• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone read the awful Castlevania comic book?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Apparently, this came out in 2005 but I just recently found out about it and picked it up. There were only five issues that made a short story arc that was... very interesting.

We start off with Christopher Belmont (who, I guess, is the protagonist of the first two Game Boy Games), who is getting married
iQGVRg6.png

To this woman (pictured center) who is Illyana Riktor:

sYArho7.png

Then Dracula gets resurrected looking like Dio from Jojo and generally starts wrecking shit:

2Kjwk2D.png

With a few visual nods to the games but that's about it:
CbwAxF0.png

What makes things really awkward is that Dracula is constantly nude. He's never actually seen with clothing on. I guess they didn't want to have to figure out how a bat would transition into a man in a suit.
wjIrThN.png

What's even MORE awkward, is that the comic references this directly:
BOaexVG.png

The comic is pretty much littered with these strange sexual undertones that only someone incompetent at Konami could sign off on.

Anyway, thought I'd share this atrocity of gaming-related comics. Good for a laugh, at least. Thanks for reading my blog.

Various depictions of Dracula could perhaps be described as having a seductive nature. Also, if you turn into a giant bat, I would asume your clothes are ripped off and wouldn't magically appear when transforming back so it's semi realistic in that sense. Never heard of this comic though so thanks for bringing it to my attention. I've learnt something today.

poodaddy

Gold Member
I mean....being that hilarious kinda redeems it though in a way. Also, why's Dracula look so young? He's usually portrayed as kind of a debonair, dapper older gentleman, it's weird to see him looking like some zombie pervert who just left a bikini coffee stand and decided to perv out on Belmont's lady.

Top Bottom