• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends // 'You kill me, you're better. I kill you, I'm better.'

Balboa

Fun game constantly on the back foot, barely staying alive the entire match and with crap loot to delivering a Crypto final squads double respawn and playing support FTW. I recall telling my mates when we were two down (again) as one of the first squads "I want to come back and win this bitch". Tada, pulled it off nicely with a bit of luck and positioning.

Is this solo queue? I don't think I've ever managed to effectively use Crypto due to uncooperative teammates, nevermind actually winning the game! gg

Is this solo queue? I don't think I've ever managed to effectively use Crypto due to uncooperative teammates, nevermind actually winning the game! gg

Nah, two regular buddies of mine for a full squad. Constant party chat comms. Crypto sucks as a solo, you need a coordinated team to make the dream work. Quitters jump out before you even get to their banner from 200m away.

Last edited:

Balboa

Another 90 minutes of my precious free time down the drain, managed to get every variation of dog shit team mate known to man

1. The cunt that lands off the edge of the map
2. The dumb fuck that drops solo without using no-fill
3. The clowns that land in the hottest part of the map and split up so that we have to 1v3 three different teams
4. The idiots who want to land on the edge of the map and loot for 15 minutes just to die as soon as we get into a fight because they can't aim a fucking gun
5. The weirdos that just vanish from the game mid match
6. The losers that leave their cursor over your character AFTER you've picked so you know they're sulking like a kid and are gonna quit out as soon as it starts

Fuck I hate this game

Another 90 minutes of my precious free time down the drain, managed to get every variation of dog shit team mate known to man

1. The cunt that lands off the edge of the map
2. The dumb fuck that drops solo without using no-fill
3. The clowns that land in the hottest part of the map and split up so that we have to 1v3 three different teams
4. The idiots who want to land on the edge of the map and loot for 15 minutes just to die as soon as we get into a fight because they can't aim a fucking gun
5. The weirdos that just vanish from the game mid match
6. The losers that leave their cursor over your character AFTER you've picked so you know they're sulking like a kid and are gonna quit out as soon as it starts

Fuck I hate this game

Feels like the makings of a dark comedy youtube channel. I feel all that, it hurts.

Did it again last night, 3 respawns and 2 revives later scrapped until the final fights and took the win with superior positioning. We've had such an awesome run the last few nights, maybe 4-6 wins a night, it's been crazy fun.

Balboa

That feeling when your wraith teammate is void running from building to building with no enemies in sight then the bloodhound gets disconnected, I'm past my breaking point with this shit

EDIT: Then the next game is a broken slideshow lobby
EDIT: next game only one teammate in trios

Last edited:

Jebron

The lack of a next-gen upgrade for this game has completely turned me off. I've played weekly since launch but it's been over 8 months since the release of the new consoles and not even a date by Respawn for an upgrade patch. How the fuck are we still playing the PS4 version in back compat!? Also, the input delay compared to PC is absolutely unacceptable.

The lack of a next-gen upgrade for this game has completely turned me off. I've played weekly since launch but it's been over 8 months since the release of the new consoles and not even a date by Respawn for an upgrade patch. How the fuck are we still playing the PS4 version in back compat!? Also, the input delay compared to PC is absolutely unacceptable.
On playstation? There was a very marked difference when I went from my X1X to my Series X. The 4K HDR was a major update for me, I recall being very happy about it. Generally smooth as butter framerate wise too.

Also I play with my Elite 2 controller wired and don't notice any input delay compared to playing wired on my PC with the same controller (2700X and 2070RTX, nothing fancy, but does just below 4K but with HDR 60fps as well).

I cannot speak for PS as I don't play there.

Balboa

Do people seriously just come back for the first week of every season to spend hundreds of dollars on skins and throw every game for me? Why don't they just fuck off

Jebron

Do people seriously just come back for the first week of every season to spend hundreds of dollars on skins and throw every game for me? Why don't they just fuck off
Hahaha man I just don't play for the first few weeks of each season, it consistently seems more frustrating than normal at the start.

