• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

Tesseract

Banned
Fight Night Collection Event Patch Notes

38a195245a4a9d0946ec2cda5cf7e8d53623603f.jpg

2020 is last year’s news. Let’s start talking about 2021, beginning with our plans for the 7.2 patch, which hits 8pm PT on January 5th.

In short, today we’ll be telling you about:
  • The Fight Night Collection Event, and its associated rewards track, collectible cosmetics, and the new Gibraltar heirloom.
  • The Pathfinder Town Takeover
  • A new temporary game-type, the “Airdrop Escalation Takeover”
  • Newly generous loot-granting MRVNs
  • And a whole host of balance changes and bug fixes
Fight Night Collection Event and Rewards Track

The Fight Night Collection Event brings another set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics to Apex Legends.

[insert asset showing full track]

All 24 items will be available through direct purchase (for Apex Coins or Crafting Metals) and in Event Apex Packs for the entire duration of the event.

Each Event Pack will come with one event item and two non-event items at the following drop rates:

8362859034e4db7632f6a872605b95c3c341f664.png

If you want to learn more about how Event-Limited Cosmetics work, visit our FAQ.

If you collect all 24 event items, you’ll get the Gibraltar Heirloom.

0d60b5d33edb2eaaefc5758f135979e95ce72968.png

After the event ends, the Gibraltar Heirloom will become available via heirloom crafting.

As with previous events, this event brings a rewards track with all-new earnable cosmetics:

84e945cac45efe192c800e402c44231ed23b599b.jpg

Pathfinder Town Takeover

Drop your weapons and get ready for a brawl in Pathfinder’s Town Takeover: Fight Night style.

[Pathfinder Town Takeover image asset]

Entering the ring will prevent any player from using their weapons and any of their abilities. The only way to beat someone is via a bit of fist o’ cuffs. Oh, and don’t worry about any outside ring interference—no outside projectiles, grenades, or abilities can penetrate the ring’s force field.

[another Pathfinder Town Takeover image asset]

Punchout the loot balls contained within the ring to scoop up some rare loot. Just remember you can’t use it until you leave!

Airdrop Escalation Takeover

With this update, we’re testing a new approach to LTMs. Instead of launching as its own playlist, the Airdrop Escalation LTM will be a “takeover” of the normal “Play Apex” game mode. It’s classic Battle Royale, but with way, way more supply drops. Immediately after you leave the Jumpship, you’ll find a cluster of four supply drops across the map. During each round, more will drop—they land at the same speed as Lifeline’s Care Packages.

[airdrop takeover image asset]

Each supply drop contains a fully-kitted weapon of different tiers, depending on the round. For example, Round one’s drops feature level two kitted weapons while Round four’s drops include red armor and crate weapons. As with regular fully-kitted weapons, you can’t break them down or swap their attachments onto other weapons. And, of course, regular weapons and weapons will still appear as ground loot.

[another air drop ltm asset]

We’re curious to see what y’all think about the “takeover” approach to LTMs, so let us know!

Loot MRVNs

After having been previously decommissioned, MRVNs are now programmed to reward Legends in the arena. Only appearing in Olympus, these friendly guys will give you loot after interacting with them. They’ll produce tiered loot equal to what is shown on their screens.

[Loot MRVNs image asset]

• White sad face = Common level 1 loot
  • Neutral blue face = Rare level 2 loot
  • Pleased purple face = Epic level 3 loot
  • Very Happy yellow face = Legendary Level 4 loot

[another Loot MRVNs image asset]

Pick up your loot and thank your friendly MRVN. Or, if you’re feeling toxic, shoot them. When you do, they may drop their arm for you to store in your inventory. Taking this to another MRVN with the missing piece may get you a reward. Hi-five?

Meta Updates

Legends
There’s nothing too meta-shaking this time around; we’re giving Season 7 some extra time to shake out. Horizon released strong, but not overpowered. The below buffs are aimed at small power increases. Rampart still needs overall power, and the Caustic buff is an extra bit of compensation for the loss of vision blur from gas in Season 7. Note that looking at our data, the Season 7 change was a solid buff for Caustic, but he’s not quite where we want him to be.

Rampart:
Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds

Caustic:
Nox Gas Trap: Decreased cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds

Weapons

Hemlok:
Decreased damage from 22 to 20.

Mastiff:
Spread out 3rd/4th pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits

Prowler:
Reserve bullets increased from 175 to 210

Quality of Life

• Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
  • When in a lobby, if a party member leaves your lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.” This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
  • The fabled “Mark All As Seen” button has been added. Click this to remove the pesky (I mean helpful) red dots.
  • Pinging the nearest respawn beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don't have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
  • We now show you how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page. This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.
  • Caustic should now smash the door with his Heirloom hammer instead of his leg, if available.
  • We added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.

Bug Fixes

Bloodhound
  • Fixed an issue with Bloodhound’s UI disappearing after interacting with Horizon’s Tactical.
  • Wraith
  • Fixed an issue with Wraith’s Portals getting destroyed by the Trident.

Bangalore
  • Fixed an issue with Bangalore’s missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in Worlds Edge.

Mirage
  • Fixed an issue with Mirage’s decoys not making footstep sounds.

Crypto
  • Fixed an issue with Hack consuming two Vault keys if two keys were in Crypto’s inventory.
  • Fixed an issue with Hack getting stuck within the Trident when deployed as a passenger and the trident is on a ramp.

Revenant
  • Fixed an issue causing other players to teleport with Revenant if they punch Revenant when he has very little health.
  • Fixed an issue that didn’t allow Revenant to deploy the Death Totem while on the Trident.

Loba
  • Fixed a lot of windows in World’s Edge that prevented Loba’s bracelet from passing through.

Rampart
  • Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
  • Fix an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.

Horizon
  • Fixed an issue with Horizon’s abilities not affecting Lifeline’s DOC and Crypto’s drone.

That’s all for now. See you in the Arena, Legends.

RPS37

I don’t want to admit how much money I spent on Apex coins, but let’s just say I have event skins for all of the legends I play as now and I’m pumped.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I don’t want to admit how much money I spent on Apex coins, but let’s just say I have event skins for all of the legends I play as now and I’m pumped.
Not really a roastable offense unless you have all the heirlooms then you have a mental illness.

Last edited:

RPS37

• Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
giphy.gif
I’m just now seeing this. Crucial.

Mista

Banned
giphy.gif
Thats a nice QoL!

Alx

I thought the golden grenade was linked to some kind of special ability, but it doesn't seem so in the end... Do we know what that guy can do exactly ?

Alx

Apparently his special ability already appears in-game, you can hear a bomb falling down and watch it get stuck in the ground without detonating (it can take damage if you shoot at it). I suppose it's detonated remotely.

Tesseract

Banned
Apparently his special ability already appears in-game, you can hear a bomb falling down and watch it get stuck in the ground without detonating (it can take damage if you shoot at it). I suppose it's detonated remotely.
yeah i saw it a few games ago, shot it with a scout and exploded into a ring of fire

pretty cool

Last edited:

Banned
the new trailer is out.
first impressions, I expect the mountain site in the north (by Slums and Artillery) to be somewhat gone and new POIs around that area.

Fuse seems like a cool guy, can't wait to see how he plays

Tesseract

Banned

Data-mined Information
  • The following information came from data-mined/leaked sources that may or may not appear in future updates of the game or in the state they are currently presented.

• Tactical: Airburst Grenade: Fires a grenade with a small launcher on Fuse's right forearm.
  • Ultimate: The Motherlode: Fires a missile with the cannon on Fuse's back, that spreads burning flames after the strike.
  • Passive: Unknown, may store up to 2 Frag Grenades and/or 2 Thermite Grenades per inventory slot.

Alx

So tactical = grenade, ultimate = big grenade, passive = more grenades... eh, I guess I should be confident in Respawn's game designers, but it doesn't sound too hot right now.

Tesseract

Banned
horizon was a step in the right direction, more or less exactly my kinda legend

not sure what to make of fuse yet, the intimidation factor should be fun

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I had an easier time believing Fuse is bisexual than I ever did for Loba. Slapping Caustic on the ass got me like 😍

He is straight though... Maybe. You never know with this game.

Boss Mog

Be honest, how many of you thought we were gonna get the woman instead of Fuse at the end of the "Good as Gold" before they showed he survived the blast? After that Forge bait and switch I'm always expecting them to wanna fuck with us and the data miners.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Be honest, how many of you thought we were gonna get the woman instead of Fuse at the end of the "Good as Gold" before they showed he survived the blast? After that Forge bait and switch I'm always expecting them to wanna fuck with us and the data miners.
Not at all because of the leaked characters from October.

Also Fuse is the oldest living legend in Apex. He's 54 and he's daddy. 🥰

Boss Mog

Forge had some text files for abilities and an illustration he did not have a physical finished model like this:

AwdyTfI.jpg
Yeah but I can tell you right off the bat that that Blisk model is wrong because he's a lot older in Apex than he is in Titanfall 2 and has white hair. If one thing is wrong then anything can be wrong and nothing in these shots is final, devs can change stuff and replacing a model with another is fairly simple to do.

Top Bottom