• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple Event Peek Performance | March 8, 2022

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
v6aoEFO.png

Here's a rundown of what to expect, courtesy of Mac Rumors:
  • iPhone SE 5g
  • iPad Air
  • Mac Studio (Beefed-up Mac mini)
  • Studio Display (monitor)
  • 13-inch Macbook Pro
  • Green iPhone 13
  • OS updates for most devices
Time zone cheat sheet:
sC0TDHV.png

p_xavier

Authorized Fister
I need a new iPad Pro, but I guess it'll be announced this Fall. My 2020 model's Wi-Fi keeps disconnecting and it pisses me off.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I think it’s sorta hilarious they’re releasing the much awaited mid tower when you cannot Boot Camp windows anymore.

Sybrix

Still rocking my iPhone 7 Plus, best phone ever.

Nothing since the iPhone 7 Plus has made me want to upgrade.

For the last 5 years at least Apple's iPhone line up has been very boring, don't see that trend changing unfortunately

Sybrix

You are using almost 6-year old photo camera? That's some dedication to shit quality pics.

I don't really use my phone for photo's, leave that to my fiancé.

The tech in my iPhone 7 is more than sufficient for everything else, this being the main reason why i haven't upgraded, dont see the point.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

For the last 5 years at least Apple's iPhone line up has been very boring, don't see that trend changing unfortunately
iPhone releases come in the fall unless the SE is your cup of tea.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Who knows what Apple will show I predict the Apple Gaming Hardware Console to compete with SONY, Microsoft and NINTENDO.

p_xavier

Authorized Fister

I prefer the iPhone 12/13 Pro Max style than any other Apple phone since iPhone 5. I hated the rounded design of that era. I had switched to Android for those years.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Are there any good, and preferably free, iPhone photography for dummies videos or classes online? I have an 11 and if that picture is from a 6, I must be doing something terribly wrong when I taker photos.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Are there any good, and preferably free, iPhone photography for dummies videos or classes online? I have an 11 and if that picture is from a 6, I must be doing something terribly wrong when I taker photos.

Have you tried tapping the screen before taking the photo? Tapping tells your phone what you want the focus of the image to be - I’ve known a surprising amount of people who don’t know that.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

If this Mac Studio is coming today with something beyond an M1 Max I'm excited, but Luke Miani is a sus guy, his leaks have fallen flat before and this seems like a regurgitation of the general shape Jern showed a year ago, plus the Studio name we learned last week.

If it's true though I'm excited to see what's beyond M1 Max. And really wish Apple would create a program with cash incentives to bring native AAA ports to Apple Silicon, the baseline is pretty decent.

LordOfChaos

If they're getting up to 3090 performance I'd have liked to hear about accelerated ray tracing, but I guess that'll be M2 onwards

Pagusas

Elden Member
is it just me or does "Max" seem greater than "ultra"? Like Max always seemed like the highest one could go, the "Maximum" if you will. Ultra always seemed like it would be right under it. But Apple has it the opposite.

is it just me or does "Max" seem greater than "ultra"? Like Max always seemed like the highest one could go, the "Maximum" if you will. Ultra always seemed like it would be right under it. But Apple has it the opposite.
Just wait for the iPhone Pro Ultra

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I really hate the way they present this, "its faster than our iMac with the most popular gfx card"... yeah no shit - you put a five year old shitty gfx card in there and made the upgrade not worth it. Uhh.

I have the presenters on mute half the time.

LordOfChaos

Mac Pro shoutout as coming another time. M1 Ultra becomes a peek at its performance. There's that slogan.
Wait but how is there just one more product, what about the larger iMac?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Mac Pro shoutout as coming another time. M1 Ultra becomes a peek at its performance. There's that slogan.
Wait but how is there just one more product, what about the larger iMac?

Good point... seems theyre pointing those consumers towards the studio combo.

Ovek

7Member7
Ah good to see Jony Ive's design influence and no front port rules are finally fucking off. Shame they still haven't updated that embarrassing mouse and if Apple actually talked to any industry professionals they would have found out that they would want a monitor larger than 27".

Top Bottom