• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends Mobile reportedly generated about a third of CoD Mobile’s first week revenue (VGC)

kingfey

Banned
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...ut-a-third-of-cod-mobiles-first-week-revenue/

Apex Legends Mobile is estimated to have generated almost $5 million through player spending during its first week of availability.

Developed by a dedicated team at Respawn in conjunction with Tencent’s Lightspeed & Quantum Studios, which is the team behind PUBG Mobile, Apex Legends Mobile was released for iOS and Android devices on May 17.

Like Apex Legends for console and PC, it’s free-to-play and doesn’t include paid items that offer a gameplay advantage, but it’s supported by a premium battle pass and an in-game store selling cosmetics.

Mobile data tracking firm Sensor Tower has estimated that Apex Legends Mobile generated $4.8 million through player spending in its first seven days on the App Store and Google Play.

The US was the biggest country for player spending, accounting for 44% ($2.1 million) of total revenue, followed by Japan and Thailand.

PUBG Mobile generated some $600,000 in the seven days after monetisation was introduced to the game in April 2018, while Call of Duty: Mobile brought in $14.8 million in its first week following its October 2019 release, according to Sensor Tower.

PUBG Mobile and Call of Duty Mobile have now generated more than $8 billion and over $1.5 billion in lifetime player spending respectively, according to Sensor Tower.

It said Apex Legends Mobile was the most downloaded iPhone game in 60 countries on May 17., including the US, UK, Japan, India, and Germany.

Global first week installs were highest in the US, followed by India and Brazil.

As the original Apex Legends does in the console and PC space, the new mobile version of the game is expected to go head-to-head with Call of Duty Warzone soon.

Activision confirmed this month that the mobile version of its battle royale hit, which is codenamed ‘Project Aurora’, has entered closed alpha testing, ahead of a potential release later this year.

Apex Legends publisher Electronic Arts is also working on Battlefield Mobile, which CEO Andrew Wilson said this month could be released before April 2023.

kingfey

Banned
Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I give credit to any gamer that can have fun and do well with twitchy games on smartphones.

way back I tried some Gears knock off game on a buddy's smartphone. I forget what it was called. Graphics were pretty good, but cramming your thumbs onto touchscreen buttons covering the corners of the screen and no tactile feel to pressing them. I dont even remember how shoulder button kinds of functionality worked like on a gamepad. NMCOT. But if people can make it work and have fun, more power to ya.

Last edited:

Jennings

Is that good or bad? In a world where huge profits are still seen as failures by execs I don't know what the expectation was.

Diddy X

PUBG more popular than COD in mobile? Wasn't expecting that, Warzone is expected to be bigger I wanna see those numbers.

kingfey

Banned
Is that good or bad? In a world where huge profits are still seen as failures by execs I don't know what the expectation was.
That is the difference between money printer ceo, and money hungry ceo.

While EA is shit, they always find a way to make money from their IPs, while Square squanders any opportunities to make more money.

Top Bottom