Balboa

I spend over a minute sat at the vault door trying to get my teammate to bring the key over, they eventually show up and immediately sprint away without opening it because the ROUND ONE ring is closing in, I'm gonna be sick

Jebron

I spend over a minute sat at the vault door trying to get my teammate to bring the key over, they eventually show up and immediately sprint away without opening it because the ROUND ONE ring is closing in, I'm gonna be sick
Yeah, every time I come back and play I’m reminded how frustrating Apex is to play solo.

Balboa

Yeah, every time I come back and play I’m reminded how frustrating Apex is to play solo.
It's a pure slot machine right now, there's a 1% chance I get some good teammates and we win no question or it's a 99% chance I get idiots and then 1% chance I can solo kill the 3 stack Seer champion squad at the end of the game. UNPLAYABLE

Balboa

Finally came to my senses and uninstalled this game to preserve my sanity, it was the moment when both of my teammates insta died then one quits and the other lets me respawn him only for him to run straight to the edge of the map and jump off.

I feel better already :messenger_grinning:

Balboa

Thought maybe I was being too hasty and reinstalled the game, how bad can it be right?

Game 1: teammate disconnects
Game 2: teammate solo drops off the map
Game 3: teammate disconnects
Game 4: teammate AFK
Game 5: teammate solo challenges a duo in the fight night ring after we kill their teammate, dies and quits despite there being a respawn beacon right next to it
Game 6: teammate quits because he can't play Octane
Game 7: finally a full team for more than 30 seconds, Seer decides to run off on his own and somehow gets surprised by another team despite having EVERY wallhack ability known to man

This game has the most garbage playerbase in the history of FPS I shall not speak of it again, good day to you all

Thought maybe I was being too hasty and reinstalled the game, how bad can it be right?

Game 1: teammate disconnects
Game 2: teammate solo drops off the map
Game 3: teammate disconnects
Game 4: teammate AFK
Game 5: teammate solo challenges a duo in the fight night ring after we kill their teammate, dies and quits despite there being a respawn beacon right next to it
Game 6: teammate quits because he can't play Octane
Game 7: finally a full team for more than 30 seconds, Seer decides to run off on his own and somehow gets surprised by another team despite having EVERY wallhack ability known to man

This game has the most garbage playerbase in the history of FPS I shall not speak of it again, good day to you all

It's rough AF going solo in Apex. I find time of day playing helps alleviate some of that but not all. Also check out and make LFG groups for players local to your area/country, a squad that communicates is all the difference to you enjoying Apex mate.

Klik

If you're on PS5 turn off 3D audio in settings. Difference is night and day. I guess Apex doesnt fully support 3d audio on PS5 so the sound is really muffled and weird.

Made a smurf account to play with my mate, he's having trouble getting through Gold. So close to a squad wipe for the win after fighitng them for about 5 minutes.

Had to play to 10 XP level before I could play rank, forgot about that from years ago with my main. I can see why people make smurf accounts, it's mental how simple and quick it is to make a smurf and just how limitless it can be. They give you an outlook email as part of the bloody sign up process. I'd like to see it stricter and more reliant on "real ISP" emails to reduce these fake accounts that skew the MMR etc.

Alx

Game is completely broken right now, getting stuck while loading a game, or having teammates disconnect all the time. :/
The character models for the collection event aren’t the best they made either.

Game is completely broken right now, getting stuck while loading a game, or having teammates disconnect all the time. :/
The character models for the collection event aren’t the best they made either.

Yep, I turned it off and played other games. It feels like the more they add the more they break with each release.

I just got back in to this myself. I haven't played it in so long I still am rocking the launch Legends. Then again, I've won a couple of games with Bangalore already. So can't be too bad.

Who is actually worth unlocking in this game?

Alx

I think all new legends are interesting in their own way, but my favorites are :
Crypto - best support character for a team, with unique « hide in a corner and track opponents » possibility
Loba - great to grab the best stuff for you and your team
Valkyrie - unique mobility skills that open many possibilities

I don’t remember if Caustic was an additional character, but he’s one of my favorites too, so many offense and defense possibilities.

Octane is ok-ish, can’t go wrong with him as it’s fun to run around and use jump pads, but there’s no big strategy with him. Fuse is fun if you like grenades, meh otherwise.
Mirage has been improved a lot and is great to mess with opponents, but I’m not too fond of him. Don’t care much about Watson and Revenant, but it’s more because of how I like to play the game.

