• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

I call this one Ride the Lightning. Weird glitch that had pink static lightning all around me from when I got teleported by my squadmate and it stayed for the rest of the game. Mirage got bling.

KrakenIPA

Got a dub with caustic, had a strange lag at the end (strange because I usually get that at the beginning of the game, SCiEnCe.) some legends still know that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell... I was rocking the Mozam and the 301 the whole time, I need 4 more kills for my Caustic weekly. I must get to the lab with these new samples.

Alx

So I guess the new mode will be some kind of deathmatch ? Could be a good change of pace and a way to filter all the blood-thirsty players out of the BR mode.

Boss Mog

Hopefully the Arenas thing won't take over the game and BR will still be the main focus. Weird that they ditched numbering the seasons.

KrakenIPA

Why do my teammates keep pinging the random yellow sprays! I know what it is! Sorry, I'm just 1 win of 16 games over here.

Alx

Well it took me some time to realize what I was supposed to do with them, and right now I wouldn't mind having more teammates pointing at them since I still need 3 scans.
What are the "CP" stars you unlock with them btw ?

Alx

So Arena is 3 Vs 3... we'll see how it goes. I wasn't convinced by the comparison to "dropping hot" (which I dislike in the regular game), but I'm ok for trying a mode more focused on action.

Our gardens stealth assault uphill without circle position in the final two squads while our Kraber wielding player kept them distracted worked out perfectly. SoGood.gif.

Really looking forward to 3v3 arena in Apex, it will be interesting to not really loot or get third partied. If it's not too sweaty it might just be the brilliant core of Apex with the volume turned to 11. Judgement awaits.

Last edited:

Balboa

Pubs are pure trash right now i either don't get a full team for at least 1/3 games or I actually do and one goes down and quits whilst we're fighting to get their banner every.damn.time, just an embarrassing experience all round!

Pubs are pure trash right now i either don't get a full team for at least 1/3 games or I actually do and one goes down and quits whilst we're fighting to get their banner every.damn.time, just an embarrassing experience all round!

Something has broken with the matchmaking system since they introduced fill/no fill teammates. 3 games in a row last night we didn't get a 3rd squad member filled.

Then again who needs player 3 when you get this end game going (clip is a little slow to begin with but this was so fun with my mate, steady and slow for end game run then tag teaming that last full squad FTW) -

RPS37

It saddens me that this thread wasn’t on the first page when I went to look for it.
T minus 8 hours.

Valkyries so OP lol. I can just fly out any situation. I can unleash a barrage of rockets that will obliterate from up close every like 20 seconds or something. I luv it.

Apex is one of my fave games, for sure. But their battle passes really suck. The only good thing i ever get in these things is the 3 gun skins at the end of that pass.

Alx

She feels unbalanced on paper, we'll see how it turns out in the end. I played her a couple of times and didn't feel I had a major advantage on other players, even if her mobility is very convenient. On the other hand I had the opportunity to ambush a Valk as a Rampart, waiting for her to get into take-off position before murdering her with Sheila. Was funny to watch her crawl back into the building. :D
I played a round or two of Arena, not feeling it at the moment (but then I usually dislike round-based games, with micro-management in-between...). I guess it's great for people who want their quick rush to action, but for me it's either the "die-respawn-kill" cycle of Deathmatch/Attrition, or the "gear up/take position/load abilities" of BR. Most other modes don't do it for me.
The bow is cool in itself, I guess it's best as a stealth weapon even if stealth situations are rare in the game. I'd rather rely on a sniping rifle for surprise attacks, or regular machine guns for combat.

There are some beast plays with the bow already, that tempo hop up for hitting crits and getting rapid fire is no joke. I/squad mates are really enjoying Valk and arena, great additions. Having World's Edge back is brilliant too, prefer that map over Olympus TBH. Also had a go at making a gif for a nice little stealth play in arena -

Alx

Is there a reason to play Arena without at least a Bloodhound or a Crypto in your team ? Highlighting the opponents in such small areas seems like a major advantage.
Crypto actually feels like cheating (hence why I mostly play him :p ) since his drone can cover the whole map, and once the fight engages the opponents won't have time to shoot it down.

This season made me fall in love with the charge rifle, which I didn't like much before. I don't know if they tuned it or if players have slower mobility in general (what with using the bow or hovering slowly with Valkyrie), but it felt easier to deal massive damage with a long expositin to the beam. Especially with a middle-range scope.

