• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here from Vegas or familiar with the tours there?

dcll

Banned
I am flying in later this week and want to do a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon. I have seen many companies offering this while searching online but am wondering if I might get a better deal from some of those people trying to sell tourist shit on the main strip

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Don't get in a cheap helicopter. As someone that use to work with them, you want the expensive helicopter.

Also go to hover dam, get the Dam tour, not the Powerplant tour. (most people get the power plant)

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I am flying in later this week and want to do a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon. I have seen many companies offering this while searching online but am wondering if I might get a better deal from some of those people trying to sell tourist shit on the main strip
Been to Vegas many times.

I cant speak for helicopter tours, since i never did one. But on the east side of the strip, there's 4-5 of these yellow kiosks that sell tickets, buffet deals and shit like that. As crazy as it seems, you'd think these are tourist trap rips offs. And maybe they are to a degree, but I got better prices for stuff I wanted to do from those kiosks sometimes than whatever price they charge online the normal way booking shows.

Not sure how those booths work. Maybe they try to jettison leftover tickets or capacity to walk ups at a deal price.

For Hoover Dam, I never did it as I'm not a site seer guy, but do a copter. Some people I know did a bus tour and it took over an hour each way getting there with stop offs.

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
I have a Jeep rented off Turo to get around but the helicopter tour leaves from Vegas

Last edited:

Ionian

Look up 'Dumbbroad' OP, yep that's her Twitter and Twitch name. She's a native and will likely clue you in and sort you out. Also she's hilarious.

Would give you a link but some stupid fuck lied to her and got me banned as her mod. But genuinally she is a sweetheart, you'd be in good hands talking to her.

dcll

Banned
If anyone here doesn't know about Turo check it out, this will be my second time using it. It is like Airbnb but for renting vehicles, I got this Jeep for my trip for 180. There are about any kind of vehicle you want on there, obviously it depends on your location you are renting from but in a big city like Vegas there are all kinds to choose from

cey8HSV.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom