• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone snag any decent Black Friday deals yet??

TexMex

Feels like “Black Friday” is just “November” now but figure we could swap some Black Friday sale wins here to help everyone capitalize. I grabbed 4 today.

Psychonauts 2 on PS4 - $40 on PSN (GameStop has this for 30 for Xbox btw)
Guardians of the Galaxy on PS5 - everyone has this for 29.99(!) already which is a bell of a deal.
Super Monkey Ball anniversary edition is 19.99 (half off) on Amazon.
Death Stranding Directors Cut for 39.99 on Amazon

Anyone else piling on that backlog yet? I’m a total impulse buyer so I’m sure this will be the start of many.

SScorpio

The past few years I've come to the realization it's best to get in on the sales and deals in Nov/Dec and stock up for the whole year. I limit myself to bundles and crazy deals at other times of the year.

So far I have:
Lost Judgment PS5 - 29.99
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy PS5 - 29.99
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold PC - 39.99
Watch_Dogs Legion Gold PC - 26.40
Cyberpunk 2077 PC - 16.36

Last edited:

Aenima

The usual, just resubing 1 more year of PS+ for 40€.

Only decent deal i found is RE Village for 30€ but i dont pay more than 20€ for digital games. Unfortunatly the physical version of the game is not in any Black Friday promo i can find.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Just got a WiFi 6 router for some reason
Oddly enough, I got a Wifi6 router last year and it had poor coverage in the dead zones in my home office compared to the Wifi 5 router i ended up replacing it with. It also didnt work with my work laptop which refused to pick up the wifi signal from a wifi 6 router. Super weird. I got a great deal on it and wanted to keep it.

Last edited:

Mr Moose

Might try and get Demon's Souls for £30 (apparently Curry's price match Smyths) and 1 year PS+ from ShopTo for £29.85 (code EXTRATEN).

MiguelItUp

Returnal for $29 via Walmart.com so far.

I also got a new NZXT 510 case for $60! But I'm not sure if that was technically a Black Friday deal or not, haha.

Guardians of the Galaxy and I guess that's it.

I might get a couple indie games over the weekend when I have more time to look for obscure games on the various stores.

reksveks

Oddly enough, I got a Wifi6 router last year and it had poor coverage in the dead zones in my home office compared to the Wifi 5 router i ended up replacing it with. It also didnt work with my work laptop which refused to pick up the wifi signal from a wifi 6 router. Super weird. I got a great deal on it and wanted to keep it.
My flat is reasonably small so I don't think I will have any coverage issues hopefully. I really don't think I needed to get it as my big downloaders are plugged in but it's (wifi6 router) been on my wishlist for a while. Hopefully the software around QoS and other stuff will be an upgrade to my isp router. I have spread it's payment over 5 months to make me feel slightly less guilty.

kyliethicc

Deal of a life time

zxOUXPF.jpg

kunonabi

Money is pretty much all accounted for so probably won't get anything. I really only wanted a couple games off psn and a micro SD card for my switch anyway.

yenside578

Neo Member
Resident evil village ps5 (BestBuy), Lost judgement ps5 (Bestbuy) Guardian of the Galaxy ps5( BestBuy) Hades and Dishonor 2 on PSN.

And lastly the Stadia premier bundle (Chromecast ultra and the controller ) for $22, Not going to use stadia but I need a a controller for my PC and a Chromecast 4k.

So far, nothing. Thinking about getting Dark Souls for 20 bucks on Xbox, I haven't played it in like five years. But my backlog is full af.

Quasicat

I bought some brownies on sale at Kroger this week. No pictures though since it’s gone.

Otherwise, here’s what I’ve picked up so far:
QVC had a good deal on an iPad bundle with a Logitech keyboard and a mouse.
Ori Will of the Wisps Xbox
Guardians of the Galaxy Xbox
Death Stranding PS4
Miitopia on Switch

Question for anyone reading this, I see Sonic Colors is $30 instead of $40. Apparently it was pretty rough at launch, did they patch it on Xbox yet?

RafterXL

No. I did manage to grab another XSX for my nephew this afternoon, though. Microsoft did something similar to the Playstation invites where you get a personal link and just pick your stuff and check out.

I also might grab a Quest 2 this week, but I'm not certain and it's not really a BF purchase. Other than that I'm not a big Black Friday person, pretty much own anything I want, and the Xbox and PS BF sales are pretty terrible.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Nothing so far but will probably buy Fire Emblem on the Nintendo e-Shop once that sale starts on Sunday

Immortals Fenyx Rising on PSN for $30 with tax. Played for a few hours today and really enjoying it so far.

Miles Morales from BestBuy for $45 with tax. Which is a pretty shit deal for MM since its short, but it’s the lowest it has been and I’ve really wanted to play it.

Canada has shit deals.

Kilau

Gold Member
Immortals Fenyx Rising on PSN for $30 with tax. Played for a few hours today and really enjoying it so far.

Miles Morales from BestBuy for $45 with tax. Which is a pretty shit deal for MM since its short, but it’s the lowest it has been and I’ve really wanted to play it.

Canada has shit deals.
I'm thinking of picking up Immortals also, can't decide on PS5 or XSX though, I think it was one of those games that improved performance after launch.

So depressing looking at video cards, laptops, etc. Ive given up. Ive never seen a market so unbelievably upside down. A person with a used 1060(or equal/ or <) should not be asking the same price = to a new 3060(or higher).
Tell me about it! I looked a couple of months ago and could sell the 1060 I've used since 2017 for the same price I bought it for back then. I've completely given up on getting a 3000 series card.

ThaGuy

I'll probably just stock up on game pass ultimate cards this year. They usually have 3 month cards around $20-25 during this week. Nothing else on my radar as of now tho.

Tschumi

I got a few games on xbox series s... Control ultimate, uh gears tactics anddd.. doom eternal next gen

Think I'll get Psychonauts 2 on ps4, maybe Bloodborne (finally)

I've had some drama with xbox that has kinda poisoned it for me so I'm going to put more money into Sony

Top Bottom