Mirage gives some counter to those abilities. I find lifeline far more troublesome, shit really needs a cooldown after 1 or 2 revives. I've had games where the revs are like 4-6 times. Stupid and no other character gets to use their abilities with such impact and no cooldown. Charge rifle is a beast this season. Also the bow needs a nerf, it's too much as is now. Great weapon but it shouldn't stay how it is now.

Son asked me to play last night so we dived in and missed matching with a 3rd squad mate, we played as a two man hit and run team all nice and quiet like. We had to dodge one hell of a sweaty team chasing us near the end and then controlled the final circle for the win with a 2 v 1 showdown. My boy was pretty chuffed.

Alx

I just went through the patch notes, I hadn't even realized that they removed Lifeline's shield while healing. Now I feel bad for shouting at the teammates that wouldn't try and heal people in the middle of firefights (well they didn't hear me anyway since I play with mike off).
I did notice that Loba's ultimate took longer to charge, which is a good thing. I did enjoy the quick charge she had after her first buff, but again it felt like cheating, by the time you left the range of your previous marketplace you could summon a new one.
Surprised to see that Fuse had a low winning rate last season, I thought he felt quite effective. I'm going for a 15+ victories per legend goal, and I had no trouble reaching that with him (still need one more win for Rampart and Revenant, and 10 for Valkyrie).

I feel like too many players don't play Fusey in an optimal strategy. One of my buddies usually takes him but I found him really solid loading up with grenades (two in a slot), long range equipped and trap with ultimate/cluster then rain down those nades and cover fire. Push as needed.

Balboa

Chasing win 50 for Mirage and the matchmaking won't even give me a fighting chance any more, either one or zero teammates OR if I'm lucky I'll get a pair of level 5's to carry on my back.
The last week has been consistently the least fun I've ever had with this game :messenger_loudly_crying:

Chasing win 50 for Mirage and the matchmaking won't even give me a fighting chance any more, either one or zero teammates OR if I'm lucky I'll get a pair of level 5's to carry on my back.
The last week has been consistently the least fun I've ever had with this game :messenger_loudly_crying:
Agreed, shit is broken AF. Then quitters and poor landing choices just compounds those issues.

Balboa

Agreed, shit is broken AF. Then quitters and poor landing choices just compounds those issues.
Even when you do get a full team that knows how to shoot the second you start thinking about winning one of them will get disconnected mid game, I don't understand how it's been so bad for so long now with no fix in sight.

Alx

I feel like too many players don't play Fusey in an optimal strategy. One of my buddies usually takes him but I found him really solid loading up with grenades (two in a slot), long range equipped and trap with ultimate/cluster then rain down those nades and cover fire. Push as needed.
I guess many players have a hard time playing cover and long range. I still get frustrated every time we are in a strong position, with higher grounds and/or closer to the ring, with opposing teams trapped or fighting each other, and my teammates just leave that perfect advantage to go run and gun the other guys (and quite often get slaughtered in the process, or worse survive the encounter only to be killed by the ring).

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I only play Fuse outside of Ranked and that Knuckle Cluster buff REALLY fucking helped to put the pressure on people hiding behind stuff.

Melon Husk

I have never trapped anyone inside Fuse's ring of fire. Throwing arc stars from a distance however, that works. Shame about the arc star nerf, they were too good at dealing with greedy duos.

edit: Pre-match and mid-match quitters in matchmaking are only becoming more prevalent. I have "fill" checked for trios but often drop with 1 or 0 teammates. Mid-match quitting makes arenas a waste of time. Lose the first round in arenas and it's suddenly a 2v3.

Last edited:

Balboa

So Saturday I play for 2 hours and it's a never ending supply of the worst teammates the game has to offer so I'm bursting with rage and swearing to never play Apex again.

Then Sunday I come crawling back for a 90 minute session where I win 5 games, I'm starting to think the real enemy is not the other 57 players but the matchmaking puppet master that gets to decide your fate before the game even starts!

PSYGN

So Saturday I play for 2 hours and it's a never ending supply of the worst teammates the game has to offer so I'm bursting with rage and swearing to never play Apex again.

Then Sunday I come crawling back for a 90 minute session where I win 5 games, I'm starting to think the real enemy is not the other 57 players but the matchmaking puppet master that gets to decide your fate before the game even starts!

Even having just one coordinated team mate makes all the difference in this game. I wish they had it to where if you're not partied up then you match with other people who aren't partied up. I would gladly wait 15+ seconds for that, and the game could better balance the teams to a granular level.

