• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are We Dating the Same Guy?

Romulus

Glad I used online dating back when it was an actual advantage. I remember like 8 one night stands during December 2009 or so. God those cold holiday months were something. I went after recently "separated" often I remember. Listen to their bullshit sob story, couple of drinks, boom legs in the air.

But if I tried that now I'd probably be pegged and blacklisted, whatever they call it.

Last edited:

Blade2.0

Better than this one:

7DASNvY.jpg
I'll marry her.

LordOfChaos

Just saw one pop up in my city.

It's funny, every woman I've ever dated has been seeing a few people at the same time and finding the best option. Isn't that just what people do now?

Yet despite all that money they still fired thousands of people, while lean Apple did not. Tim Cook might be old and gay, but dude sure is steering the company way better than t-shirt and khaki pants tech bros.
No doubt that Apple is among the world's most successful companies. But to be fair, the recent layoffs isn't evidence of that the way you believe it is.

Google fired thousands, but it also hired thousands. Apple did neither.

She is like 2 sentences away from trying to sell crypto
It's a toss up really. On one hand I imagine she probably skipped the latest crypto bubble entirely due to her limited free time being spent putting her NFT portfolio together.

On the other hand though... I just can't imagine her passing up any and every opportunity to use the term "Stonks", and the crypto market surely gives her more opportunities than NFTs do.

LordOfChaos

What about her:

This is the same depressing disheartening thing I hear from female friends and family all the time. One microscopic thing and he's not "the one" and he's out. His shoulders were less wide than hers. He was her height and "she wanted to wear high heels". He laughed funny.

And then having the gall to forget all that and get upset when guys display any amount of choosiness at all. I'd have liked to think things would all balance out for these people, but the truth is they have hundreds and hundreds of matches waiting at any moment if they want it and the match rate of an average looking man is 1 in 100, hard mode if you're a visible minority (brown men are the least selected group in all of online dating, black women are the least on the female side but that's still far more pickings than any male group).

We do this to ourselves, since there's always a horny guy willing to put up with any amount of rubbish just to have anyone.

Cyberpunkd

Gold Member
This is the same depressing disheartening thing I hear from female friends and family all the time. One microscopic thing and he's not "the one" and he's out. His shoulders were less wide than hers. He was her height and "she wanted to wear high heels". He laughed funny.
Because it has been long proven men and women view opposite sex differently. Women focus on single characteristics, whereas men take a “sum of all parts” view.

Woggleman

The bagel guy is a lesson on what not to do to impress a woman. Not saying you need to be some player who uses and abuses women but take it a little easy until a woman proves herself worthy of that kind of treatment. Men need to learn that the most important non physical trait in a woman's attraction is respect and women do not respect a lap dog willing to debase himself for a woman.

I go all out for my wife but that is because she has earned that kind of treatment and I know she would do the same for me. I am not some jester breaking my back to please some ever disapproving queen will always find fault with something.

After I broke off my first engagement I had my standards and some women had a problem with it but I don't care. Since my standards saved me the pain of a bitter and nasty divorce or being tied to a woman who hates me at worst and tolerates me at worst I will take the judgement.

What about her:

Lol wow she has a narrow view: No one should ever settle for a guy that treats them nicely because she has a line of them out trailing the door. She thinks it’s not rare or valuable solely from her own experience, and she’s ready to offer advice based on only that? She also implies it’s people’s own fault for attracting low quality suitors, not like her whose sparkling personality just magically causes people to be nice to her, which she must therefore deserve. No mention of the real reason the bagel guy wasn’t “the one” she thinks she can pull a guy with a bigger dick and fatter wallet. Good luck with all that, yikes.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Find a bubble. Enter the bubble. Feed your info into the echochamber of reeing. Receive more reeing to feed your own ego and delusions. End up alone. Wonder why. Ree more into your safe bubble.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The bagel guy is a lesson on what not to do to impress a woman. Not saying you need to be some player who uses and abuses women but take it a little easy until a woman proves herself worthy of that kind of treatment. Men need to learn that the most important non physical trait in a woman's attraction is respect and women do not respect a lap dog willing to debase himself for a woman.

I go all out for my wife but that is because she has earned that kind of treatment and I know she would do the same for me. I am not some jester breaking my back to please some ever disapproving queen will always find fault with something.
Are these things equivalent though? That seems like a harsh interpretation of his actions. Doing random thoughtful gestures of kindness for a date doesn't sound debasing or jester-like at all.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Not defending her she seems insufferable and not attractive but at the same time I don't know a single woman who would be impressed by a guy saving a frozen bagel for her.

Top Bottom