• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are We Dating the Same Guy?

Bro, I'm 5'4" and even I'm surprised that I get women's attention! Some are taller, and a lot of them are >7s, too. IRL, of course, I've never had success with dating sites/apps, because my height gets amplified in that case.

It's all in how you carry and the opinion you have of yourself. It translates outwardly and women can sense that.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

"my male friends say I'm definitely an 8+"
is a tech lead at Google
= 6 at best
6 is being generous here.

GIF by Shelly Saves the Day

AJUMP23

Gold Member
He's single because he's gay. I can't imagine a straight dude putting that much effort into his beard and using eyelash curlers.
Could be single because he thinks he is amazing, when he is a loser. Aiming to high and he always misses with that facial hair.

Gorgyles

Banned
"my male friends say I'm definitely an 8+"
is a tech lead at Google
= 6 at best

I'm sure we're missing a big chunk of the story.
One of my best friends is very similar to the girl who wrote that.

But you should see her dating criteria.
The first two items are
-makes as much as I do ($450k)
-is over 6 feet tall

She has basically eliminated every single male on Earth.
And when she does date outside of her own criteria it always ends fast.
"Great sex, but he made a weird noise when he came"

This is just the 2020s take on the Sex in the City thing, where women thought that they never needed to settle and could just keep fucking around through their 30s, only to realize that by the time they decide to "settle down" all the good guys were either taken or don't want some used up wife. Only now it will be a result of years of toxic judgment and absurd standards instead of hedonistic narcissism.

Last edited:

Komatsu

Curious that you folks haven't picked up much on what I find the most horrifying aspect of this story: the blatant violation of privacy of the men involved, as apparently text messages, photos etc are posted and cross-checked by thousands of users (women mostly, I assume, but not exclusively). Thankfully I am married and been out of the dating pool for a decade.

Can you imagine a community of 80k men in NYC swapping stories, photos etc of the women they date? It wouldn't last 2 weeks before some intrepid reporter for, say, the New Yorker, blasted an exposé and the community itself would be incinerated by Meta/twitter/whatever.

Komatsu

This is just the 2020s take on the Sex in the City thing, where women thought that they never needed to settle and could just keep fucking around through their 30s, only to realize that by the time they decide to "settle down" all the good guys were either taken or don't want some used up cum bucket as a wife. Only now it will be a result of years of toxic judgment and absurd standards instead of hedonistic narcissism.

"Cum bucket"? Are we a bodybuilding forum now? Jesus

Cyberpunkd

They are an ad agency...they sell our data, and it makes them more than enough money.
Yet despite all that money they still fired thousands of people, while lean Apple did not. Tim Cook might be old and gay, but dude sure is steering the company way better than t-shirt and khaki pants tech bros.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Curious that you folks haven't picked up much on what I find the most horrifying aspect of this story: the blatant violation of privacy of the men involved, as apparently text messages, photos etc are posted and cross-checked by thousands of users (women mostly, I assume, but not exclusively). Thankfully I am married and been out of the dating pool for a decade.

Can you imagine a community of 80k men in NYC swapping stories, photos etc of the women they date? It wouldn't last 2 weeks before some intrepid reporter for, say, the New Yorker, blasted an exposé and the community itself would be incinerated by Meta/twitter/whatever.
There is no way these groups don't have a sizeable contingent of men sniping their competition.

Aesius

Average tech company in SV salary TBH

Google has 150k+ people like this and the company hasn't made a new product they didn't cancel a year later in over a decade
There's no way $850k is the average tech worker salary in Silicon Valley. Managing 20 people isn't even senior leadership in a company the size of Google...that's middle management.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
This is excellent.

The next time a woman moans at you about looking at titties online, you can just point straight at this shit.

Happy I Like It GIF

nush

Better than this one:

7DASNvY.jpg

Wow clueless and full of shit. Here's the issue career women like this don't consider, they still want a man to be earning more than them. What's mine is mine, what's yours is mine and they are not giving a free ride to any man after she worked so hard for everything she's got /s. Plus she's over 30.
The guy she wants already has a girl, she's hot and under 30. If a guy found a girl he liked working in a McDonald's, he'd still date her. A career women would turn her nose up at some man working in the trades even if she didn't know he would most likely be making bank.

Mixed race, I don't think that's a metric men actually seek out. She also doesn't state what mix, but for sure if it was Asian she's have mentioned it.

Men get intimidated when she lists off all her assets? Nobody wants do date a braggart. Men she's looking for already know letting a woman discover is better than disclosure becuse bragging about your assets makes you look insecure and is a homing beacon for gold diggers.

8+, no you're not. Everyone knows 7 is the safe number to give but because they know she knows they have to +1 it. She's a 6- for sure.

"Takes time out to nurture relationships and prioritize quality time", even by saying "Time out" it's clear her priority is work not the man and she's obviously shit at nurturing if she's single for the last 3 years.

I hope she enjoys retirement in her big empty house with wine and cats.

thefool

Ngl, i think women should be worried about randomly meeting men online. If i was a woman i definitely wouldn't be doing what several girls end up doing with me lol
I do agree with Komatsu, if a group this large of men was doing this stuff openly, all hell would break loose. On the other hand, i doubt these girls date much.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
10-12 years of experience, SWE with 20 people under you at Google = L6 or L7, 500-700k TC on average. 800k TC is plausible for a 34 year old who focused entirely on career.
Sure it's not some totally impossible salary or anything.

It's just not anywhere near average lol And Google certainly doesn't have 150k+ people making that.. nor do they have that many people managing 20 person teams either. (obviously as they aren't a 3.15 million employee company lol)

Last edited:

Billbofet

My wife's best friend is back in the dating scene - now in her 40's (widowed) - and she just expects sooo much.
Every guy she dates she actively tries to find faults or be critical of every little detail.
Not sure if it's her or this generation of women, but she's maybe a 7 and expecting a 9 or 10 that makes $200k.
You're just not going to find that from that demographic of dude when you're a hyper-critical 7. And all her friends support this insane, high standard.

nush

My wife's best friend is back in the dating scene - now in her 40's (widowed) - and she just expects sooo much.
Every guy she dates she actively tries to find faults or be critical of every little detail.
Not sure if it's her or this generation of women, but she's maybe a 7 and expecting a 9 or 10 that makes $200k.
You're just not going to find that from that demographic of dude when you're a hyper-critical 7. And all her friends support this insane, high standard.

She's looking for a retirement plan not a partner.

Lasha

So... a woman?

A chic, you're dating a chic.

Don't confuse a guy not telling you what he needs with your own deep rooted psychosis that has been hardwired through gifts and courtship evolution. Us "not telling you what we need," is usually because we are content and don't need to be constantly given "things" for some reassurance. Doing just the "little things" is what matters most. Let us men take care of the "taking care of" and providing what you need.

Stop complicating and trying to change the simple and natural order of things that are shown not only in humans, but animals alike.

Guys don't need much. Food, sex, loyalty and love. It really is that simple.

I kept a journal for an entire year as a gift for a significant wedding anniversary. A journal was the best way I could think of to give her myself I bared all for a year holding nothing back including my more compromising moments. My wife adored the effort for the romantic gesture it was but she was quite curious why more than 2/3 of the journal were drawing, musings, equations, and small poems about space.

Women really don't realize the authenticity of the meme of a troubled wife wondering what her husband is thinking. Being concerned with petty drama or small material needs isn't as fun as thinking about hobbies or other interesting things. A man can be empathetic and sensitive without being emotionally needy in return.

poppabk

I kept a journal for an entire year as a gift for a significant wedding anniversary. A journal was the best way I could think of to give her myself I bared all for a year holding nothing back including my more compromising moments. My wife adored the effort for the romantic gesture it was but she was quite curious why more than 2/3 of the journal were drawing, musings, equations, and small poems about space.

Women really don't realize the authenticity of the meme of a troubled wife wondering what her husband is thinking. Being concerned with petty drama or small material needs isn't as fun as thinking about hobbies or other interesting things. A man can be empathetic and sensitive without being emotionally needy in return.
When my wife asks me what I am thinking about because she thinks I am thinking deep meaningful thoughts I like to just blurt out my stream of consciousness.

poppabk

I'm typically in my Nothing box. It annoys my wife, but that's the box I like the most.

I'm usually thinking of something it's just inane and random. My wife is expecting something like:
"I was imagining the careers our kids will have" or "I was just thinking about how much I love you"
What she gets is:
"I was wondering what that little denim jean pocket was originally for" or "I was imagining installing a TV in the bathroom"

Woggleman

I am so glad to be out of the dating pool.

One advice I would give to men is stop trying to impress women or be what women today claim to want in a man. The type of women who generalize men and claim that we are trash will never be satisfied no matter what you do. They are not looking for anything other than ammo to use against men. Just be who you are and let the chips fall where they may. After my first engagement I decided I was going to be who I wanted to be and make myself happy and a woman can take or leave it and I met my wife who truly is a great catch.

Jsisto

Better than this one:

7DASNvY.jpg

Good god, it’s practically a list of why she’s single and she’s not even aware of it. All of that is completely irrelevant to the type of men she’s probably interested in.

This is SO many women on the “serious“ dating apps. Corporate lawyers with numerous pictures of them in exotic lands, standing dangerously close to the edge of cliffs, and riding an elephant while drinking a glass of wine or some shit. Just a huge turn off.

Sometimes I wish I was born gay.

Good god, it’s practically a list of why she’s single and she’s not even aware of it. All of that is completely irrelevant to the type of men she’s probably interested in.

This is SO many women on the “serious“ dating apps. Corporate lawyers with numerous pictures of them in exotic lands, standing dangerously close to the edge of cliffs, and riding an elephant while drinking a glass of wine or some shit. Just a huge turn off.

It's not so much a turn off, as it is something you have to constantly one up in. If you're not constantly 'spinning plates' and upping the ante, she's gonna look elsewhere... and that's just too tiring... and the reason why men avoid her.

Last edited:

nush

It's not so much a turn off, as it is something you have to constantly one up in. If you're not constantly 'spinning plates' and upping the ante, she's gonna look elsewhere... and that's just too tiring... and the reason why men avoid her.

Financially these women want their men to be Santa Claus. "Buy me nice gifts" and they are not going to think where the money come from and if you've been in enough relationships you'll hear gifts as "Get into debt for me" because "I'll bail out with my "Gifts" and leave you paying for them".

I mean you shouldn't ever get to that situation if you've learned not to be a simp. She's 34, the men she's looking for have been around the block already.

Lasha

Tams

I knew these groups would be an absolute shitshow from the very moment I heard of their existence. It was bleeding obvious it would foster a nasty, vindictive atmosphere.

And they're allowed to fucking get away with it.

Not that I agree with the men playing them all. Don't be a dick like that. But even dicks don't deserved to be bullied and harassed, and no ones who get falsely accused absolutely do not.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Well, Yes they are. There are several studies done on this. 80% of women date only the top 20% of guys on dating apps. Women swipe right only 5-20% of the time so they are all picking the same dudes who are making a killing banging every broad under the sun. These guys would never settle because getting laid is way easier for them than it is for the rest of us so the cycle continues.

Women who get hit on all day long will undoubtedly have a bigger opinion of themselves and eventually turn into narcissists. Same thing is happening to the good looking guys out there.

Top Bottom