• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex PC cheaters are somehow getting into console lobbies and wrecking face (PC Gamer)

kingfey

Banned

FNATIC player Revengeful was recently streaming Apex Legends when his squad came across a cheater who had clearly forked-out for the premium package. Most remarkably, Revengeful was playing on console and the cheater was playing on PC (you can tell platform in Apex from a little icon on the death screen.)

The clip is below but, essentially, Revengeful and squad were playing the Predator mode on King's Canyon. The streamer and his squad then get absolutely iced by super-accurate fire from a player called '[Joba] SlxghtR Owns You <3'. The experienced Apex-ers quickly realise that this player is using an aimbot and who-knows-what else to dash around like some sort of AI monster and dominate the other players in the lobby.

I've come across complaints of PC cheaters being able to access console games of Apex, but this is the first time I'd seen footage of such. This is of course deeply wrong, the player was banned shortly after this stream, and hopefully Respawn will work out how to stop such shenanigans. It is also deeply funny to watch, and further enhanced by the dude with the French accent who keeps saying things like 'what the fuck bro' as we watch the super-cheat annihilate all competition.

The cheat software being used here means that the player using it is basically able to wipe out opponents from a distance with enormous accuracy, landing pinpoint no-scopes over and over again. "Oh my god bro, he’s just beaming bro," Revengeful adds at one point.

PSYGN

Couldn't they just be using a modded PS4 or some other hacked console running aimbots/trainers?

Edit: I couldn't find any hacks on Google for modded console, it'd be pretty niche but feasible.

Last edited:
It's called making your own rules. If you want to win sometimes you have to go the extra mile. There's nothing stopping them from getting a PC and doing the same thing. Maybe they just aren't as good. Etc...

"He eez ay cheetaire! He eez ze Peecee cheetaire!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Shmunter

Is it unusual because Apex is console only crossplay by default?

Edit: correct....

"By default, there are two cross-play pools, one for console players on controller and one for PC players on keyboard and mouse. Cross-play is turned on by default for all players. If a console player and PC player group up together, they will be matched with other PC players to ensure console-only lobbies don't have PC players."

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

Sadly one of the reasons I do not support free-to-play games on this scale.

Even if they get banned, a new account in 2 minutes and they are ready to roll again. however, you have to really think about doing something like that when it's a 60$ game.

Sure some hackers don't give a shit .but for the average gamer? he won't risk it.

Unless these companies do a hardware IP ban, nothing will sadly change. especially when it comes to these devs at respawn. awesome talent but shit knowledge in anti-cheating.

didn't a few months ago people were DDoSing their server or something on titanfall or something like that?

those guys need to hire really a better team when it comes to anti-cheating.

bender

What time is it?
And so with that blow, PC gaming ceased to exist. Who could've thought an nuclear threat level IQ would ever be unleashed upon the snobbery masses of the so called PC gaming "people".

Edit again and use "a" instead of "an" in front of nuclear.

hlm666

Sadly one of the reasons I do not support free-to-play games on this scale.

Even if they get banned, a new account in 2 minutes and they are ready to roll again. however, you have to really think about doing something like that when it's a 60$ game.

Sure some hackers don't give a shit .but for the average gamer? he won't risk it.

Unless these companies do a hardware IP ban, nothing will sadly change. especially when it comes to these devs at respawn. awesome talent but shit knowledge in anti-cheating.

didn't a few months ago people were DDoSing their server or something on titanfall or something like that?

those guys need to hire really a better team when it comes to anti-cheating.
I thought they were using a hardware id based ban system and once banned you basically need a new motherboard and gpu to get past the ban?

Did a quick google and yeh it's not as simple as making a new account.

Three

Couldn't they just be using a modded PS4 or some other hacked console running aimbots/trainers?

Edit: I couldn't find any hacks on Google for modded console, it'd be pretty niche but feasible.
I was thinking the same thing. Why do they assume this is a cheater on a PC?