Regular bud of mine, who backpacks me all the time, went down with a randy at the end game and I solo mirage-d the hell out of a two man squad FTW. A little long at the start in this clip but felt good to get this win to complete our hattrick of wins that night. Nice to backpack him for a change.

Also, I'm so tired of randies hot dropping and quitting, epidemic proportions in Apex/BR games. Hang around, you never know what could happen -

Last edited:

Alx

Had a few runs in the new map, not sure what to think of it right now. The large environments can be tedious if you're not using ziplines, gravity cannons or vehicles. I suppose that's the general idea, but when you're still discovering the map you spend far too long running on foot with nothing useful around you, and it makes it much easier for teammates to get lost far from the group with no easy option to catch them back.
Ash is an interesting character, especially her ultra that should be easier to use in the midst of a firefight than Wraith's portal. Still need to figure out how her passive ability works, I always forget about it when in a situation where it could be used (and you can't test it in the firing range)

I am Drax.

7R1OPIU.gif

Alx

Reminds me of that clip of a teammate that got away from a big firefight that way.

Also this one reminded me of that scene in "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" where Sean Connery calmly shoots down a fleeing enemy.

I’m gonna need to start taking notes of loot locations for this. I sometimes feel like I have the luck of an online slots gambler when I’m looking for pieces of equipment no matter what map I’m in.

Reminds me of that clip of a teammate that got away from a big firefight that way.

That's brilliant. So many players rely on movement for what they want to attack. It's become my go to. I like to call it "camping in the open".

I’m gonna need to start taking notes of loot locations for this. I sometimes feel like I have the luck of an online slots gambler when I’m looking for pieces of equipment no matter what map I’m in.

Generally good to try to land with only one other squad or your own team only plus near a replicator if you're after a decent loadout start before engaging. When you're moving about the map pay attention to the "loot tier" in areas you enter, some small text pops up on screen. You can memorise them to maximise your drops/loot runs. Otherwise it's hot drop and just attack with whatever.

There is a semi-secret location on the new map where a purple shield is guaranteed in one of the loot boxes, usually blues or two purples and sometimes a gold and a purple shield. Guns in 6 loot crates and half a dozen spiders orange nests on the walls/roof to shoot and get attachments/ammo/heals etc. If you can be jumpmaster and get a squad in there with no other squad you're set for rapid attack with massive advantage usually. Two tridents are near by so you can rapid attack or escape if your squad is getting caught out from teams closing in due to the noise you'll make kills spiders.

BPIDTGp.png

Last edited:

Alx

I wish people would stop dropping in Border's Edge city, every-fucking-time.
And if you're jumpmaster and decide to drop elsewheren you know at least one of your team members will leave the group to go to the city. Where's the fun in going into a random firefight with barely any gear or control of the situation ? Most of the time it means the game is over in less than 30 seconds.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Ferguson, a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries, breaks down the weaponry of Apex Legends, including the VK 47 Flatline, the Wingman Revolver, and the Triple Take 3 Barrel Marksman Rifle.

In the latest video in the Firearm Expert Reacts series, Jonathan Ferguson--a weapons expert and Keeper of Firearms & Artillery at the Royal Armouries--breaks down the guns of Apex Legends and compares them to their potential real-life counterparts.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
Funny it complains about an assumption and immediately makes about 20 assumptions. Also funny is console aim assist is much stronger than PC aim assist. On top of that PC can't disable cross play.
By standard PC players can do a lot of stuff console players can't. If you (as an MnK player) can't compete against controller players, you need to get better. Look at ALGS and how many that uses MnK Vs. controller. Controller players are still a minority in pro league, but they can compete against MnK players - and that's what MnK players don't like. Finally the balance across platforms are fair - even though controllers still are the inferior input method. So please stop the aim-assist hate, when you can rotate and pinpoint with your whole arm.

