• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

Banned
Maps? There’s just one isn't there?
there are 3

I watched Doc play a little today, wow, it is so slow to get into a fight. The maps need reduced or they need to get the count up to 200 per map. This game is basically PUBG but with fast movement. No fights until the very end, damn boring IMO.
first of all, Doc is absolutely horrible at the game, this means he will be matched with absolutely horrible players. so no wonder his games are slow. most low level players just try to stay alive and don't engage in fights till the end because they're scared of fights.

second of all, not every game needs to be braindead running and shooting everyone on sight like CoD, Apex is more about actual team fights so the speed and player count works really well with that concept. the game would be an unplayable mess with 200 players, the thought that you'd think this would be a good idea is mindbogglingly to me

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Maps? There’s just one isn't there?
There are 3 maps which have each been reworked a number of times in conjunction with the story (King's canyon, World's Edge and Olympus). At the start of every season, the latest reworked map, this time King's Canyon, is the only map available for the first 14 days. Then it will rotate every hour or two with one of the other maps while the third map is vaulted for the time being while it gets reworked for next season. We probably won't see a 4th map added until Season 10 or 11.

Last edited:

RPS37

I watched Doc play a little today, wow, it is so slow to get into a fight. The maps need reduced or they need to get the count up to 200 per map. This game is basically PUBG but with fast movement. No fights until the very end, damn boring IMO.
Half Baked Reaction GIF

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Fights can take a long time to battle out. This is not a twitch shooter like CoD, where you can run through teams. If you start a fight in Apex, you better finish it within 30 seconds (that's hard in diamond+ ranks) or else you'll be 3rd party'd, 4th party'd and eventually 5th party'd. Apex Legends is the most tactical BR out there - nothing comes close to. If you want to see how it's done, take a look at ImperialHal on Twitch. Doc is a CoD player and fun to watch, but he should stick with brainless twitch shooters.

MMaRsu

Banned
First Doc was playing duos which is lame, then he played a few games and only played old shit, pathfinder, no new weapons or legends. He didnt bother to learn the movement and I had to send him a message in superchat to tell him to put away his guns to run.

Bruh he quit after that he didnt know wtf he was doing

CitizenZ

Banned
First Doc was playing duos which is lame, then he played a few games and only played old shit, pathfinder, no new weapons or legends. He didnt bother to learn the movement and I had to send him a message in superchat to tell him to put away his guns to run.

Bruh he quit after that he didnt know wtf he was doing

I dont think its the movement, which is pretty awesome, it just seems to take forever to find a fight. And then when you do, there are only a few teams left. Rinse and repeat scrounging. like i said its a faster paced PUBG. 95% scrounging and 5% fighting.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Its a good thing its FTP or it would have probably ended up in the ever growing heap of BR titles.
What are u even doing in this thread? You obviously don't know what u're babbling about. Watching Doc's stream who's a total noob at the game and now u're an expert? Priceless, lol... Go back into ur hole, troll.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
What are u even doing in this thread? You obviously don't know what u're babbling about. Watching Doc's stream who's a total noob at the game and now u're an expert? Priceless, lol... Go back into ur hole, troll.

I made a simple observation. He played 5 games and the avg time to get into a fight was like forever. Thats all. If its your jam, have fun. Is it different, dont know. I would have preferred more TF2 but i guess there wasnt enough color.

Tesseract

Banned
I made a simple observation. He played 5 games and the avg time to get into a fight was like forever. Thats all. If its your jam, have fun. Is it different, dont know. I would have preferred more TF2 but i guess there wasnt enough color.
if you hot drop and pay attention to trails, there's usually firefights around every corner

titanfall 2 is still plenty active if you want insta-action

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
If they nerf Horizon again on God I'll come for Daniel Klein. Dude is trying to drag every character into the perfect mid tier space but it doesn't work in anyone's favour cuz some characters will always be shit. Rampart no matter what you do will never be "good"

Tesseract

Banned
abandoned my alt accounts, timing scrims on disc was getting annoying as was shotcalling psychomaniac slavs

back to random ranked plat hell

PSYGN

Their patch notes for the Kings Canyon map said something about preventing third parties but for me it's worse than ever in that map.

Banned
If they nerf Horizon again on God I'll come for Daniel Klein. Dude is trying to drag every character into the perfect mid tier space but it doesn't work in anyone's favour cuz some characters will always be shit. Rampart no matter what you do will never be "good"

rampart can be good if building her stuff (including her ult) would be basically instantaneous, maybe just enough building time so you can destroy the walls should you already be shooting in her direction at the moment of her deploying them.

also maybe the way she deploys them should be changed. instead of plonking them down in front of you, maybe you should be able to throw them a few meters away from you similar to Caustic's gas

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Their patch notes for the Kings Canyon map said something about preventing third parties but for me it's worse than ever in that map.
i think it's significantly better than it was on account of so many chokepoints being opened up

still not where it needs to be but partying is part of the game, some players are all about that mutant life

Last edited:
whenever they changed the TTK, a couple months ago. Either last season or season 6. It was my worst Apex Legends experience. It was dreadful to play.

But i've been playing a ton of season 8. And this is maybe the most fun i've had. Fuse is fantastic. As i've always been a grenade spammer in any shooter i play. Maybe the gold magazines are a little excessive. And im still not sold on evolving armor. But for a battle royal experience. This is easily my favorite game.

This might actually be my fave online shooter, overall.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
Played it when it released forever ago, and jumped back in this week. I do like the game.

But in an hour of game-play, I won 2 times and killed maybe 5 or 6 people. That was maybe 5 minutes of action in an hour.

I'm not asking for COD, but in every game of apex I always came to the conclusion nothing ever happens until the very end.

Banned
Played it when it released forever ago, and jumped back in this week. I do like the game.

But in an hour of game-play, I won 2 times and killed maybe 5 or 6 people. That was maybe 5 minutes of action in an hour.

I'm not asking for COD, but in every game of apex I always came to the conclusion nothing ever happens until the very end.

I had a matvh yesterday where we killed literally 5 teams without even leaving the spot we landed in.

in low level play often people just hide. and especially in this even where you get not only rewarded for landing top 10 but also for winning with different characters throughout the event.

in higher levels people often will hear gunshots and rush at you as fast as they can

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Find two friends and play for 4K, 20bomb and 10-10-10 badges. When you've learnt the rotations, when to 3rd party and so on - jump into ranked. Believe me - if you only fight in end game, it's because you choose to. Keep an eye out for where teams are landing and listen for fights. You'll quickly have above 1K dmg in every game.

Boss Mog

I play with rl friends so we kind of like being able to shoot the breeze during the looting phase since we don't see much of each other these days. I do wish they would make the train mode from the xmas event permanent, that mode is a blast and it's all action. But if you want team deathmatch Apex then just play Titanfall 2. It has most of the same guns and same gunplay feel to it though with a shorter ttk obviously.

Last edited:

Melon Husk

Random thoughts about nerfing. It goes without saying that balance is a complex issue. Some heroes should be strong in early game and other in late game. Skills can't be touched without considering their counters.

Some hero skills have gotten too powerful or their downsides have been nerfed. This has lead to skill spamming. Short cool-down timers really mess with this idea of tactical use because there is no need to wait for the "right moment". Bloodhound in particular has such a powerful tactical skill that the downside of revealing your location is negligible. Horizon's gravity lift embarrasses Pathfinder's solo-use, slow swinging grappling hook in comparison. Lifeline's passive skill is also all-too-powerful since there no downside to reviving. Caustic's team-friendly gas has also led to spammy use, and that explains partly why Bloodhound is so popular. Fuse's tactical, surgical long-range grenade placement, should prove popular in late game and boost the popularity of Wattson. It would be fun if Wattson's electric fence blocked nades like her ult does. Rampart is useless as long as grenades exist. Immobility kills her skillset.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

my 2 packs were a purple weapon skin and the purple Bangalore skin... so I wasn't that lucky either lol
I haven't gotten my second pack yet but even though I was "lucky" to get a gold on my my first event pack it was the Revenant skin which was the one I liked the least by far so...

Banned
I haven't gotten my second pack yet but even though I was "lucky" to get a gold on my my first event pack it was the Revenant skin which was the one I liked the least by far so...

oh yeah the Revenant skin is definitely the worst.

I crafted the Octane skin, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get some more crafting metals before the event ends and can get the Caustic or the Gibraltar skin too.

if not I might end up crafting the purple Octane skin since I kinda like that one too, and it's only 400, so...

Last edited:

Boss Mog

oh yeah the Revenant skin is definitely the worst.

I crafted the Octane skin, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll get some more crafting metals before the event ends and can get the Caustic or the Gibraltar skin too.

if not I might end up crafting the purple Octane skin since I kinda like that one too, and it's only 400, so...
I'm probably gonna craft the Caustic and Mirage ones. I've been waiting for the Iron Man variant of The Revenger skin to come back in the store but legend token variants move at a snails' pace in the store, sometimes it's all weapons for weeks. Respawn are awful with that.

Alx

I crafted the Revenant skin, I like the aztec mummy look but prefer the original one, with the stone-like texture instead of the modern one.
The free packages gave me the Crypto one and purple Loba, meh (I already owned the original Crypto, which looks better).
I also crafted the Gibraltar one, but hesitated with his, Bloodhound's or Wattson's. In the end I chose Gibraltar because I don't own good legendary skins for him, but I'll soon have enough gold for two more event packages, crossing my fingers.

Banned
I'm probably gonna craft the Caustic and Mirage ones. I've been waiting for the Iron Man variant of The Revenger skin to come back in the store but legend token variants move at a snails' pace in the store, sometimes it's all weapons for weeks. Respawn are awful with that.

I actually have that variant. I got the original version in a pack literally a day before it came to the store. it is IMO the only really good non-event Legendary for him. really love it. but then again, red + gold is my jam.
I instantly crafted Octane's El Diablo skin as soon as the Red Shift variant came into the store, I didn't know this variant existed (I got it the first time it was in the store and hadn't looked at leaked variants at that point) but I literally said when I saw the original that it would be bad ass to have a gold and red variant of it :messenger_tears_of_joy: a few weeks later it appeared in the store and I was throwing my crafting metals and legend tokens at the screen! :nougat_rofl::
Red_Shift_Octane.png

and I of course had to craft the current event skin for him...

El_Tigre_Octane.png

ever since they massacred my boy Pathfinder I was an Octane main... and with the ENORMOUS buff he got this season and the smaller buff last season he is now super fun to play... although I have the feeling he will be nerfed soon lol... me and my brother are both pretty good at the game and whenever we play duos we completely destroy people ver since that buff :lollipop_horns: sniper headshot > Shields down > jump pad > DELETE! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

RPS37

I get matched with so many idiot randos, when I survive a firefight, I feel a huge feeling of accomplishment/relief.

Top Bottom