Last edited:
Is it unusual because Apex is console only crossplay by default?

Edit: correct....

"By default, there are two cross-play pools, one for console players on controller and one for PC players on keyboard and mouse. Cross-play is turned on by default for all players. If a console player and PC player group up together, they will be matched with other PC players to ensure console-only lobbies don't have PC players."

Yep. That's the smart way to do it. Developers who do anything else are doing it wrong. PC and console players should never meet, unless PC and console owning friends are playing together.

BlueAlpaca

The matchmaking on this game is as bad as cheating. <1 KDR and get put up against stacks of 4k psychos.

Thank God I stopped playing this game.

Last edited:

Jose92

[Membe

FNATIC player Revengeful was recently streaming Apex Legends when his squad came across a cheater who had clearly forked-out for the premium package. Most remarkably, Revengeful was playing on console and the cheater was playing on PC (you can tell platform in Apex from a little icon on the death screen.)

The clip is below but, essentially, Revengeful and squad were playing the Predator mode on King's Canyon. The streamer and his squad then get absolutely iced by super-accurate fire from a player called '[Joba] SlxghtR Owns You <3'. The experienced Apex-ers quickly realise that this player is using an aimbot and who-knows-what else to dash around like some sort of AI monster and dominate the other players in the lobby.

I've come across complaints of PC cheaters being able to access console games of Apex, but this is the first time I'd seen footage of such. This is of course deeply wrong, the player was banned shortly after this stream, and hopefully Respawn will work out how to stop such shenanigans. It is also deeply funny to watch, and further enhanced by the dude with the French accent who keeps saying things like 'what the fuck bro' as we watch the super-cheat annihilate all competition.

The cheat software being used here means that the player using it is basically able to wipe out opponents from a distance with enormous accuracy, landing pinpoint no-scopes over and over again. "Oh my god bro, he’s just beaming bro," Revengeful adds at one point.

If you use keyboard and mouse on consoles then you will be placed in pc lobbies. Most probably one of the streamer’s teammates or himself was playing with a keyboard and mouse on the console.

Last edited:

Banned
If you use keyboard and mouse on consoles then you will be placed in pc lobbies. Most probably one of the streamer’s teammates or himself was playing with a keyboard and mouse on the console.

you literally can not use keyboard and mouse in this game on console.

PC players can never be in console lobbies under normal circumstances and console players can never be on PC lobbies unless they play with a PC players.

this is a new hack that hacks into console lobbies, and we knew this was possible for a long time it just never happened until now.

the security of Titanfall servers, and therefore also Apex servers since they use the same basic tech, is ridiculously shit.

Last edited:

Jose92

[Membe
you literally can not use keyboard and mouse in this game on console.

PC players can never be in console lobbies under normal circumstances and console players can never be on PC lobbies unless they play with a PC players.

this is a new hack that hacks into console lobbies, and we knew this was possible for a long time it just never happened until now.

the security of Titanfall servers, and therefore also Apex servers since they use the same basic tech, is ridiculously shit.
You are right my bad I personally have not tried the keyboard and mouse on console but I was told you can. I was wrong 😑

ClosBSAS

Double edged sword X-Play. Shit is nice for fighting games but ganes like apex, cod and bf don't need it, each console has their own audience and it's big enough

I was playing silver ranked with my kid and the champ squad was a 3 stack of diamond 1 players. I think to myself this is a great time for some free rp in diamond so I go on my main and the champ squad is a 3 stack of masters. Apex match making is broken.

Banned
I was playing silver ranked with my kid and the champ squad was a 3 stack of diamond 1 players. I think to myself this is a great time for some free rp in diamond so I go on my main and the champ squad is a 3 stack of masters. Apex match making is broken.

if you really had diamond players in your lobby that was either a glitch or the team you saw used an exploit.

exploit users like this usually get banned in bulk every few weeks.

at one point they banned 4000 PS4 players in a single day for using this exploit. PS4 players are disproportionately banned for this because the exploit is apparently easier to trigger on a PS4 than any other system

Last edited:

BlackTron

People cheating online is something I will never get my head around. I just flat out don’t get why that’s fun to people, especially to the point that some people pay good money for the cheats.