By standard PC players can do a lot of stuff console players can't. If you (as an MnK player) can't compete against controller players, you need to get better. Look at ALGS and how many that uses MnK Vs. controller. Controller players are still a minority in pro league, but they can compete against MnK players - and that's what MnK players don't like. Finally the balance across platforms are fair - even though controllers still are the inferior input method. So please stop the aim-assist hate, when you can rotate and pinpoint with your whole arm.
And you completely ignore it's not PC controller that's the issue. Its console AA is too strong. Its substantially stronger than PC AA. Taking about pros is completely irrelevant because the common player is no where near that level. A poor player on mnk is way way crappier then a poor controller player. A console controller player can track without even moving the right stick. A console controller player doesn't even have to see a player. The crosshair will track thru a bush and lock on. I'm fine with AA. Console AA is just too strong.

Last edited:

8BiTw0LF

Banned
And you completely ignore it's not PC controller that's the issue. Its console AA is too strong. Its substantially stronger than PC AA. Taking about pros is completely irrelevant because the common player is no where near that level. A poor player on mnk is way way crappier then a poor controller player. A console controller player can track without even moving the right stick. A console controller player doesn't even have to see a player. The crosshair will track thru a bush and lock on. I'm fine with AA. Console AA is just too strong.
Majority of console players are on last-gen with 60hz displays and dropping frames like shit. Correct me if I'm wrong: PC AA: 1.4 - Console AA: 1.6, so you're telling me 0.2 makes the difference, when PC has stable frames and better displays?
MnK players can strafe full speed (digital input) - Controller players can only strafe with analog input (left analog stick) = way slower strafe speed and strafing breaks aim-assist, even on console. Just sounds like you need to get better at the game and learn the mechanics/movement. If you're on PC you have the best odds to be better, cause movement is king in Apex.

Majority of console players are on last-gen with 60hz displays and dropping frames like shit. Correct me if I'm wrong: PC AA: 1.4 - Console AA: 1.6, so you're telling me 0.2 makes the difference, when PC has stable frames and better displays?
MnK players can strafe full speed (digital input) - Controller players can only strafe with analog input (left analog stick) = way slower strafe speed and strafing breaks aim-assist, even on console. Just sounds like you need to get better at the game and learn the mechanics/movement. If you're on PC you have the best odds to be better, cause movement is king in Apex.
So all PC have better framerate? All have better monitors? I bet most people playing on PC don't have good FPS or monitors. Again you ignore my first post of if console gets higher fps like 120 the aa advantage should go away. You are also ignoring PC can't turn off cross play. So a bad PC player will get qued with other bad PC players and their console friends who have very strong AA. Its not an issue for me. From the beginning I've said that. A crap PC player will get destroyed 100% of the time by a crap console players because the console players doesn't need to aim.
AA values are 0.4 and 0.6 of a maximum full Aim bot value of 1. The 0.2 is a large amount.
Someone on a 1030 with a .2 kdr will get destroyed by a ps4 player with a .2kdr. that PC player also has no say as to playing against console players.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
So all PC have better framerate? All have better monitors? I bet most people playing on PC don't have good FPS or monitors. Again you ignore my first post of if console gets higher fps like 120 the aa advantage should go away. You are also ignoring PC can't turn off cross play. So a bad PC player will get qued with other bad PC players and their console friends who have very strong AA. Its not an issue for me. From the beginning I've said that. A crap PC player will get destroyed 100% of the time by a crap console players because the console players doesn't need to aim.
AA values are 0.4 and 0.6 of a maximum full Aim bot value of 1. The 0.2 is a large amount.
Someone on a 1030 with a .2 kdr will get destroyed by a ps4 player with a .2kdr. that PC player also has no say as to playing against console players.
If AA needs to be nerfed on controllers. Strafe speed on keyboard also needs to be nerfed - and no looting + strafing in deathboxes. No reloading in front of doors and downed teammates either. Hope you like the fair play edition of Apex Legends 😂

If AA needs to be nerfed on controllers. Strafe speed on keyboard also needs to be nerfed - and no looting + strafing in deathboxes. No reloading in front of doors and downed teammates either. Hope you like the fair play edition of Apex Legends 😂
So you are just going to keep ignoring points I see. Good for you.
Edit. Your argument reads like switch players should have full Aim hacks but you don't get to decide if they are in your lobby or not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom