• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone exited about Star Ocean?

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
No one is talking about it. Is anyone here apart from me actually exited about this game?

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Deepthroat said:
I was... like a year ago or so.

Took the words right out of my mouth. I lost the good amount of my interest around Fall 2003. I'm still getting it and I'm glad that Sqaure-Enix is including the Director's Cut extras, but I can only hype myself up for so long.

Same.

I still want the game... but since I'll be getting ToS soon and am already all hyped up for the SMT games, this has kind of faded out of my thought processes.

I'll get it eventually... just not sure if I will right away.

Che

Banned
Release date? I'm still waiting for it but I'm kinda pissed off they had to delay it that much.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Che said:
Release date? I'm still waiting for it but I'm kinda pissed off they had to delay it that much.

EB and Gamestop both have August 31st.

belgurdo

Banned
Not really, since I hated the second game. But I haven't played a solid RPG in months other than FFVIII so I might as well pick up SO3.

I'm still going to get it whenever they release it, but i'm not too excited about it. My RPG anticipation is basically focused on the 2 SMT games.

Buggy Loop

SolidSnakex said:
I'm still going to get it whenever they release it, but i'm not too excited about it. My RPG anticipation is basically focused on the 2 SMT games.

What are their release dates? DDS was reviewed in japan not even a month ago irrc, is it even released there yet?

etiolate

Banned
It's the PS2 game this winter that I am most looking forward to, but I can't say I'm hyped up for it at all. I'd be more hyped up for it if it was released earlier. Having to compete with Tales, Paper Mario 2 and Baiten Katos now means my RPG appetite is overfed. =/

Auron

I'll probably pick it up, but Tales has me for a while. I'll have to read the reviews as I've heard the battles are overly complicted(though I have a hard time imagining that after playing SO2).

The wait has been too long, but I am happy with the fact that they are releasing the Director's Cut edition... I'm pretty sure I'll get it.

Senretsu

I enjoyed SO2 so I'll be getting this but I'm not that excited yet. I've got Tales of Symphonia all paid in full and it is coming out next week and I'm more hyped up for that at the moment. My interest will rise as the release date approaches.

I heard the japanese version of Star Ocean 3 had some terrible bugs in it, did they fix those?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yep, buying it!

Me = RPG Whore

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I've been patient. Sadly, the things importers have had to say about it haven't been overwhelmingly positive. I'll get it, but right now, I've got my sights set on Tales of Symphonia more than anything else.

Shouta

You also have to realize that a lot of importers come in expecting something they want out of games. It`s fairly obvious with most importer hoarders (ones that import a lot) that they come into a game expecting something to their liking and come away dissapointed. The best way to enjoy a game is to go into it not expecting everything your imagination can muster up and take everything at face value with a little bit of expectation that they`ll step up to their previous efforts, if you ask me.

On that note, I`m looking forward to playing SO3 again. I enjoyed it the first time (excluding a few minor gripes).

I've had it pre-ordered for about a year and a half. I doubt the store I went to will still have a record of me preordering it. I'm pissed it took this long to come out, goddamn Square merger.

Top Bottom