• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event 09.07.2022 | Far Out

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
So I guess I am getting Forerunner 255 next week. I held out hoping Apple will drop something revolutionary, but the Ultra is LOL.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
Wait, you have an iPhone? I swear you shared with me some choice words towards apple users a couple days ago.
I have a Macbook, an iPhone, and 2 iPads. I don't need a notification center on my wrist (I make conscious decision to limit my digital tools exposure). What I need is a sturdy, reliable sports watch to measure my running performance.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I have a Macbook, an iPhone, and 2 iPads. I don't need a notification center on my wrist (I make conscious decision to limit my digital tools exposure). What I need is a sturdy, reliable sports watch to measure my running performance.

Oh yeah sorry please ignore that, you were in the thread and misremembered.

Carry on carrying on.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Apple Watch Ultra is nuts.

OPeqmsZ.jpg

All this, with the best Apple Watch pretty much thrown in for free.

Once they integrate satellite location in a year or two, it will even replace the Lifeline pod, so you can get rescued if drifting away.

Lady Jane

Banned
My hot takes:
  • iPhone 14 Pro slaps. The Pro colors are meh. I do love the white but it's the only good color they have. Dynamic island is 🔥. Always on display is long overdue.
  • AirPods volume changing is the key new feature. I'm still fine with my current AirPod Pros though since I'm only changing the volume when I first put them on.
  • Nothing about the Watch made me want to upgrade and I don't need ovulation alerts on my phone thank you very much. I also only use it to exercise since it's impossible to style that bulky watch with apparel.

lachesis

Just realized that iOS 16 won't support my iPhone 7. I guess iPhone SE 2022 or 13/14..?
But I am wondering why are they still offering iPhone 12 at the same price as 13?

The watch Ultra really shows how far away Apple is from Samsung with watch technology and usability. I love the Galaxy Watch 4, but it's so basic compared to the Apple Watch, even down to the little animation that happens when you press the orange button.

lachesis

Debating whether to get 13 Mini or SE2022.
I love Touch ID - but with my dimming eyes... it would be difficult to see even smaller letters on 2022.

13 Mini's screen size is almost as large as my current phone (iPhone 7 plus) - but then again, any smartphone letters are too small these days w/o glasses - so it wouldn't make much difference unless I do that old people thing by making the letters look gigantic.

UorhglS.jpg

Decades ago, I thought this type of phone was ridiculous when I first saw my elderly uncle's place - but ironically I'm becoming that age now. :(

Mulling over upgrading from my XS. I wasn’t overly impressed but my battery health is only at 76% and it’s been 4 years.

What do you guys think?

Should be a nice bump. I'd go for it if the price isn't an issue.
Definitely not an issue, plus looks like I can knock off some off the top with a trade-in. I’m not really worried about missing out on future tech with the 15 etc, that’s the name of the game. I’m just wanting to make sure I’m getting more added functionality than I have now.

Last edited:

Trunx81

Mulling over upgrading from my XS. I wasn’t overly impressed but my battery health is only at 76% and it’s been 4 years.

What do you guys think?
I’m staying with my XS Max for at least another year. Battery 83%, but that’s what powerbanks are meant for. Don’t need any of the new features and it’s still fast as hell.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
So anything to do with astrophotography like the title of the event implied? "Far Out"
They combine two of the photo lenses to create another one when far distance objects are in frame. It's hard to explain.... here's a quick summary

e: derp. Trunk is probably the correct answer. :p

Last edited:

Trunx81

They combine two of the photo lenses to create another one when far distance objects are in frame. It's hard to explain.... here's a quick summary

e: derp. Trunk is probably the correct answer. :p
Why not both?

Kind regards
The Trunk

Top Bottom