• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Arcade leads gaming subscriptions with over 100 million subscribers! (Beats PS Plus, Switch Online, and Game Pass combined)

NickFire

Honestly why even post shit like this in gaming.

We all know this isn't actual games or gaming. Let's stop pretending grandma flicking her gems about is the same as us playing actual fucking games. Nobody here should give a flying fuck about apple arcade.
Same sentiments.

This is nothing.

I've heard that Nintendo Switch Online has more than 150 million subscribers. I have no idea if those numbers are right or not, but that's impressive!
I heard Stadia had 360 million active paying players, with a 99.5% satisfaction rating before shutting down. Not sure if that's accurate or if I just made them up, but either way, very impressive.

Damigos

Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football
Wrong gif ?

TrueLegend

How the fuck is this surprise..Apple has been making most money from gaming since a decade, it's just that it is mobile gaming. Why the fuck do you think epic sued apple. Do you think apple makes all that money from evernote's 30% cut

HTK

Banned
Unfortunately the games that are on Apple Arcade I wouldn't play if they were to pay me.

Chiggs

I know you people exist in the millions, but I've never heard one talk. Highly disturbing.

Oh. don't worry, I own all the consoles (I meant no need for Apple to release a console) and a really high end 4090 gaming pc...but I can't deny the Apple bundle's appeal...except for Apple TV+. That shit does indeed stink.

Last edited:

tommib

Love the downplaying. Who cares if people aren't aware they're subscribed, or it's part of some monthly plan. Apple is not only making more money that anyone else on the App Store on gaming and they now have the biggest number of subscribers to their video game service out of all services.

Proceeds to show a graph of PS Plus, Switch Online, and Game Pass that adds up to more than 106M.

That is why 100 million has a "~" next to it.

You do know that Gamepass is counted separately from Xbox Live Gold, right? You can't compare Gamepass directly to PS Plus.
You're not including Xbox Live subscribers? Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live are separate subscription services, obviously Ultimate includes Xbox Live.

You're just counting Game Pass with 25+ million subscribers on PC and Xbox consoles.

The graph is kinda misleading.

"you're"? I didn't make the chart I just posted it lol.

I guess a lot of people get it included as part of the Apple One family subscription - as I do. Although I very very rarely play any games on my phone, if at all in any given month. I certainly wouldn't sub to it if it wasn't included in the One sub.

That said, it's a good service if you do actually play phone/tablet games. There's a lot of quality content on there, with none of the usual ads and paid unlocks that mobile games suffer from.

Last edited:

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
That is why 100 million has a "~" next to it.
You can't say it's "more than all three combined" and then have the actual numbers show otherwise on the chart. A tilde denotes approximate value, not tens of millions more. You also don't know the numbers of the other subscriptions since they all have "+" next to them.

If you had said "May Beat PS Plus, Switch Online, and Game Pass combined," it wouldn't be an issue. But you stated it like it's an objective fact, which nothing seems to back up. You don't know the actual numbers. Even the guy who is quoted in the OP literally says, "I’m told nine-figure subscribers, I have no idea if those numbers are right or not."

RoboFu

One of the green rats
one day these ipads and iphones will have the same .001 nano meter chips that consoles will have and a billion users. kind of boggles the mind

Last edited:
You can't say it's "more than all three combined" and then have the actual numbers show otherwise on the chart.

You even said in your post the guy doesn't know, but he was at an APPLE event when he heard the 9-digit number so that can be higher OR lower. Also let's be frank, from the time this thread posted until now at least another 6 million people or more subbed to the service lol. It's Apple.

Trogdor1123

kinda odd that they use game pass instead of gold?

Anyway, we have all 3 and they all are pretty great. The zero ads is nice. We got it as part of our family share plan on apple one. I’d recommend that service too actually

Swatseal

Neo Member
For $5 it works for every device in the family. Kids are actually able to learn and play the games quickly. For the casual gamer, the value you get is tough to beat.

Top Bottom