in a pre-Elden Ring world before every souls-like and open world game is compared to it and I see it’s ugly name mentioned in every ‘what is the best game’ discussion for the next 5-7 years.

Edit: missed graphics lol. I don’t think graphics will be a big deal unless it’s noticeably glitchy. As it has been presented it’ll be fine

Last edited:

Chukhopops

It will have inconsistent framerate which will be negated by variable refresh rates available on most platforms.

It will look great from an art direction point of view but still be a last gen game from a technical point of view.

It will take a patch or two to fix exploits and bugs.

That’s my prediction.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
its ok, if i can handle bloodborne "30fps", i can handle any fps fluctuation throwing at me.

Saber

Gold Member
Reviewers:

"Why Elden Ring doesn't have an easy/journalist mode?"

As for performance...its not like people who love the Soul series doesn't know what they are dealing about. It didn't stop people from platinum Bloodborne despite its problems. Also, I'm pretty sure that won't be happening.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
As long as they keep the framerate in the VRR range then I'm good, the game looks nice enough.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I broke. I've decided I can't wait for an X or another PS5 (I got lucky last year, but it was for my son for Christmas). I can't miss out on this game. My gaming time is reduced, but a new Souls game will always get my attention. So with that said, I'm buying a XSS this week.

As long as it performs a little better than PS4 I'll be happy.

J3nga

It's not gonna win any awards for visuals that's for sure. Game engine is pretty outdated. I'd say it's x360/PS3 game on steroids.

MiguelItUp

Elden Ring will be the best looking From game yet, so, that works for them. Each game has gotten better looking as they've released. Even if it's not drastically, it's obvious in some places.

I wish it had Demon's Souls levels of visuals, if not more, but I also understand it's simply not possible with a multi platform title. I'm no graphics whore by any means, but I look forward to seeing what can be done on titles that are solely next gen releases.

Eh, I'm sure some reviewers will bring it up, but not many. Much like there more recent From titles. It won't bog it down.

FrankWza

Like the network test but better
The only dips I could feel were during the night sessions and that was mostly after resting or spawning. There were a couple of pretty quick moving bosses and I didn’t feel any issues. PS5 version. And that was 3 months ago so I’m sure it’s better now

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
It's gonna run like dogshit on last gen consoles, calling it now.

FROM and optimization, omegalul.

pratyush

If you buy From game and think it will be flawless then its your issue.

It will be with bad frame pacing for sure but most will love it anyway.

Roberts

Pre-ordered it on XSX because that’s where I play my 3rd party stuff, but I’m pretty sure it will run better on ps5, at least initially.

I haven’t played the network test, but I’m so ready. Gonna be good times!

It's gonna perform like most FromSoftware games and it won't tanky the score in any way because everyone plays them for the gameplay, worldbuilding, and Lore.

Top Bottom