Last edited:
Even having just one coordinated team mate makes all the difference in this game. I wish they had it to where if you're not partied up then you match with other people who aren't partied up. I would gladly wait 15+ seconds for that, and the game could better balance the teams to a granular level.

I agree, I'm not sure how much Apex does this but Halo MCC has a setting for just that, search anything or match teams.

There is still a huge problem with Apex games starting and you lack a team mate being filled too. Sucks just as much as matching full stack smurf squads. The other element to being on a random team is the location the jumpmaster chooses, fuck me there are some braindead drops by randies out there.

Balboa

I've noticed that if you start matchmaking and then cancel it seems to reserve your spot in that lobby incase you ready up again within a certain time it will put you straight back in, if you don't make it I'm guessing it tries to fill these vacancies at the last second and fails miserably most of the time resulting in the missing teammates.

19 KILLS/3925 DMG, I should be happy with this but it's so close to the badges that it's just painful :messenger_loudly_crying:

I feel your pain. When arena first released I went similar, something like 3800 and then my squadmate let me know arena does not count towards the badge.

Last edited:
Had a sweet Mirage run on my ALT GT the other day in a solo match. It's a world of difference playing as a rando low level vs a stacked squad in high ranks. A bit slow on the vid doing a revive so jump to 1:40 to get started.

Closest I've been to a 4K and 20 bomb. Went 15 kills, 17 knocks and 3500 damage and taking out a full squad reviving a couple of times solo FTW.

Last edited:

Balboa

Had a sweet Mirage run on my ALT GT the other day in a solo match. It's a world of difference playing as a rando low level vs a stacked squad in high ranks. A bit slow on the vid doing a revive so jump to 1:40 to get started.

Closest I've been to a 4K and 20 bomb. Went 15 kills, 17 knocks and 3500 damage and taking out a full squad reviving a couple of times solo FTW.

Nicely done, some great decoys there! LOL@that Fuse player he didn't even heal once from when you initially cracked him, shambles

I can't even play this game anymore it just feel like I'm wasting my time, I can play 2+ hours and every teammate is either straight terrible/a new player/a quitter/a troll or a combination of all four.
Whatever fun I used to be having is now non-existant! I used to get a nice balance of trash games/competitive games/wins but now it's almost entirely trash.

This is the most extreme example of what it takes for me to get a win right now, making a new account seems like the way to go because this is just becoming unplayable.

6JGBrrV.jpg

Nicely done, some great decoys there! LOL@that Fuse player he didn't even heal once from when you initially cracked him, shambles

I can't even play this game anymore it just feel like I'm wasting my time, I can play 2+ hours and every teammate is either straight terrible/a new player/a quitter/a troll or a combination of all four.
Whatever fun I used to be having is now non-existant! I used to get a nice balance of trash games/competitive games/wins but now it's almost entirely trash.

This is the most extreme example of what it takes for me to get a win right now, making a new account seems like the way to go because this is just becoming unplayable.

6JGBrrV.jpg

Oh dude, even I'm feeling happiness and rage with that 19k and 3925. So good and so bad. Love it.

Damn true about the quality of games overall. Randy trash solo or sweat/cheater/smurfs squad when playing in a team. I've taken to using an ALT GT myself too.

There are so many cheaters out there now with rapid fire and anti recoil. Honestly feels like every game nearly now. That fucking Cronus cheat hardware needs to be eradicated.

Last edited:

Balboa

Retired Mirage and started playing Octane to freshen things up a bit, rough start but finally had one of those fun games where you remember why you still play Apex!
11 kills, 3 revives, 2 respawns and no quitters, slobberknocker from start to finish ya gotta love it

Alx

Did the game get hacked ? I’m locked in a « save titan fall » playlist with no option to play regular ones. Also mentions discord groups and Russian emails that seem quite fishy.

edit - apparently it’s being hacked by people complaining about the cheating occurring in PC Titanfall. Great idea guys, complain about a game being unplayable by making another game unplayable. Assholes.

Last edited:

Balboa

Yeah you have to repeatedly go back to the main menu to get it working again, it's ridiculous that something like this is even possible.
EA must be glad it says save titanfall though as opposed to any of the vulgar words they could have slipped into the game for all the kids to see

Fun game constantly on the back foot, barely staying alive the entire match and with crap loot to delivering a Crypto final squads double respawn and playing support FTW. I recall telling my mates when we were two down (again) as one of the first squads "I want to come back and win this bitch". Tada, pulled it off nicely with a bit of luck and positioning.

Last edited:
Top Bottom