Losers who are such failures at life, the only way they can feel they affect another human being emotionally on any level in any way is by ruining their day.

It's like a toddler acting up to get negative attention, better than no attention than all. Literal adult babies whose only remaining way to feel anything is to take your fun away.

They think it makes them somehow cool but I just laugh at what pussies and degenerates they are. It's okay if you are 14 but eventually grow up.

Boss Mog

This is one of the many reasons cross-play is shit.
I've said since the beginning that cross-play is anti-gamer. The publishers advocate for it by saying it's to empower gamers but the reality is that it allows them to consolidate servers and thus save a lot of money on operating costs and that's why they push it, not because they care about gamers. The opt out option they give you is fool's gold because if you opt out, surprise, surprise you can't find any games to join because they prioritize people to cross-play servers if they don't opt out.

The main reason I game on console is to avoid cheaters in MP games but that's getting harder and harder thanks to cross-play and controller hack devices like cronus zen.

MiguelItUp

I can't tell who's trolling and who isn't Jesus Christ, lmao.

Cheaters are the absolute worst, for ruining cross play. I just hope devs find better and more efficient ways to keep up with them.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I've said since the beginning that cross-play is anti-gamer. The publishers advocate for it by saying it's to empower gamers but the reality is that it allows them to consolidate servers and thus save a lot of money on operating costs and that's why they push it, not because they care about gamers. The opt out option they give you is fool's gold because if you opt out, surprise, surprise you can't find any games to join because they prioritize people to cross-play servers if they don't opt out.

The main reason I game on console is to avoid cheaters in MP games but that's getting harder and harder thanks to cross-play and controller hack devices like cronus zen.
Preach.

If your game and support are good, it should stand on its own merits. If you need to rely on cross-play to survive, or shady matchmaking algorithms, then sour grapes.

BRING BACK DEDICATED SERVERS AND DEDICATED SERVER CLIENTS FOR PLAYERS TO HOST AND SET RULES.

It's almost as if people are too young to remember, or so conditioned, that they forgot the glorious days of private player server hosting.

They want to control your playlists (with their paltry offerings), drip-feed you game modes, all in hopes to psychologically get you to keep the spend up.

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
This is what turns me off completely from PC gaming. My PC friends will just stop playing the game they’re loving just because of cheaters. I can’t deal with that shit

AJUMP23

Where would one find these aimbots?

My son plays apex on console, so I hope his fun isn't getting ruined. I love when he comes and gives me a recap after playing a round.

Shmunter

Where would one find these aimbots?

My son plays apex on console, so I hope his fun isn't getting ruined. I love when he comes and gives me a recap after playing a round.
There should be no pc players under normal circumstances making it an even playing field for console players. This incident should be an exception.

Truly Apex is the only game doing crossplay right. They all need to follow this model.

Last edited:

Banned

this take is so fucking **** it rivals this Quantum TV guy.

you not only lack understanding of how these servers work in the first place, as evidenced by that stupid "consolidate servers and thus save a lot of money" take, as that makes exactly zero sense.

you also lack the understanding of the context here. as this is not a cross play issue, PC can NOT PLAY ON CONSOLE SERVERS.
this is a security issue of Respawn's server backend.

everyone opposed to crossplay is a fucking clown imo

DaGwaphics

This is one of the many reasons cross-play is shit.

Agreed. Playing against PC players should always be optional, something that can be turned off.

Edit: Although if this is a hack like @ 01011001 01011001 is suggesting, I guess there isn't a lot that can be done about that until the root of the problem is discovered.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
hopefully, no more crossplay between PC-console in the future. Humanity needs to evolve and move on.

Top Bottom